Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 06:54:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet & Greet in Lexington  (Read 20724 times)
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 05:04:53 pm »

[quote wabbit you have second row][/quote]
Yes,it was the seats #'s I didn't understand for sure.
wabbit, you have second row, man is she in for a surprise!!.. ha! congrats!
Nope,no surprise there. I understood the 2nd row part and have been there before.
I read this as 3 seats,24,25 and 26.
 The surprise was I only purchased 2!

Gotthere and everthing was O.K.,still only had 2 seats.
 I was just hoping there was no mix up and I would end up out in the parking lot.LoL

Guessing Cindy had lots of work and numbers to input and just had a typo.
 Thanks Cindy!
Saw you last night oming down the stairs and headed toward the back before Alan's set.
 Hollared at ya but guess you were to far away by the time I got that way.

Ran into Betty last night!
And Miss Gracie.

The show was GREAT!
Alan played,and sang,and talked,and threw pics and autographed...

Wish the "yakkers" that were near me would have hushed more during the "stool session".

I ended up taking my brother instead of my s-i-l
It was his 1st AJ show.
He wasn't a big time AJ fan before the show.
I know! Can you believe that?!
He is now!!

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 05:52:39 pm »

Wabbit - glad you had fun in your 2nd row seats.  Glad to hear we have another Alan convert!! LOL
Don't you just hate 'yakkers' - they are so disrespectful.  I used to 'shush' people (especially during 'Remember When'), but now I just try to block out everyone & concentrate on Alan.  The 'yakkers' are always going to be there, so I try to make the best of it. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BeagleMom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 07:38:45 pm »

During Alan's "Good Time" they had a girl who did the line dance like in the video up on the stage right next to Alan!  Does anyone know how she was chosen or if it was some kind of contest? I do the dance everytime I hear that song! lol
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 10:17:17 pm »

Alan said she was Jenny Cain?
Think that was the name.
The choreographer of the dance.

The "yakkers" were also the "drinkers".
They just kept going in and out.
And there were about 3 of them each time.
And they talk about women going in groups. LoL
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 12:31:00 pm »

Amy1961,
Did I miss it...or did you Not return with 'the story' of meeting
Alan?!   Hope you are just workin' away on putting things
down for yourself..and you will come back and share it with us.
Amy1961

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »

Sorry everybody that I haven't written about my amazing experience.  It has taken me a week to recover.  Danny (my husband) and I left Montgomery Saturday morning around 8:00.  We stopped in Nashville and had lunch at Demos' and then walked around and took pictures.  We arrived in Lexington around 5:00.  We had reservations at the Hyatt which is right next to Rupp Arena where the concert was.  All along the way, I kept thinking something was going to happen to stop me from meeting Alan.  It couldn't be this easy.  The room was very nice and in a great area with places to eat within walking distance.  We had supper then retired for the evening.  Sunday was a beautiful day, so we decided to spend it out sightseeing.  We rode around looking at a few of the horse farms (which is just about all that's in Lexington) and then went to The Kentucky Horse Park.  My sister loves horses so I wanted to get some pics of the "Man O War" statue.  The park is huge and had alot of activity.  We ended up staying there most of the day and doing alot of walking.  By 3:00 I was worn out, dirty and a little sunburned.  I panicked when I realized that I was meeting Alan in just a few hours.  We hightailed it back to the hotel room so that I could rest and cool off.  The closer it got to time I got very nervous.  Plus, I kept thinking it was too easy.  There had to be a snag that was going to stop me from meeting Alan.  At 6:00 we headed down to the Arena to the Will Call window.  I gave them my name and ID and they handed me my meet and greet pass.  Holy Cow!  It was going to happen. We found our seats, which were on the 5th row dead center.  While we were sitting there, I met another lady who had a meet and greet pass.  Her name was Shirley and she and her friend had seats behind us.  They were so sweet and were both in the Good Time video that was filmed in Nashville.  Our instructions were to report to Section 15 at 8:25.  It was so hard to concentrate on Chris Young and Josh Turner.  But finally 8:25 got there.  I was so nervous!  Shirley and I made it to the area where we were suppose to go and once everyone was there (about 12 of us) we were led out the back of Rupp Arena to the parking lot where the buses were parked.  There sat the tent where we were to meet Alan!  My legs were like jelly.  I was so afraid that I was going to make a fool of myself.  We lined up and each one of us had our turn.  I remember standing next to the photographer waiting and thinking "I can't do this".  Then I realized it was my turn and Alan motioned to me and said "Come on over here and get your picture taken".  I shook his hand and told him my name was Amy and he said "Nice to meet you".  We had our picture taken and I turned to walk away and stopped and turned and shook his hand again and told him how much I enjoy his music and he said "Well thank you ma'am".  OMG! he called me ma'am.  At first I was a little hurt (because I'm 3 years younger than him) then I realized that was his way of being polite.  And anyway, he could have called me anything!  I had just met Alan Jackson.  I made it back to my seat still reeling from my experience and got ready for one of the best concerts I've seen.  And I've been to about a dozen of them.  It was a fantastic night and one that I will never forget.  I have the picture on my cell phone so I can look at it whenever I think that it was a dream.  Sorry I've rambled so, but I just wanted everyone to know what a great time I had.  Thanks to Cindy for the Meet and Greet and Shirley if you are reading this, I really enjoyed meeting you.  Yee Haw!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 07:25:27 pm »

AMY,

Great review! I am so glad for your meeting Alan, isn't he super nice!! You really had a huge plan of things to do plus meeting Alan. I know you will forever remember this night..I still relive mine over & over. Yes Amy , I'm sure Alan called you "Ma'am " out of respect. Reading your review, I got the feeling I was along with you, I wish ha! Thta was a wonderful night for you and your review really described your experience.. Did Alan sing any of his New songs from "Freight Train" ? or do you remember ha!I was in a sort of shock feeling , meeting Alan that I had admired his work for so long.
Love that you got great seats too.Sounds like a great concert. You were a bit like me, I enjoyed the Meet and Greet so much, I forgot what songs he did at the Concert lol.. I do remember he did "Like Red On A Rose", do you remember any? and did he talk with his band like others experienced or did I overlook this..if so sorry , but it's storming here.
Congrats and so happy for You! Don't forget to get your photo in the best resolution to save..They will put more Meet and Greets on here I'm sure when they have time.. Great Seats!!! You got !

God bless and Congrats, Jerrie-MS & FL

AMY the signed photo of Alan he gave me that night had where you can look at your Photo now.. a website.
Check it out if you haven't. You  were so lucky to hear two new songs! Great!!!!! he hasn't done this before, I haven't read it. Not to worry about acting goofy, I think I must have blanked out almost but finally told him, "we drove all the way from FL to see you " ha! he smiled and I continued to rattle on and stood with my back to the photographer, finally remembered to turn around and have my photo made with Alan.. I edited this to tell you , in case you didn't know you can see your photo soon. That sounds great all they did , send your photo and review into Cindy if you like now! Congrats again!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:57:22 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Amy1961

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 07:34:42 pm »

Jerrie, sorry I didn't even mention anything about the songs.  You see how goofy I was.  He sang Hard Hat and a Hammer, and Its Just That Way from his new album.  I loved when he and the band sat on stools and sang some of his old stuff, especially Chasin That Neon Rainbow.  That was the song that hooked me, and when I saw the radio that he sang about in the Country Music Hall of Fame a few months ago, I cried.  I'm hoping they will post my meet and greet pic soon.  Its really good considering I'm grinning like an idiot. LOL  Anyway, thanks for commenting on my post.     
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 09:28:51 pm »

Thanks for sharing about your trip to Alan's concert and meeting him.  It will be an evening you will remember for a long time!!  Thanks for sharing your details - it  was like meeting him all over again for me.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 04:37:18 pm »

Amy, it will be an experience you will long remember.  Be sure to get the picture and have it signed.  That will be a treasure for the rest of your lift.  Leslie
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 09:47:24 am »

Sounds like you had a "GOOD TIME" and that is what it's all about! The way you wrote up your review told me you are a true Alan Jackson/Strayhorns fan!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 02:46:07 pm »

Great review Amy. Congrats on the M & G.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 04:21:40 pm »

Amy, it is Always good to read about another fan club member's experiences
at Alan's concerts, but Especially when they recall their m&g ops with us! ; )
Thanks so much for sharing how the day progressed and all.  You had me
wondering there for a bit if it was going to go off without a hitch!  I'm sure
you were going to Be Sure it didn't have any glitches. ha
Hope you find your m&g pic on that website...on the signed photo they
gave ya.  LOL

Thanks again for sharing the memories with us. You Know we Appreciate
hearing about Alan's showing his manners and everything.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

Amy thank you for that real great review and story.  I felt like I was right there too.  Take Care     nelle

I hope everyone else that went had a great time too. I am sure they did.    Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
kaebug

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »

You are sooooo lucky! I have tickets to alan's show in watertown, ny, but I see that there is no chance at a meet and greet listed for that show. I have emailed the fan club several times as to why there isn't one but I have yet to get a reply. The website says there is a chance to meet him at every concert so I am a bit confused. I would LOVE a chance to meet alan, too!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: