Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 03:19:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson Show in W.Va. to Aid Miners' Families  (Read 4578 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:50 am »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10508602

Alan Jackson Show in W.Va. to Aid Miners' Families
Country legend Alan Jackson staging W.Va. show to benefit Upper Big Branch mine families
The Associated Press

Country music icon Alan Jackson will donate the profits from a performance in West Virginia to the families of the miners killed in an explosion this month at the Upper Big Branch mine.

Jackson's publicist says he will perform May 22 at the Charleston Civic Center to support the families of the 29 men who died in the April 5 blast at Massey Energy's mine in Montcoal. It's the worst coal mining disaster in 40 years.

Ticket prices for parts of the arena have been cut to $20 to encourage attendance. Many vendors and suppliers have also cut their fees.

Proceeds will go to the Montcoal Mining Disaster Fund, run by the West Virginia Council of Churches.

Jackson has won 16 Country Music Association awards and was named Entertainer of the Year three times.
leethal1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:42:01 pm »

Just wanted to give Alan a BIG thumbs up for doing this.
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:29:23 am »

Alan is so generous and always thinking of others. His thoughtfulness and caring about people is one of the main reason why I love the man! Alan you Rock!
CowgirlDee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:17:29 am »

This is just wonderful!!!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:49:41 pm »

Alan does this type things all along but he doesn't talk about it himself much, if at all. He supports charities , many , many
organizations.
This is HUGE! Thanks Alan for caring!
Remember when Alan flew to NY, I think it was, and did "Rainy Day in June" for Katrina.. He is THE Best!

God Bless, Jerrie-MS &FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: