Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:22:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweetbriar Sold For $28M  (Read 16884 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2010, 04:07:01 pm »

This has nothing to do with Alan's music but I thought you all may want to read about this.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/6/1/country_stars_palace_sells_for_28m

BHR

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:15:00 pm »

Nice article.  Hope they won't miss Sweetbriar when they are gone.  I'm sure the new owners will love the place.  Leslie
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 05:06:39 pm »

BHR,

So happy we saw the house before they sold it.. They still own several most likely.. It was where they made a lot of memories with family, both good & bad I'm sure but sometimes it's just time to go..
I think they did well on the price! Lots of upkeep continually. Don't they over estimate huge houses and go for more, so they can be happy with less.I know most do here..
That house is so pretty but I would love a cozy house better, for myself..Heck I walk my legs off in my sisters home and it's not nearly as huge as this house. ha! The day we saw the house, men were constantly working in the yards and we drove around it all and saw the barn and the lake etc. I loved seeing the path, where Alan says "he runs every day 3 miles"
 Love that beautiful Fence..I would have to live in that house like the beverly hillbillies, I have to be comfy lol. In my sister's house in Memphis, when they lived there, it seemed like entering a huge court house, with marble entry..I am the log cabin type, we are total opposites. Huge houses seem rather cold to me..But I'm sure they had this one decorated with things to make it seem comfy & still have class. I looked it over really good when we saw it, My hubby had the nerve to park the car across the driveway ( entry) I was scared they might call police , my hubby said, I'm sure they can tell we are so dangerous. lol.. He hung over the fence and made photos , I nearly cringed. I told my husband I knew Alan 's Mom was so proud of his success" not noting they had camera's and intercom too. they may have heard everything we said. Like me saying , "Get in this car & move it or I will call the police" to my husband "lol  I was afraid they might drive out and we would be blocking entry..so rude , my husband but he's a joker..ha! we have lots of photos of the house ..Thank God..

It's really a pretty place..so wonderful for their family when the girls were all there, I'm sure.I'm so glad they sold it. He lived his dream and now it's time to downsize perhaps, and make new wonderful memories! Geeze they live in the same county as my son, his is so much smaller lol.  But they are happy and just glad the house didn't get completely washed away, they still have to re-do it inside.a lengthy process, to get anyone to do anything, they are all busy in Nashville..
Thanks for letting us see this Link and know Alan's" Sweetbriar" is sold..GOOD for them!! It's Lovely ! Alan's "Tara" , perhaps
Thanks BHR!, They will be happy anywhere they go together, I'm sure, so super nice Alan is, and I would love to meet Denise too.. Jerrie-MS

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:25:40 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »

I am happy for Alan that he sold his estate.  I'm sure he and his wonderful family
will never forget all the beautiful memories they leave there.  The new owners are
certainly lucky to have purchased such wonderful personalized history of a
family that is so grounded in love.

It's was so sentimental to me to leave the home I loved, that I could write a song
about it.  I'm sure that the family has other homes as beautiful and will enjoy new
memories for their future wherever they choose to live.  I would have loved to be
able to see Sweetbriar in person, but did see the virtual tour.  I wish Alan well in
the future with Denise and the girls.

Thanks for letting me know.  I would not have found this on my own.
Alanfan
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:16:02 pm »

Thanks for the infor. I will have to drive by one more time during Fan Fan next week.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »

Oh..so sorry to see this beautiful home leave Alan and family, but lives take other avenues.  Positive they will build another gorgeous home for themselves.   So lovely to have wondered through the home, all of the beautiful surroundings and buildings via the tour.  Thank you BHR for the article.   Sad, but something great ahead I am sure.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:46:52 pm »

Love this house and the Memory of seeing it and crying for Alan being so successful and that his parents must be so proud.. but success means didferent things to different people. I bet Alan would give it all up, to have his Dad with him..
I know they will go on to make new memories but this house is so nice and I'm sure it feels like HOME.

These are a few of my favorite memories of Alan in Concert @ Ucf "GOOD TIME " song, etc, One with my local DJ w/Alan ,Plus the House "SweetBriar" with my husband hanging over the fence in winter.. It looks much better in summer when all is green & flowers.. but this is the path I'm sure AJ speaks of running on. One is me w/the truck like everyone else has lol why do we do this ha! one is AJ throwing me a pic at Jax.Just sweet memories.Yes I forgot too the photo of Alan about to take my book of "Niseys' to sign, I had a RadioGator Country decal inside the book cover & Alan looked at it. ha! Sharon remember that night w/you at the stage, my hand is showing but that may be your ticket he was handing you back..that he signed for you.. Thanks for going up stage w/me!
 I included my old country house in MS to show you the real Country.. but for some reason it didn't load..Oh well, it's just an old homeplace..MINE! it had snow etc..Looks a bit like Alan's Mom's house in Newnan. Home is where the heart is, so they say & mine is in Mississippi!
Enjoy, but Alan's  house looks much better in person. Much better..click Look at My album, then detailed view inside, arrow over is best.. a few great memories thanks to Alan! Love so many Memories that shall last a Lifetime! I'm sure all of you AJ Fans do. I just put this, in case someone hasn't seen the House. The front Gate is beautiful, but my photo there is not ha! so sorry I can't include it.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CbOW7hy2cMWGD

Jerrie-MS

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:34:52 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:56:36 pm »

Jeri, I just love your picture of the stone fence with the path.  Do you have more pictures from that day? 

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:36 pm »

Wow...I wonder when Alan and his family have to move out.  Is his new home built?
Maybe I can talk hubby into a detour and see his house this summer before he moves out. 

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 11:55:04 pm »

Jeri, I just love your picture of the stone fence with the path.  Do you have more pictures from that day? 
Tricia,
Yes, I have so many but could not load too many, it seemed to violate their privacy too much.. I got the gate and
the barn and all around the house as far as the camera would reach..The SweetBriar sign and me standing by the gate .
It's just a dream home, so pretty in summer..This was a fall photo but I have both seasons..So glad to have these memories. You want believe it but a leaf blew from Alan's tree and hit me right in the mouth, I caught it and saved it, this sounds so silly but to me, it's a memory..we also saw Mattie jogging w/friends and she waved to us as we drove away..
this was before she left for the University..she was so sweet and kept jogging..I was afraid we might frighten her, so I told my husband to not drive too slow by them.. So glad I have all the photos now for Memories..
Sue the house will be sold by summer and they might not let  anyone get as close as with Alan..but you  might ask Cindy..
about a bus Tour.. Alan has the home here in FL and others remember..I wont be violating their privacy here. They deserve
that now..I would like another Meet and greet however LOL..The  house looks huge and much better than these photos!
it's a huge Estate.So proud for Alan and Family.. Jerrie-MS

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:24:19 am »

Just read this in my email from CMT news.  Largest sale since Tanya Tucker sold her house!  Seems like Leiper's Fork is getting more millionaires too!!! What a thrill to drive up and see this estate when I was in TN!  Memories now......

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 07:02:55 am »

Thanks, BHR.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 09:51:15 am »

BHR  Thank you for the article.  I wish ALAN all the luck in the world.   Take  Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:41 pm »

I'm certain the most of us have several pics of some of us fans standing in front of those beautiful gates. 
One time when some of us were there, a truck drove up and went inside the gate, I begged the guy to let me ride in the back of the truck. He knew I was only kidding.

Now, we probably won't get to take anymore pics of Alan's new house. Most likely he will be living in a gated community, just guessing here, don't know that to be a fact.

Betty, have fun during FF, or whatever it's called now.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 09:13:24 pm »

Thanks Dot, I wish you were going.If i get any new  pics of Alan's house .I will email you one.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: