Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 11:29:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freignt Train?  (Read 4562 times)
Grandmachelle

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:16:38 pm »

Alan Jackson is my all-time favorite singer/songwriter. I saw my first "big" country concert in Fort Wayne recently, and Alan was wonderful. But I kept waiting for him to sing Freight Train and he never did. I wondered why he didn't sing the song for which his tour is named. Does anyone who is experienced in the country singing business know the reason for this?

I really appreciate this song. It's a little different than his other music, but still all AJ.

Would appreciate your insight.
BeagleMom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:28:18 pm »

It's not really went mainstream yet, and when I say that I mean it's not been a single yet.  If you have the cd you have probably heard it, but I have not yet heard it played on the radio or cmt.  He usually tries to play all of his big hits, and there are many that he just can't squeeze into the time alotted for the show.
GreatLakesKayaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:10:27 pm »

Freight Train is a favorite!  I too was hoping for it at the Fort Wayne Concert!   I love the touch of Bluegrass!  And really enjoy the instrumental solo's!   Maybe next Year!

Let's all call the local radio stations and request "Freight Train"!!!!! 

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »

So glad you enjoyed the Concert. Alan must not have done "Freight Train" much yet in Concert, if at all. It just came out to Radio in May.. I have been requesting but it's not playing that much here in Jax yet ..I love Anything that Man sings,. so
if he does I will be happy.I love the older ones too. This CD is wonderful , all songs are great! I especially love The Blues Man..
Alan is my favorite Country Music Singer/writer also.. So glad you got to see him!
Jeri-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Grandmachelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 08:59:16 pm »

Thanks for your replies about Freight Train. It makes sense, but I just hope Freight Train does make it big on the charts, as well as any other singles he releases.

I have been calling a couple of country stations about Hard Hat and a Hammer. One is playing it. The other said something about computers being in charge and if he tried to load a song that wasn't programmed, it would kick it out. Another comment about demographics, and I get the impression that young fans tend to call the stations more often, their voices are being heard, and frankly, a lot of stuff is being played that doesn't come near to what I have heard on the Freight Train album. What can we do? I am just one person in my town. Just realized I should have posted is this in another part of the forum, so I wil copy it and do so.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 05:03:52 pm »

I am just one person in my town. Just realized I should have posted is this in another part of the forum, so I wil copy it and do so.

Like you I have  been wondering why it isn't being played on some stations. My local station (my favorite) is just now starting to play it.. I have noticed that in air play, some just simply play more often than others, good or bad.. it is very noticeable to me.. I really think a lot of it is politics and they play to the young audience.. They are at school and if home
they listen to their ipods anyway.or text friends. Moms at home or my age even buy more and listen more, so if we simply do not buy our children/grandchildren music, they will listen more to Country music and get a good education on all genres of music . In the meantime, I listen always doing my work at home. It is great with so many military being here, to get rid  one's self of that energy, when husband's are away. I remember I listened constantly to Radio, so they are playing to the wrong crowd..I'm an Adult and some pop country? is played over & over..and as an Adult, I can't listen to it one more time! Young adults are not listening to radio ,but pre-set music, so they need to study who their listeners  are and Country Radio might survive..I get a kick out of working around the house," listening to radio and dancing around like a fool." Now I'm quoting a Song LOL. Yell out "Freight Train" in concert, maybe they will start playing it.Hold up signs etc.. it needs more airplay here..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:53:39 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: