Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 12:22:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan i n Champaign  (Read 26346 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 02:21:07 pm »

Marilyn,

Thanks for remembering the Song LOL. I could not ...Enjoyed your extra things you added and reading the other reviews too, Thanks,sahay1962, Jackie and fins91...so nice! Marilyn you added so much more I had wanted to know.. Thanks!
Thanks for explaining about the Venue and where you had your Photo made..That sounds nice..
Marilyn, Lovely photo girl and you looked so happy, so did Alan.. Thanks for showing it.. My background was shinny and my face & hair wet, so I was all teeth and wet looking LOL Alan smiled though lol I looked like a wet blonde puppy LOL
Thanks for all the EXTRA's Girls..I can't wait to see Alan! I want to hear WWY , also The Bluesman & a new one! Mostly his Voice lol The new approach sounds great, can't wait to view the Band and Alan from near stage, seated Yo!
Alan if you are Reading this, PLEASE COME TO  JAX , Hollywood , FL or Melbourne, OR NASHVILLE GOO OR RYMAN
ANYWHERE WE CAN DRIVE FROM FL, LATER IN YOUR TOUR. My hubby is ill right now..to drive that far.
Thank all  of you  for the reviews! so nice to read about your experiences. Glad you enjoyed Alan and the rest too!
Feel lucky for seeing Alan, I hope to this fall or later in Alan's Tour..I am Loving" Freight Train" on radio more & more!

God Bless, Jeri-FL

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:53:30 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 04:10:20 pm »

Jeri, I am glad to do my part to keep this topic alive...at least until
we start hearing from those other fans who saw this show in Evansville
and Rosemont, etc.  ha  I appreciate your helping us get the word out here
that the tour has started and is so worth the time and funds to see it somewhere!

I just wrote this to share on Chris's board as no one had started a topic
on there.  He So Deserves a Topic!!

This was really such a great event to attend...was for me... For Sure.

We met Chris in his fan club m&g first thing...and they let
us go first because we had another m&g just about at
the same time. That was sooo nice of Chris's rd mgr to
allow us that op -- and to hold onto the photo and note I left
with them for Chris to read later.

Chris is one that should be headlining and I can hardly wait
for that day to arrive (but know he is so fortunate to be
touring with D'man... Alan Jackson right now)!
Chris singing 6 songs is like starting an ice cream cone and
stopping after 2 nibbles or licks! I sincerely was so sad to
see him exit after his set.

He was in direct line of my sight as he exited the stage and I could read
his body language as he almost skipped off.
It read: 'That was Great Fun...but I'm not wanting to vacate the stage Yet.'
It did seem like he was just getting started.  Well, he wound up Alan's fans, too.

I know that had to feel stifling to his spirit but we boosted it as best we could
as we kept him moving with our reactions to each song.
Loved his set...just loved it so much!

It was very hard to get good pics, though, as the bright white lighting is
bad any time, but he wore a white shirt or close to it...with a slight lined
grid like pattern I believe. It just washed every bit of color out of the pics.

I hope someone comes in and shares some pics here soon.

One cute thing I happened to see was during a line of his "Gettin' You Home"
song. I still see it in my mind: Chris was at the front of center stage and
when the lyrics mentioned about his having certain plans for the evening...
he took his finger and moved his hat down onto the tip of his nose so his
eyes were fully obscured... like to complete that thought. It was so fast
that there was no way to capture it...but I have that in my mind still. ha
Wish I had known it was coming,,, I sure would have tried to get it to
share! It was so wonderful of him to add that special touch I thought.
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »

Marilyn,

You did a great review on the concert !!!  What a great picture !!!  I was really impressed with the whole show !!!  I did miss Chris Young since we had the meet n greet with Josh.  We had to be at the room at 7:15 so we missed his whole show but we did catch it the next night in Evansville !!! He was very good !!! He had a smile on his face all night !!!  We did meet Josh Turner and he was just so cute !!!  I had no idea he was so tall !!!  Very nice guy and he did a very good show !!! He seemed to really LOVE what he does !!!  He was all over the stage touching everyones hands and having a good time !! He was excellent !!!  Alan was the BEST !!!  He looked so good !!! He sang about all his hit songs and some older ones !!! I loved it when he sat down and talked before each song and told the story behind the song !!! I just loved him talking more!!!  He seems to have fun with the audience and was enjoying preforming!!!  I loved the new stage setup. It was hard to watch the screens, I couldn't take my eyes off Alan all night !!!  We were in the 3rd row. They let everyone up to the front that was in the first 2 rows.  I was standing up at one point and Alan walked down to us and looked at me and flicked a pic at me and it landed right in my hand !!!  That was the highlight of my evening.  There were 3 of us that wanted to go up to the front for an autograph and we jumped the chairs and the security made us all go back.  We thought the first 3 rows could go up but the guy said NO, just the first 2 rows !!! We had 4th row seats to the next nights show in Evansville so we knew we wouldn't get up front there either.  We did have good seats in Evansville.  We even got to sit next to Dot !!! What a nice lady !!  She took the Good Time letters so we could hold them up !!!  Alan just smiled and flipped a pic our way after the song !!! Alan was good both nights !!!  Thanks Cindy for the good seats !!! We really appreciate them !!!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 11:02:16 pm »

Carla, I wish I got alerts when people post on threads I'm watching
but I had to login to check things out again instead of knowing ahead
of time.

Thanks for letting us hear from you. I'm so sorry you missed Chris in IL
but glad you saw and Enjoyed his IN show!!!  I love that kid!
He is so gifted both as a singer and songwriter.

That sec. guard had misinformation!  It was 3 rows..that's what I was
told by one of them. I don't think they have meetings beforehand...truly.

Yes, Josh is wonderful to meet and see as well.  These three are some
of my fav singers so I was in heaven in the IL show... Wink

Have to go right now... Hope you are home and having a Good Time
sleeping in your own bed. Great to hear the GOOD TIME signs were there
as he really did seem to look for them in IL I thought.  Congrats on the
guitar pick Catch!!! Wow!!!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 09:57:50 am »

Marilyn, thanks for sharing your wonderful night at the concert. Great review;

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 12:26:04 pm »

Thank you, JeanB!  I love seeing you posting on here.
I should have started the review with: turn on AJ music as you read, huh?
I am terrible about listing songs... I meant to write the titles down as he
performed them...but then didn't want to take my eyes off of him to do it
once we saw him appear.  He is so wonderful in concert..and in person...
woooohooooo

P.S. Have to share this...forgot about it happening at the Champaign event
We had to pick up m&g passes for Chris and VIP ones for Josh and my pass for
m&g with Alan..plus my friend had bought our concert tix thru here.
We get it all in our hot little hands ..after confusion,,,confusion. We had to have
been at that window for 5 mins or more.
So, we put on our Chris Young m&g passes and the winds are gusting btween
30 and 45 mph...   I have my ticket to enter the venue and right before the line
starts to move, I can't find my ticket!  Seriously... it is nowhere it could possibly
be!   I end up telling my friend to go on in and I'll go see what they can do for me.
I never looked at my ticket to see which of the 2 seats I had ... so when I go in,
the girl who gave us all those passes and the tix..acted like she had never seen
me before and she had to deal with both of us before not just my friend.
She just stayed away from the window a few feet and acted like there was nothing
she could do for me...  A supervisor woman came up and she told me about 3 times
that she could not print out a ticket without knowing which one my friend was using!
I could tell her everything but which of the two seats were involved.  Finally, something
clicked in her head and she Did make a way to make it happen after I was panicking
and touching my m&g pass for Chris and saying That's where my friend was...she didn't
bring her cell phone so there was no way to contact her.     They did print out a ticket
and I barely made it to the m&g for Chris in time.   I didn't want to read the ticket
when I had it in my hand the first time because we had so much confusion going on
as it was with having so many m&g situations and the show starting at 7 pm instead
of 7:30 or 8.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:58:22 pm by mar4aej » Logged
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:24 pm »

Carla,

Thanks for the review of your special night! sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Concert. That was neat about Alan giving you a pick.. Isn't it amazing how much we love ANYTHING that man gives us! He sings so wonderful and I can't wait to go and see his new way of talking w/the Band on stools, more intimate that way..

The way I got a pick was from row 2 , I had taken my teen grand daughter who is beautiful ( prejudiced maybe on my part)  but it ain't bragging if it's true LOL. Anyway, Alan threw a Pick right exactly our way. I missed it but My GD found it by our seat. When she got it, she said "Grand ma ma, since you are such a big Alan Fan, I want you to have this." she gave it to me. I told her I would put it in my jewelry box and she could look at it any time and have it in my will later LOL. It is still there. She was so sweet to do that..She reminds me of Alan's teens being so sweet and polite.a special moment.
It was her first Concert, she isn't allowed to go where bad lingo is used..so I told her Mom Alan's would be fine. It was!!

Back to Da Man, sounds like you enjoyed it and got to meet Fans too. That is always special..
Too bad they would not let you go down to make photos.. Maybe it's because I'm older but the guards let me go anywhere
I don't look dangerous maybe as I always sit by my husband..glued to him LOL I would have tried again, had I been you, sometimes you can get a guard that lets you get up there. If you don't look dangerous..I have seen your photo and you are quite cute, so that could be why Alan remembered you & threw the Pick to you LOL The "Rocker Lady " in Nashville ha!

Thanks for the descriptive Review, loved every moment of it..
Thanks Carla!!! Jerrie-FL & MS

Isn't THE man wonderful and I can't wait to see Alan in the Fall Tour, if possible.. I love the idea of talking more and sitting on stools w/The Wonderful StrayHorns! Monty is so sweet & cute and Mark McClurg is so Handsome!! The others too, Love "Roger" and got to say Hello to him at my M & G ! in MS, he is so nice up close..Such a  nice smile..ALL of them are wonderful! Thye play nice too and Monty and Mark sing great w/Alan the BEST Singer/Songwriter on God's Green Earth!

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 03:51:50 pm »

Marilyn, must have been your lucky night in Champaign, meeting A. J and Josh. 
Carla, glad you got to meet Josh. You were lucky too, maybe next time you will have a m/g with A. J. 
But if you and I don't ever get one, we were lucky to get our pic made with him and say a few words at the CB in Mt. Juliet. Then the next week for me in downtown Nashville at the made-up CB.
I'm always happy for anyone who gets a M/G.
Thank gals for the great review.

"Gone Country"  From KY
fins91

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 05:19:14 pm »

I was at the Rosemont show last night and thought I'd comment on mar4aej 's  post about Chris Young.  I honestly did not know much about Chris before attending the show.  But, I can honestly say that after watching him perform last night, he definitely has a new fan! (Actually picked up his music today!)  I truly enjoyed everything about him, he has a beautiful smile and just seemed to be having so much fun up there.  I was walking back around after my Meet & Greet with Alan and Chris was signing autographs in the hall.  I pulled out my camera to see if I could just get a quick picture as I walked by and Chris actually stopped signing and took a second to give me the peace sign and smile! 

I am so appreciative of winning the Alan M & G.  It was awesome meeting AJ's road manager, getting outside close to the bus, watching the others with Alan, I was in 7th Heaven!  When it was finally my turn, I couldn't get up to Alan fast enough.  Of course, he looked fantastic, got a hand shake, picture and then I just had to ask him if I could shake his hand again!  Alan laughed, said SURE!, shook my hand again and probably thought I was a crazy woman!!  The show was fabulous as usual.  We had 2nd row seats, close to center and I enjoyed every single minute of it!  I too enjoyed the segment where Alan sat & told stories before the songs.  Went to the stage toward the end of the show, was also very lucky to shake Alan's hand AGAIN! and get a pick too!!  The night couldn't have been more perfect!  A big thank you to Cindy, Alan, and the fan club for the M & G and great seats!
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 06:43:38 pm »

fins91,

Great review !!! I was saw Chris at the Evansville show and I know what you mean by becoming a Chris Young fan !!!  He smiled from the time he got on stage till he got off !!! You can tell he really enjoyed himself !!!  He really was into making his fans happy !!!  Glad you got to meet Alan !!!  I did meet him at the Cracker Barrel last November and I thought I was going to pass out !!! I have been a HUGE fan, like Marilyn, about 20 years and thought I would never get the chance to meet him !!!  I was so nervous and excited !!! It was a chance of a lifetime!!! I still get goose bumps when I look at the picture of us!!!  I had to laugh when you asked to shake his hand again !!! I will do that if I ever get to meet him again !!! 

Jerri,

Thanks for the letter about my write up !!!  It is amazing how little things mean so much to us fans !!!  Often wonder if Alan realizes what excitement we get out of an autograph or a pic or whatever !!!  It made me so happy to catch that pic !!!!!  It meant the world to me !!!!  Hope you get to see him on his fall tour !!! It really is a great show !!! I hope I can catch him again !!!  Hope he goes to Las Vegas. We go there every fall and wait to see when he is going to be there so we can plan our trip around Alan's concert !!! Now that shows we are HUGE FANS !!!

Dot,

So glad you sat with us and got to do the Good Time signs !!!  Also glad you got that nice picture autogaphed !!!  I hope next time we can both get meet n greets !!!

Marilyn,

We made it home safe and really had a "GOOD TIME"
 at both concerts !!! I was so happy for you for getting to meet all the stars !!!  I'll bet you had a night you will NEVER forget !!! Yeah, I wish they would let the first 3 rows up front.  They have always let them go up.  I really enjoyed the show anyway !!!  Loved your picture with Alan !!!  It really turned out good!!!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 08:38:18 pm »

Enjoyed reading all the reviews. Thanks for posting them here. You should all consider sending your reviews to Cindy for consideration to get published in the AJFC newsletter. Marilyn? Carla? Fins91? ALJKSN? Dot?

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 07:00:28 am »

Ladies,
Thanks for all the Reviews, in case I missd someone, thanks to all of You!
Good Idea BHR, think about sending your reviews to Cindy , it might get in the newsletter!!
Marilyn, sometimes you don't have to tweek them up, Cindy can do that most likely. Yours is great, they are all so
Good.
Thanks to all ,
Jeri-FL

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:14 pm »

Thank you ladies for all great reviews.Hope you
all got some great pictures of Alan.
Elaine

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 03:30:24 pm »

Jeri, I sent you the tweaked version... Much shorter and concise. Wink

Elaine, I have a facebook photo album of some of my pics..of all three singers.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=55046&id=1523080907&l=cb70c3c01e

I'm glad to read other folks' reviews and comments.  Would love to see some
other people's photos, too.  I know it takes a lot of time.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:33:39 pm by mar4aej » Logged
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 03:59:30 pm »

Marilyn, thanks for the intimate review of the Champaign, IL show.  Wow, M&G with AJ, Josh Turner and Chris Young.  Way to go!!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: