Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:30:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweetbriar.....moving vans  (Read 10913 times)
suem

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2010, 11:08:54 pm »

Talked to Dizzy today.  She's in Nashville and drove out to Sweetbriar.  She saw two big moving vans there.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 11:27:54 pm »

Sue, it's sad for dizzy and mazzie to see, so sorry.

Sad in a way but maybe time to downsize.. a good time while school is out, to get set up in another school etc.
He may have more houses than the public knows about. The one in FL is nice & they have the River House in Nashville.
Sometimes people use other people's homes, until they have one built.. I think they have a condo in  Panama City and The house in FL, is in a gated community..Not that far from my sister's house.

So glad I saw it, while occupied by Alan & family..people were working all over, to upkeep the grounds. Home is where the Heart is, they say. I hope Dizzy & Mazzie get to see Alan, he will be signing at a booth and it said "maybe with Denise" on twitter.
I hope they get to see him, or better yet Alan gets to meet these lovely ladies . we will be going that way soon, but not until hubby's Dr appnt, he's had for a month.
Tell Dizzy to be careful driving .Take care, Jerrie-FL-MS
Sue, thanks for the update hon.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:05:17 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:16:31 pm »

Dizzy has not been able to get tickets for one night or 4days they are sold out in the level I would buy in because if rain
comes you can get out of the rain...Tried to buy tickets for the booth area and they don't sell pass for one day....I have tried for the club level for a month and no luck ..This is the first time in many years that I haven't attended fan faor //Will be going town to see some of the happenings..have been watching some on t.v.
Have been visiting relatives so all is not lost....will be leaving Nashville Sunday heading home..I could not sign on to cmt board it would not accept my info...will just read the news ...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52:00 pm »

Dizzy has not been able to get tickets for one night or 4days they are sold out in the level I would buy in because if rain
comes you can get out of the rain...Tried to buy tickets for the booth area and they don't sell pass for one day....I have tried for the club level for a month and no luck ..This is the first time in many years that I haven't attended fan faor //Will be going town to see some of the happenings..have been watching some on t.v.
Have been visiting relatives so all is not lost....will be leaving Nashville Sunday heading home..I could not sign on to cmt board it would not accept my info...will just read the news ...dizzy

DIZZY HI!
 WATCH FOR ALAN AND FLAG HIM DOWN IF YOU HAVE TO HA! I REMEMBER READING ABOUT HAVING TO HAVE  A FOUR DAY PASS , YES. KEEP TRYING. THIS IS LISTED ON TWITTER FOR A LOT OF SINGERS, SO YOU MIGHT COULD GO THERE.
"In Nashville for CMA Music Festival? Stop by the Opry Originals Store (300 Broadway) between 11a & 1p. Signing..." FOR SEVERAL SINGERS.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 07:41:15 pm »

From what I read a couple of months ago, Alan & Denise are building another house in Nashville, but not as much property.   Jeri, they don't have the River house anymore - that's the one they sold to Kenny Chesney and was totally lost in the floods.   They could always stay at the house on Center Hill Lake.   
Wish I could have seen Sweetbriar before they moved out.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:53:46 pm »

Kathy,

The center Hill Lake one, is the one I meant...I think they still have it..They did say at one time they might build a smaller version of the SweetBrair but perhaps they decided not to. Downsizing is good now for everyone, too many people to tell what to do etc.. ha! I think I would enjoy something glamorous but comfy, that seems to fit their lifestyle we see as Fans

Jerrie-FL & MS
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:25:26 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 02:48:54 pm »

Hi AJ Fans,

I found this video at the "Nashville Countryclub" about Sweetbriar:
http://nashvillecountryclub.com/News.php?id=790
Whaw !!!
Enjoy
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:48:43 pm »

Thanks so much for sharing that link !!! I love all those photos !!! I have been blessed to see Sweetriar many times when Alan lived there.  Even got to meet Mattie one time when she was pulling in !!!  Saw Denise pull in on two different occasions.  That does look like a lot of property and house to keep up.  Good luck to the whole Jackson family in their new home !!!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 09:01:59 pm »

I found out who bought Alan's home.  Willis Johnson who works at Copart Inc.  Sounds like a real rich guy!

Gwen
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:00:38 am »

JeanB thank you for thoses beautiful pictures.     Gwen thank you for the info.  Take Care both of you.    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »

As we get older, we realize how much space do we really need for 2 people and family/guest. Alan and Denise's house was beautiful and the property just as beautiful but I imagine the upkeep and cleaning has to be consuming. Even if Alan and Denise didn't do the work ~ just the responsibility can be overwhelming, when they want to simplify their lives. At least their moving into a home that has been their home for awhile, just not full time.

We're selling our house too, going from 8,000 sq. ft./20 acres to something more manageable. More like 3,600-4,000 sq. ft. I hope our house takes only a year to sell.
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 06:45:57 pm »

sugarplum, your house is hug!   even your vision for down sizing is large in my book!  hubby and i are alone now and we settled on just over 1500 sq. ft.  it's just right except when the children and grandchildren are all here at the same time.  then we are busting at the seams!  lol

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 01:43:25 pm »

Perhaps Alan and Family are like everyone else, since he says"They don't live the glamor Life" people tend to downsize
when the children leave and enjoy themselves more. You will always have the memories and the children too.

Some people of wealth invest in property too and sell to make money on it, but the market is not doing well now, so may be a good time to sell ,  upkeep is high. Great time to downsize..

I wouldn't know about huge  wealth, we are just the average American and we basically do most things with our family now and our Church etc.. I feel very blessed, that we have enough money for our needs and we can do the things we want, like spurge once in a while.

I think Alan was raised a lot like us w/respect and his Dad was a HHAAH type man..Alan came up the hard way, working in honky tonks or anywhere he could sing, but he had the ambition to be something.. and Denise must have believed in him.
He loved Singing but that doesn't mean it's easy always..I just admire the Man and am so proud of his success & for the family. Denise is a wonderful wife I'm sure & mom, the children tuned out great, so maybe some of Alan's good nature is in them too & His "Nisey". She has that sweet Southern Belle accent..more refined.
I hope Alan knows how much we appreciate his Music all the Years..and how he has blessed our Lives. I was so star struck meeting him, I forgot to tell him my name or how much we love his Music.It was great to meet a man I admire his music all the years..It was surreal but I am so thankful it happened when it did, I was losing my Mother and it really comforted me.. She died in November 2009, after I saw him in September 2009. we were home in MS to visit her and found the Email on Hubby's Laptop. I was so shocked, that I would have missed meeting him, had my husband not brought the Laptop along to check my Email .Just wished I had told him how much his Music meant to me.. Oh well maybe I'll get lucky and get another M & G , I will not stop trying.. Alan please come to Florida again in the Fall Tour or MS or Nashville around Christmas..

Lordy! I have written a newspaper byeee Jerrie

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:04:32 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: