Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 11:31:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The CMT Awards-  (Read 14747 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:05:47 pm »

Question , did anyone really enjoy the CMT's w/ exception to a few performers and Nominees.

Was this a Rock Country performance ? beats me...The Hosts could have been better, my opinon. This sets the pace.
what's with Kid Rock smoking and drinking on the show. Could he stopped for one night or not be so obvious.

The Young Guy was excited and fun. I wish he had stayed during the whole Hosting!I would like to see each one either their name put at the bottom on screen or announcer saying this is-  Their names. I didn't know half the names of the people on.I know most of the newbies, but not each individual name.. What is wrong with stating each NAME of Host.

An announcer in the background would have sufficed.Too bad the Young Guy didn't host all the way through, the one on the Entry  Interview, ( on the Blue carpet)he was super nice and excited! I don't know his name, since I don't watch late night TV. they should have told the names byo introduction.

A few Performers showed some Class, even with all the hoopla!I liked a bit of some of the ones w/new Songs getting to sing a few lines right before break, That was good.Little Big Town sang along in backgroud Harriet said w/ Jamey Johnson. Loved that!
Miranda Lambert Looked beautiful and I wish she had done her new Song, "The House that Built me" it's great!
Her hubby to be , Blake seemed excited for her!

Same with Carrie Underwood, wish she had done her new "Temporary Home" song but she chose one to fit the format Like
Miranda  did. Carrie's husband to be seemed very proud for her and showed excitement with class.

I think Luke Bryan was so proud of his Award, he has been in FL and he is good. he was the MOST excited male who won!

Faith , Tim, Nichole, and Keith showed much class and I enjoyed them. Nice to see Trisha Yearwood and Leean Rimes!

Ronnie Dunn wasn't there to accept their Award, I missed him terribly..Kix appeared  a bit sad..but happy for the award
( unexpected) perhaps.
Love the Zac Brown Band, they can always entertain and seem so mature and nice. I saw them in Florida  with Alan and liked them very much.a great fiddle player and all around good Band!

The Paula Deem skit was not that  funny to me as She usually is, Just being herself at times. Kellie looked Great!
Oh well, Country Music will always be a mixture of all Kinds, it's just not my Style Tonight.

Country can be mixed, it's an Art.. Country, It's really good Music & a Good Country Singer is known immediately.

My views may not be yours but I remember Great Country Music !Jones, wynette, Conway, waylon, Williams Sr,Haggard

There are some still left, Thank God! Brad Paisley did great, he's a nice guy too! I even liked Urban and John's Number, that Guitar!! so exciting!

I missed my pick for the Best Traditional Country Singer, Songwriter Alan Jackson! Alan's Love Songs are the Best!

God Bless Nashville, it's a Great City! Jerrie-MS-FL

The Host could have been better, it seemed out of order.... but the words at the END was his Best...

Edited to seem more positive..

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 10:07:19 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »

Jeri, I found it a crazy disjointed show & didn't always know what was going on. But I enjoyed some of the performances. Little Big Town was singing with Jamey Johnson. I liked Miranda's performance & happy about her win for Female Video. Also happy for Brooks & Dunn & their win. Also also enjoyed the performances of Toby Keith & the Zac Brown Band.' Free' is really  a nice song. Didn't care for Kid Rock as a host- hope they get somebody else next year. But they all seemed to be enjoying it..

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28:09 pm »

Best Traditional Country Singer, Songwriter Alan Jackson!  I don't watch anymore because
it seems that Alan gets snubbed all the time.  He's better than most of those rockers who
are winning.  He's traditional.  Too bad.  We love him anyway but CMT doesn't seem to
pick him much at all.  I didn't see Chris Young or Josh Turner either.
Alanfan
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:07:57 pm »

Best Traditional Country Singer, Songwriter Alan Jackson!  I don't watch anymore because
it seems that Alan gets snubbed all the time.  He's better than most of those rockers who
are winning.  He's traditional.  Too bad.  We love him anyway but CMT doesn't seem to
pick him much at all.  I didn't see Chris Young or Josh Turner either.
Alanfan

Alanfan- just to let you know Alan was at the CMT Awards last year & he won for Performance Video of the Year for Country Boy on CMT Giants with Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley & George Strait. I was so happy about Alan winning that award that I came out of my seat & clapped & shouted.

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:03 pm »

I was talking about the CMA awards that were just the other day.  I didn't hear of
Alan winning anything.  I knew about last year and the Country Boy one.  But it just
seems that he gets left out so often.  No matter.  I know he's super, just like you do. 
Thank you for the note anyhow.  I watch his "Collection" and Aquapalooza whenever
it's on and get lots of enjoyment from that.

Someday I'll get a meet and greet.  I was just at a concert in CT with my daughter in May. 
It was a spectacular show!!
Alanfan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:45:13 pm »

HariAJFan

Alanfan- just to let you know Alan was at the CMT Awards last year & he won for Performance Video of the Year for Country Boy on CMT Giants with Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley & George Strait. I was so happy about Alan winning that award that I came out of my seat & clapped & shouted.

Harriet, I tried to post that Video of Alan on CMT ! I was so delighted Alan won that! That is the best Video, the look on Dierks Bentley's face when George Strait sings his part on the Video, is priceless ha! The Video is "Country Boy" with Brad playing Guitar, Big Alan, George, and Dierks!On the CMT Giants. It is a great Video..Now that was a great Show too!

Jerrie-FL & MS
Here is the Great Video of the CMT award Alan won last year for.. It's GreaT ! I hope it works, he deserved an Award for this one!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/322635/cmt-giants-alan-jackson-8-country-boy.jhtml?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:10:14 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 07:22:06 am »

I think I"m getting confused with so many awards shows.  I was commenting on the
latest CMT??? awards the other day where Alan got nothing.  I know about last year,
but this is THIS year and I may be confused about what awards he should have been
eligible for.  I just look up the nominees and WISH accordingly.  I know about "Country Boy"
but that was last year.  I saw that show.

I'm just trying to push for Alan any way I can.  I don't always hit it right but I try.
Alanfan
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 12:23:44 pm »

I too was disappointed with the show. Alan is getting snubbed a lot lately. He barely got any recognition for the great "Good Time" CD, and hope he doesn't get left out again for "Freight Train". He definitely is in a class all by himself. The show was NOT very country, except for a few of the acts as already mentioned by the rest of you...most jokes were not funny, and the host was a complete disaster.  Country seems to be changing and I personally am not real happy with it.

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:47 pm »

I think I"m getting confused with so many awards shows.  I was commenting on the
latest CMT??? awards the other day where Alan got nothing.  I know about last year,
but this is THIS year and I may be confused about what awards he should have been
eligible for.  I just look up the nominees and WISH accordingly.  I know about "Country Boy"
but that was last year.  I saw that show.

I'm just trying to push for Alan any way I can.  I don't always hit it right but I try.
Alanfan

Alanfan, I understand you were referring to this year's show & I wish Alan had been nominated too.

alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 10:37:59 pm »

You know we're all Alan Jackson and the Strayhorn's fans and most of us have been following them for 20 plus years... I prefer traditional country music and now it seems like the younger and newer singers aren't singing traditional country but more of a pop country.. I personally think Alan & George had it right when they sang Murder On Music Row......
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 01:29:14 am »

Jeri, I'm with you on this show. I only watched a little more than half so I missed the young guy hosting. I did enjoy a few singers expecially Zac Brown ( I really like them alot ), Brad, Keith, Tim and others.
What's up with Kid Rock......could he have added anymore comments on drinking or other party gestures?
I usually don't watch these shows anymore unless I know AJ will be there, rather he is performing or not. Like pulling hens teeth anymore for our man to be nominated.  Angry
God Bless Alan and the few Country Singers out there!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 10:10:32 am »

Yes I feel the same way...even if Alan is just in the audience, it makes my day. But he wasn't there. Boo hoo!

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »

Hated the show overall ,,,as it is so far from being Country generally.
There were too many Ugh factors and it is a shame.

Chris Young did sing..but just part of his song before a break like the
other new singers in his category.  He and a few others are going to
be the ones to carry Any traditional sound into the future of Country
music. 

Joe Nichols is another one who can do that.
I get to see Joe next Fri in a smallll town concert an hr from here.

Martina McBride is good friends with Kid Rock and I just don't "get" that
at all. She has her own recording studio and he has recorded there. Their
friendship is a few yrs old now... Ugh

I heard that comcast cut off the last half hr segment to their viewers.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 01:28:04 am »

other new singers in his category.  He and a few others are going to
music.  Joe Nichols is another one who can do that.
I get to see Joe next Fri in a small town concert an hr from here.

I'm just sorry they didn't ask Alan to perform, since he had "Frieght Train" out! He was most likely home for Fan Fest or
whatever it is called. He could at least give out an award, if he wanted.. I do like Chris Young, he is on Tour with Alan now
and he's a great guy w/a country voice.I enjoyed Chris with Alan in Florida, last year.
Enjoy Joe Nichols, he recently married didn't he.. Love his Songs too! he is taking his career more seriously now, I think.
Harriet
Eric Church has a new one ,the Singer you like, not sure about words but love the beat to the Song and sound, it will be a hit most likely.He seems to be doing much better now!
Take care all, Jeri

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 12:37:27 pm »

There were too many Ugh factors and it is a shame.

other new singers in his category.  He and a few others are going to
music.  

Joe Nichols is another one who can do that.
I get to see Joe next Fri in a smallll town concert an hr from here.

Martina McBride is good friends with Kid Rock and I just don't "get" that
at all. She has her own recording studio and he has recorded there. Their
friendship is a few yrs old now... Ugh

I heard that comcast cut off the last half hr segment to their viewers.

I have Comcast Cable & they did not cut off the show in Atlanta.

Jeri, I do like Eric Church & think he is very talented.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: