Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 09:50:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson settles nicely into elder statesman country  (Read 5058 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:32:40 pm »

http://www.bclocalnews.com/entertainment/90798344.html
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:06:53 am »

Strange but I don't see Alan as some aged Singer/Songwriter.. I suppose in competing w/singers half his age, he might be.

he has let Singers open for him and they have gone on to be hits, I'm sure this helped their careers, just opening for Alan.

I can see Alan performing for Years to come. He looks great and his work is fantastic. Good Singers Music can last long after death.
Alan keeps his Songs fresh and up to date and this helps his staying power.. He leaves people wanting to hear more at Concerts, so he has a lot to offer. His Fans are all ages and he always has good concerts.
Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:12:45 am »

Jerrie and Somebody I think a great Singer/Songwriter is  just that and that is what ALAN is.  Age is just a number and no other Singer looks as great as ALAN or is as nice.  Take Care   nelle   

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »

No matter what age Alan is, he is only better.    This is not #11 CD and Alan has done many songs about the ocean and water, which we know he loves.    That's Where I Belong is truly things close to Alan personally.   Great Song...

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 07:12:14 pm »

I have a different take on this. I don't think the writer was referring to Alan as being old in using the words "aged" and "mature." But rather it was used as a compliment to Alan's settlling in a mellowed ("aged") and fully and well developed ("mature") stardom with comfortable ease. Think of it like fine wine and cheese. They're aged to get that quality smooth texture and exquisitely fine taste.The only thing I didn't like about this review is the mention of Fred Eaglesmith, who orginally wrote and recorded "Freight Train," now getting a royalty check because Alan had used his song for the album's title track. Was it really necessary to even mention that? Just give him the credit for the song and end the review right there. Geeeez!

BHR
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:09:29 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 07:30:20 pm »

I like your description, BHR.  Alan only gets better with age.  Where do these writers get their
false information....11th album?Huh

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »

BHR,

Thanks for making me see it from another viewpoint.. Alan is like Fine wine, better w/age!His voice control is so great
and his bass voice sounds wonderful as he ages..
He looks mature and so handsome, up close, but he has this smile that seems a bit teased, that is so charming.
He is just so super nice and it's real. There is not an ounce of being prentencious in Alan Jackson.You feel like you have known him all your life. he makes YOU feel comfortable around him. he puts himself at your level, not above anyone..He is Great!

I just prefer saying Alan  is a mature" Leader" in Country Singing and Songwriting. One who all his Fans love and want to hear all about. Just using the word mature for "elder" or Leader for "Statesman" sounds more Alan..

I'm always on the defensive w/Alan, sorry. BHR , thanks for remimding me, I think I'm coming across as a know it all, but I don't mean to. Alan's Fans are all so nice, the ones I've met..I don't talk a lot at first meeting someone.It isn't them, it's just me. I'm not too outgoing, but I can hold my ground if necessary. I try to speak nice to everyone but I was a teeny bit nervous before meeting Alan, it didn't last long , thanks to him..
I see what you mean BHR, thanks! Alan definitely has staying power..

Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: