Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 08:44:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nashville on CNN tonight  (Read 2892 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:29:04 pm »

FRom All About Country:

Nashville Is National News Topic
CNN's Anderson Cooper Broadcasts LIVE From Music City Tonight
Nashville has taken center-stage in the national news this week following the devastating floods in Middle Tennessee where an estimated 20 people how died.

Tonight, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 will broadcast live from Music City with first-hand coverage of the damage and destruction.

Rumor has it that he will be talking with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, among other country stars. Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen says, "A lot of people who didn't have flood insurance, because they never thought flood waters would ever come anywhere near their home, are really looking at a total loss of their home. It's very tough on a lot of people right now."

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:34:47 pm »

Harriet,

Thanks for Posting this. This is the view now but the scary time was when the rushing waters were fast rising . My son and family are alive but it's so stressful for them to smell the mold & mildew smell and take carpet out etc..At least they are alive but it will take months..I would be there helping but my asthma prevents it.I feel so bad that we can't go there
and help our children. My husband is still having tests, more today. Also I can't be where there is odor of mildew w/Asthma
but it really makes one feel bad to not be able to help. They are stressed to the max. I know it seems selfish to some when lives have been lost, but the living are going through very difficult times. Sure Kenny can replace things, but not everyone has the money to replace a whole home inside and taking care of babies in this mess too. I still feel sorry for the Living, it's been so tiring and awful for those having to take furniture out and put it back to get rid of wetness.Now I love Kenny and I'm glad he called Anderson Cooper to ask why they had not covered it and CNN was excellent to help. It's not things my family is concerned about, it's being totally stressed out and still having to see no end in sight at the moment..
They are tired and still have perhaps weeks ahead of them of this. Sorry for seeming selfish for my family but they have been wonderful helping others and others helping them out also. It's the Babies I have been the most concerned about.
I wake up thinking about them everyday and go to bed thinking of them. Keep praying for All concerned and this too shall pass.
Thanks & Prayers for all , Jerrie

PS-Just as they reported. My son's neighbors and  from their Church has brought over food and helped w/Babies also.. Everyone has been wonderful. It will take a long time to dry out and get re-done for them, is the difficult part. expense
too w/Twins and she can't work now. I told them to let us know of a Hotel open and we will reserve  a room for them to stay and get away for some needed rest. Mother's Day would be nice or before.

Thanks AJ Fans, YOU are The BEST!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:35:15 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: