Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 04:50:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Any of you Vote on the Awards?  (Read 4291 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:14:20 pm »

Fans,
Did any of you that watched vote? I have to admit, I did vote for them to play the Video of "My Maria" by Brooks and Dunn..I just wanted to hear it.
I think this was one of the best shows, considering Alan  didn't get nominated. I missed his presence and just seeing him there. This show by Reba seemed to exhibit more class for Country Music.I was touched by Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home", that scene on Video reminds me of my Mom's passing, except with Carrie , it was an older man. I literally cried.

Another touching moment was Toby Keith's.. The song dedicated to Wayman Tisdale, the Basketball player who died with cancer.. They were best friends and his Family was there and they cried over Toby doing that song..I like the new ones who won also, they have performed here in Jax and Gloriana is going to be famous, my opinon..Lady Antebellum are just fantastic and I wish them so much good luck. She is the Daughter of Nashville Singer, Linda Davis and  I think their  sound is wonderful. several others I enjoyed also. Zac Brown Band who opened for Alan, oh my! they are getting such great press!

Overall a good show..The sound was a problem for Brooks and Dunn,. a mic which was ok by the end, but the whole performance was missed almost.. They seemed really touched to receive an Award.
The ones I voted for Won..since Alan was not there, I decided to vote for talent..
What was missing......Just the BEST COUNTY SINGER/SONGWRITER TODAY---ALAN JACKSON!!

As A Fan, I am so proud of Alan's contributions and look forward to Years of hearing more great Music and Songs!
From Him.
Thanks Alan and The StrayHorns!! See You In Concert Soon, I hope!

Jerrie-FL

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:13:18 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AJfanNColorado

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:28 pm »

I voted for Red Dirt Road, I just like that song it takes me back to growing up in the country and the dirt roads and a simpler time.
I was very Happy that Miranda won.  I love her song The House that built me, her whole CD is Awesome and I am so glad she won.
I did miss seeing Alan, wished he would have been there

Rhonda
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:48:25 pm »

I watched the show but didn't vote.  I agree that the show was one of the better ones in recent years.  I went to the first two or three shows at the Mandalay Bay when ACM moved the show to Las Vegas.  At first, it was a good deal where you got a ticket to the New Artists Show the previous night as well as the Awards Show and the After-Show party where the food and drink was very lavish (at a cost of $300 per ticket).  But then they split up the shows where you only got a ticket to the Awards Show and the ticket price was still about the same.  I started feeling like being used by the promoters and haven't gone back. 

On the other hand, I went to the George and Reba concert at the MGM Grand back in February.  The concert was in the round and it was a great place for a concert.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:44:12 am »

Jerrie  I didn't watch without ALAN so thank you very much for the great review.   Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »

It was a good show- of course would have been better with Alan. I am very happy for Miranda- she is truly country & so is Luke Bryan who won Best New Artist. I hope this is a sign that the pedulum, which has gone so far over to the Pop side is beginning to swing back toward real Country Music.
I also saw the George, Reba & Lee Ann Show- a truly great country concert. And just recently saw Alan & he was terrific.
I voted for Brooks & Dunn to sing My Maria- a great song & real toe- tapper.
Thanks, Jeri. for the comment on Toby's tribute to Wayman Tisdale- it was truly inspiring & my heart went out to Wayman's family crying in the audience.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:57:31 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:41:57 pm »

It was a good show-  I hope this is a sign that the pedulum, which has gone so far over to the Pop side is beginning to swing back toward real Country Music.

Harriet,
I so agree w/You and I think that is why this show was good, the pendulum is going back to GOOD COUNTRY MUSIC or at least great Love Songs, that inspire our youth that marriage can be good..It was getting too Pop for a while. I know Music is an Art form as has to change w/the times, but it can still be Country Music.Alan sings about things that can apply over time. lasting forever, so does George Strait..& Reba..Brooks & Dunn also. That is how they have lasted so long. Their music endures. I agree that Miranda is Country, she lives on a ranch. She has a strong voice too and I'm glad she won, she could not believe she won! she thought the others deserved it but she has talent , she's a good entertainer.

I was like you Harriet, I wanted to see them Sing"My Maria" just one more time. Love that Song & their voices are so great in that one.
Reba did a great Job and her new Song is great!

I really missed Alan being there so much..
Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: