Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 06:27:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan @ Evansville  (Read 9146 times)
BETTY

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:41:48 pm »

Just got back from concert in Evansville .Alan and his band was AWESOME always.Dot where are you ? Gracie and I had good seats .We could go up to stage any time we wanted to.Thanks Cindy for the AWESOME seats again .
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:06:00 pm »

Hey Betty, just now getting on here. I'm worn out, Linda and I didn't get in bed until after 1:00 a.m. this morning.  We shopped in Evansville for awhile today, then when we left it poured down rain on us all the way home.

Now to the awesome concert, I didn't think A. J. could get any better but honestly this was the best.  I love the way he had some of the band members to sit beside him on the stools and sing some of the songs and sings a version of several songs.  Monty came out after the concert and gave me the song list, he is such a wonderful person, so friendly to everyone.

Linda and I had seats in fourth row next to Carla and her husband. (Thanks Cindy for the good seats.)  The only thing wrong with this concert was; we were sitting next to a middle aisle. This BIG security guard parked himself right by the third row.  Carla, Debbie from AR and (another lady I didn't know) were going up to get autographs. Of course I, would try most anything to get to the stage. I was the first one to start out, he wasn't nice at all, he yelled, Hey Lady, you don't go behind me at all, told him I wanted to take a pic, he told me to take a pic and sit down. He could have been nicer, after all I'm not hard of hearing.  Anyway thanks to Betty who was in third row and next to the outside aisle motioned for me to come where she was, I had no problem at all getting to the stage. The security guards on her side were much nicer.
A. J. autographed a pic I took of him last year when Rhonda (my daughter) and I went to his concert in Santa Ynez, CA.
Rhonda,  made a sign for me to take, Having A GOOD TIME from KENTUCKY. When Alan came down the stage on our side I was holding it up, he saw it and pitched me a pic. I won't go into the details about the girl in front of me saying a few choice words because I got the pic. Rhonda also, made me some GOOD TIME signs to take.  Linda, Carla, her hubby, and the woman and man sitting next to them and I held them up when A. J. started singing Good Time.  Terry and Sharon missed you not being there to help us with them.  I think Alan likes those signs when he is singing Good Time, he always looks for them and most of the time points at them.
I'm not certain how long the concet was but if I'm correct I think Alan sang for at least an hour and 45 minutes or maybe longer. He had on a black shirt with white strips and of course the usual decorations on each side at the top.
This is about it for me, guess it time to quit since our weather radio is going off, with thunder storms warnings.

"Gone Country"  From KY
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:09:10 pm »

Dot thanks for a great review!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:36:33 pm »

Thanks Dot for the review.I 'm tired too ,Been to Champaign and to Evansville .I love way the concert is .Alan and the band sitting down .Nice to see you again Dot.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:58:47 am »

Thanks Dot. Great review.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Piper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:25 pm »

Dot-
Thanks for the wonderful review!  I know that you had a "Good Time"!
Piper
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 12:30:40 pm »

Dot, Thanks for having the GOOD TIME signs there...
Thanks also for the review of how things were at the Evansville concert.
We saw him there 10/9/99 and loved it!!
I was hoping one of my nieces from that area would have been able to make
it but I think her husband's job at night might have been a prob for them.
Nice that Monty is passing out the songlists!
We were impressed at how long Alan sat with the band to perform...and how
Many songs they did while there, too.  I know it had to be over 12 at the
Champaign show.

Now, I'm concerned about his property in TN being flooded Maybe on the edges
due to the River's rising and nearing flood level.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »

Betty and Dot,
Thanks so much for the reviews.. Betty I know how tired one gets at a concert.. rest up now..

Dot sounds like the Concert went wonderful. so good you could get the Terry Signs up, I'm sure Alan appreciates them so much. I love seeing the "GOOD TIME" signs, You know Alan has to.
Gotta run Hubby is HOME.. ha
Thanks, Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 03:33:42 pm »

Marilyn, as they say "It's A Small World" I was at the concert in Evansville on 10/9/99 too.
Jerri, I didn't have Terry's, Good Time signs, since she wasn't going to be there, my daughter made some for me.
By the way I asked Monty for the song list.

"Gone Country"  From KY
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 06:52:53 pm »

Dot,

Great review !! You are right, Alan's shows just keep getting better !!! And I thought he looked so handsome in that black shirt !!! He really looked nice !!!  Sorry to hear you caught all that rain !!! We got lucky and drove home Saturday and it didn't rain at all !!! It sure rained after the concert !!!  Glad you made it home safe !!!  Hope we run into each other again at another AJ concert !!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47:02 pm »

Dot, thanks for the great review.  I loved the way Alan has the band come and sit down too.  So nice to be missed also!  Sounds like you had a "Good Time" as only Alan can give you!!!! LOL!  Glad you got the song list from Monty.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 09:44:00 pm »

Dot and Betty, thanks for the fantastic reviews.  Wish I hadn't had to cancel coming to these past weekends shows, but can't pass up the money for this job. 

Sounds like y'all had a really GOOD TIME. 

Livin' On Love in California
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »

I just returned home tonight to California after attending the Friday concert in Evansville with my brother and sister.  I really liked the new segment of the concert where Alan and a few members of his band sit and play songs.  I especially liked the stories that Alan told behind each of the songs.  And I wasn't disappointed when Alan once again sang "Blues Man" which I think is my favorite song that Alan sings that he didn't write himself.  Overall, an absolutely fantastic concert!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: