Alan Jackson
May 17, 2024, 10:51:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: It was more much more than you expect  (Read 13131 times)
PERL

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:52:11 am »

Smiley Smiley :)Last night at the Verizon Arena in Manchester, NH, was so much more than I expected.  I would go and will go to another AJ concert as soon as possible . AJ talks to his audience and tells you how his songs came to be.  Of course our seats could not have been better. Alan Jackson is someone you would love to have for a neighbor. Then add Josh Turner.  Definitely got your money's worth.  I have hundreds of photo's too. I hope AJ will come back to NH again.  We have beautiful lakes to launch his boat in the summer when it is too hot in Nashville.
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:59:00 am »

Glad you enjoyed it!  Seems to be the consensus lately.  If anyone is questioning whether to see a concert or not, the decision should be to go.  It is definitely worth it.  Leslie
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:02:36 am »

Thanks for the review, Perl.  Alan always leaves you wanting more!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
PERL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:15:38 am »

If I wasn't so tired, we got home after midnight, I would drive to Connecticut tonight and go to the concert again.

I need to figure out how to post some photos too. 

I would say the only disturbing thing at the event is the lack of consideration by those in the front row standing and waving their arms over their head, non stop,  to the complete disregard of anyone and 4 young folks who stood up the entire time and the older lady behind them was about 5 feet tall.    I don't mind the dancing and the standing but there were some other people in the arena , Roll Eyes believe it or not, right behind them.  It was only a couple of girls that were inconsiderate but if they are standing right in front of you.......well you get it. 

Of course I would go again , immediately.  I love AJ more than ever.
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:20:00 am »

He seems to do that to us, kind of addictive.  Leslie
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 09:58:29 am »

Perl Thank you for the great reveiw and I am glad you enjoyed it so much.   Takr Care    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Bangersisters

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:15 pm »

Thanks for the great review Perl. AJ is pretty awesome, I seen him about 5 years ago so going tomorrow night is like my first time, it's been so long. My friend has never seen him. She will love it. Can't wait. One more day...

Can I ask you a question, do they sell smaller things at the venue like bandanas and such? Thanks for your input.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 02:50:52 pm »

Thanks for the review Perl.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
PERL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 03:36:29 pm »

:)To answer the question about what was sold.  I bought the AJ's new cd.  There were T shirts and photos.  I did not see anything like that but that does not mean it was not there. I wish I was going with you again. 
hayesnh5

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 08:40:39 pm »

My wife and I saw him  in Gilford at Meadowbrook last yr, but 4th row this yr and he was even better. It was great that he did some or most of his greatest hits. I hope he comes back to NH soon, I will try to see him again.

Also there are people who need to sit, we had 2 couples in front of us ( and not young kids, but acted like it) and didnt sit during the whole time.

Alan is the greatest!!!!!
January

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 07:17:44 pm »

Bucket list item - back to back and maybe another back Alan Jackson -  I know how all of you feel - Ft Wayne was awesome - he is so relaxed and happy this year AND more handsome as the days go by........longer show - pretty man - I have been lucky to see him twice each year for the last few years - pushing my luck in 2010 but crossing my fingers....oh Alan Jackson you are the cat's meow!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
PERL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:03 am »

I would like to respond to the person from NH (not me) about the standing without regard to those sitting behind you.

When we saw CHER at the Verizon Center row 12 the entire audience seemed to be standing the entire time. 

We were in row2 center , Thursday night, so that means everyone was standing in front of us in the area called row1.  It is not so bad the standing as the constant waving the hands in the air distracting those behind them.  On top of that 4 young folks with cowboy hats were standing beside my husband totally blocking his view and I am sure the people behind them.   We had no choice but to stand unless we wanted to look at the WIGGLES. 

The show was great and I accepted the distraction after awhile.  There is nothing to do about the arena construction as it is used for multiple events.  I have been to the Mohegan and the seating is much better. 

If Alan would like to come to the Rochester Music Theater  or the Portsmouth Theater he would be most welcome.  Smaller venue but great acoustics.

All I can say is I would do it all over again tomorrow.
January

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 10:38:49 am »

Sorry but I am a standee - I like to move with the music and let the performers know they are reaching me - I sit watching movies but I like to interact at concerts -  I do my best to get good seats where the others are standing so people aren't yelling at me and  the times - (Windsor) where people just sit I feel out of place and bored silly.  I want Alan and Toby and Trace and Blake and Gary (Allan not LeVox) and Miranda and Lee Ann and Reba and Eddie and T-Roy and.... to know I appreciate what they do and am getting my money's worth.  I think the floor section should be standing only - bUT I am very aware that not everyone shares my opinion.  I am glad you had a good time - Alan is always good but I think this Freight Train tour is the best he has been in a long time  - he seems like he is really enjoying himself this time.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 11:33:06 am »

Perl, thanks for the great review.  Alan always gives us our money's worth but this year he seems to be really his tour.  Even though it's exhausting, I love those back to back concerts, especially when it's four in a row.  Looking forward to seeing pictures.  What shirt did Alan wear?

I am also one of those people that stands during most of the show, can't sit when Alan is singing, except during some of the slower songs, have to move with the music.  I know for a fact that performers love it when the audience is having a GOOD TIME and if they just sit, it seems they are not "into" the show.  I have been at venues where security would not allow you to stand, and the performers do not realize it is security, not the crowd.  At one AJ concert a couple years ago security was very strict when anyone stood up (and this was an outside festival venue) and Alan actually said something about the crowd not standing up or dancing.  After he said that, everyone stood up, and security just shook their heads. I do feel for people that have a larger person, or someone with a cowboy hat on in front of them, and have been behind both, but I also take it in stride, knowing it's just part of being on the floor.  I have also heard security tell someone that was complaining about people standing in front of them that the people standing "owned" that seat for that concert by purchasing a ticket and could stand if they wanted.  The young people put in the front row are put there because of the "energy" they have and performers know if the front row is energetic and stand, the second row will stand, then the third row, and so on.  I think if someone expects to sit during a concert they should buy seats on the side risers, not on the floor. 

Livin' On Love in California
dvitale

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 01:17:06 pm »

Music is for dancing you cant expect people to sit thru a concert!  Performers always say "get up on your feet", they want people to get up and dance its why they make music...to move people!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: