Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 11:43:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan at Grand Ole Opry  (Read 9358 times)
IndianaNative

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:11:06 am »

I received an e-mail message from the Grand Ole Opry giving an update on the locations of upcoming shows due to the recent flooding.  The message listed several artists scheduled to appear on upcoming shows and Alan's name was listed.  Does anyone know if and when Alan is scheduled to appear at the Grand Ole Opry?
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:35:11 am »

Alan will be at the Opry Sat. night 5/8/10.  The show will be at the Ryman.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:19:37 pm »

I can't find what times the individual singers are playing
tonite or tomorow nite.
I'm wondering what time Alan will be on stage Sat. nite???
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:17:22 pm »

Mar, I posted it on the "Alan on the Opry" thread at the "Alan Music Discussion" section and I see you have just posted there too. Alan will be in the 8:45 - 9:15 portion of the show.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 01:33:02 am »

Thanks for Posting!

I would be there in a NY minute to see Alan in Nashville and help with donations too, but due to hubby being ill, we can't travel at this time. WE can't even visit our children there to help out with their home. Things are looking up for my Son and family as things are getting dry and people bringing food and helping out! baby sitting Babies etc..Such wonderful people helping one another!

I'm so sorry to have to miss this Alan Jackson Show but can't possibly travel now.Love The Ryman!
I simply love this new Album and can't wait to hear Songs from it.

Thanks so much to Alan for taking his Time on Tour, to do this for The Opry! It's a huge part of Our History!
I'm sure lots of  people will be out but some will still be working on homes etc..
Thanks Alan for your Support of the OPRY!

Sorry I will miss it.
God Bless, Jerrie-MS& FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Cookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 01:39:25 pm »

I will be there! Anyone else?

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls
suem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:02:13 pm »

Listened to the opry last night.....Alan sounded wonderful, did a lot of sharing about the songs with the audience just like his sit down session in his concerts this tour.
Loved the comment at the end by one of the performers.....he said this is the only time he and Alan are paid the same.

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 10:06:10 pm »

I thought that  was cute when  M>C> Snyder said what he did about
                      the only time he and Alan would make the same pay as he did..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 12:43:44 pm »

I was listening thru my husband's computer and loving it.
I also did a play by play on my facebook wall.  LOL

Mike Snider is always coming up with comments like that one.
It was true and that added to the humor of it. Wink

It was like a mini-concert by Alan...  Cookie, I don't know you
(I don't thinnnk) but I probably Heard you,,, right?!
I love to visualize the crowd at the Opry when they go crazeeeeeeee.

Did anyone go up to the stage at the Ryman like they do at the Opry
House?  I sort of doubt it..but was curious.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »

Darned I just missed him by 1 day. We stopped in Nashville yesterday, on our way home to Indy, from New Orleans. Just my luck. That article made it sound like he would be there tomorrow but I don't see him listed on the schedule.

It was so sad going through Nashville, seeing people's household items all piled up on the curb. There was mud everywhere and you could see how high the water got in some spots. Downtown, in front of Tootsies, the streets are wide open, while they are replacing damaged pipes underground. 

The community, and tourists are definitely keeping the town going...not letting it get them down.

Brenda

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:40 pm »

yES, We always go up to the stage at the Ryman
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »

BHR  I wish I could go, but I have to tell you what a great picture you have of ALAN.  It is just the best. Take Care  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 08:10:24 am »

BHR  I wish I could go, but I have to tell you what a great picture you have of ALAN.  It is just the best. Take Care  nelle

Wish you could see Alan also Nelle.. You wont believe this but Alan looks much better in person than any photo I have seen
It is a good photo , however.. His skin looks so great and hands.. He looks like a Star to me..what makes him so great is his
being so super nice!His Nature to be..He didn't look tired the night I saw him , perhaps this is why he looked so great. but he was dressed so nice and I enjoyed meeting my favorite Country Singer to the Max.. I have loved his work for so long.
Roger the Strayhorn looks younger in person and such a wonderful smile, I saw him also..His hair was short then, perhaps
he let it grow to get that Albert  Schweitzer  ;ppls for NY! perfect for NY! ha!
 Monty is super nice too! So nice to shake hands with him..I love his CD..."Soldier Coming Home" was nice to listen to, since my nephew just returned from Afghanistan, after having been gone for One year.He has a family & 3 boys so cute.
Take care Nelle, Jerrie-FL & MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: