Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 06:30:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Review from Charleston, W.V. Show  (Read 5535 times)
leethal1

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »

Smiley OK I am not good at this but here is my review of last nights show. AWESOME!! But with Alan. Josh and Chris how could it be any other way? They all put on a fantastic show. But Alan talking about the miner's we  lost on April 5 and the rescue workers in attendance, was really a highlight of the show!  He sang a lot of the older songs, which was fine with me. He can sing anything to me, anytime.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »

thanks for the review!  Alan is awesome! 

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:18:23 pm »

Thanks for your review, Yes, Alan is always awesome.It was for a great cause also.  with Josh and Chris
 it really added to the show, I'm sure. With the rescue workers in attendance, that had to be one touching show. I love anything Alan sings also, new or the older is fine..I always love "The Blues Man" or "Where Were You", also "Drive"!
 I really love any songs, the way he puts his heart into them.
Glad you enjoyed the concert..
Thanks Again,
Jeri-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
aballowe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:44:43 pm »

I agree with you!!! We went to the Alphretta show and then the Charleston one.  They both were great.  I wonder why he is not playing Freight Train from his new CD since that is the name of the tour.  My BF and I wondered if he might play that one at the last venue of the tour. 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »

As you have probably read, Alan is playing songs from Frieight Train now.. he has played" Hard Hat And A Hammer", also
"It's Just That Way" I'm sure he will do more, when the Video comes out soon for "HHAAH"

I am so sad we haven't been able to see AJ in Concert recently, of all the ones I have wanted to see, since Alan is speaking with the Band etc.. and tallking about the Songs in Concert.. we can't even go to Music Fest at Nashville, my husband has been too ill to drive too far. Still more tests to go, but he is getting better now.

I wish Alan would come to Jax in the Fall. I miss seeing Alan and His StrayHorns and I just met him in 2009 . he was so super nice! a Dream come True for me. After admiring Alan's work for so long and not the least disappointed that he is the same person You see on stage, He makes his Fans feel comfortable. Just super nice and still humble after all his success. Alan Jackson Just is truly The R-E-A-L  D-E-A-L, that is the best part.

Thanks for the Review again..Jerrie-FL & MS <3 where the Heart is!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 03:16:25 pm »

Leethal1, thanks for the review. Indeed, Alan is awesome in more ways than one. A one classy "regular" guy.

Aballowe, I don't know if it is a general rule amongst country music artists, but, they don't usually perform songs that has not been released as a single. I don't know why that is. An exception to that "rule," however, are new artists who obviously doesn't many hits/songs out yet at the time they perform at a concert. In that case they sing covered songs (songs previously written and or recorded by another artist/s) and maybe 1 or 2 unreleased songs from their current albums to fill up the time alotted for their whole performance/show. My family and I have watched many new artists that have opened for Alan in the number of years we've been to his concert and one of those that easily comes to my mind is Joe Nichols. He sang 3 covered songs and 2 unreleased songs of which only one of those was actually released later on. With the news that has just come out about CMT premiering new music videos, of which Alan's is included, the week of the 18th this month, I kind of wonder if this music video is for HHAAH or a new single soon to be released. If it is the latter, the new single could be "Freight Train." Who knows?!?!? I think that will make for a great intro or encore song at his concerts and he can use it during his fall tour schedule.

BHR

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 08:16:44 pm »

I agree with you BHR. I also love both of your pictures of ALAN.    Leethal1  Thank you for you great review.  Take Care both of you and have a nice Sunday.     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 03:10:44 pm »

Thanks for the review.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: