Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 10:02:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosts for the CMA awards show  (Read 6812 times)
suem

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:18:54 pm »

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley will be hosting the CMA's award show again.
Wonder how many clothes changes Carrie will have?
There is a little article on GAC about their hosting.

Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »

I don't know, SUE....but have they announced the nominees??

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH F/HELPING ME!!
YOU ARE TOO PRECIOUS F/WORDS!!!

L/~Melanie

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
suem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:44 pm »

LeAnn Womack and Darius Rucker will be announcing the nominees Sept. 9th.
Chuck Wicks does the non artist nominations, like radio stations, personalities.

AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:23 pm »

I don't watch the awards as much as I used to..
I Mostly try and see Alan...
Thats all I need to see!! Right??

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 11:46:17 am »

Actually I don't get as excited when Alan isn't on but I do like Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood as Hosts.

Carrie conducts herself like a nice young Lady and I admire her for this. change clothes as often as she wants. Designers
most likely ask  her to wear their clothes..

I wish Alan's song ( Sissy's Song)could receive some kind of special award, for Inspirational on there also.  His work always has great messages.
 I feel some of the lyrics on some singers songs are not too good for our children. Alan's  always a good topic or lesson in them.
we always have  had drinking song , honk tonks & women songs but they appear as outside the norm, even if not so. Do you think Artists owe a certain amount of consideration to our youth and what they are being exposed to? the lingo or words that are deplorable, the song is just as good without those. I have heard great songs ruined by one outrageous word or line. why inject violence or hatred... there is enough in this world already and I want our young people to know that the Good outweighs the Bad. Are they getting that in music you think? they do in Alan's music
It's all about Love,Family, fun and the important things in life. That is why I like Alan's, Brad's Songs also and others..
So many good Voices out there now! but are the messages good for us to hear over & over... not so sure..

are CD's still rated, not sure myself. parents are not always aware of what their children listen to, as the result of the internet..
Just thinking about how Music has gross words in it nowdays that are sexual content.. this should not happen. Not sure most parents are aware of this even..  sorry for going off on this, but it concerns me. I am not a prude, just do not use these words in my Life.
 Give me a good ole Love Song any day..Give me an ALAN JACKSON SONG! GIVE US HOSTS THAT REPRESENT COUNTRY MUSIC IN A GOOD LIGHT> SUCH AS BRAD & CARRIE!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:51:47 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 03:48:47 am »

Carrie and Brad did a great job last year. But i wonder if Alan isn't nominated why they didn't ask him to be the host? lol.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:33:39 am »

Perhaps Alan is too big of a Star to give out awards.. besides he doesn't like public speaking he says, that much..
Alan talks so slow, it would run overtime LOL j/k I love the Guy! lol

Alan is a Star, he  should be nominated for sure..

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: