Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 04:15:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson 'Hard Hat and a Hammer'  (Read 9200 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:26 am »

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2010/04/14/alan-jackson-hard-hat-and-a-hammer/

Is it released to radio as the new single?

Alan Jackson 'Hard Hat and a Hammer' -- New Song
Posted on Apr 14th 2010 7:30AM

'Hard Hat and a Hammer' is Alan Jackson's second single off his latest studio album 'Freight Train!' which was released March 30. A contrast to his lead track, the ballad 'It's Just That Way,' Jackson's new mid-tempo track is a tribute to America's hard working man: "Nothing wrong with a hard hat and a hammer / Kind of glue that sticks this world together / Hands of steel and cradle of the Promised Land / God bless the working man."

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:22:40 am »

Somebody  Thank you for the info and the link.     Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:33:03 am »

Thanks for the link!  I was wondering if that would be the next song released.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:43:20 pm »

I'm not sure if it's official or not. I got this news in an email so it may just be a rumor.
I'm hoping someone will let us know for sure if it's true or not.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »

Thanks for the link Somebody. Great song !

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 02:26:38 pm »

He did this in Greenville - Awesome live

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 02:35:46 pm »

Somebody, thanks for the heads up and the link. Just checked musicrow.com's calendar and this is posted there as Alan's next single. Release date is May 3.

BHR

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 05:40:11 pm »

Thanks BHR ! That's cool ! I hope it gets a lot of play. On or before May 3 we'll start requesting,
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »

Love that song.  I laughed right out loud when I heard the end:  "and women".  That was spectacular and just as cute as Alan is!!  Wonder if he did that on purpose or if it was an afterthought.  Any way, it's really well done.  I'm an oldie and my kids noticed it and got a bang out of it too.  I'll be seeing Alan in CT on May 14th.  I'm from Michigan.
Alanfan
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 06:12:46 am »

Welcome AlanFan. Have to agree with you. It is a good song and I'm sure a lot of us
can relate to it. Take Care and enjoy that concert in May. Come back and tell us all about it.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:45:11 am »

Love that song.  I laughed right out loud when I heard the end:  "and women".  That was spectacular and just as cute as Alan is!!  Wonder if he did that on purpose or if it was an afterthought.  Any way, it's really well done.  I'm an oldie and my kids noticed it and got a bang out of it too.  I'll be seeing Alan in CT on May 14th.  I'm from Michigan.
Alanfan
Alan probably planed it that way.. Women were not in those kind of jobs years ago and now they serve in the Military
in war.. Times change . I noticed it the first time he did it. Good Idea or some women get really angry if they are left out..
Jeri-FL
PS- I wish Alan had picked a Love Song, heaven knows we need Love now in the world, more than anything. I do Love his
whole CD , however..especially "Every Now and Then" also "Big Green Eyes". Women love those kinds of Songs. Odes
do not seem to get as much air play but Alan writes great odes to the Common Man. I would love for him to write one about Hank Williams, whom Alan  admired his music.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:50:25 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 03:28:24 pm »

Thanks for all the info, folks. I love this song & was hoping it will be the next single.

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »

He did this in Greenville show -  Our radio statrion here in Central Florida is playing HARD HAT & HAMMER quite a bit - I would say more than they played IT'S JUST THAT WAY.  Just love the fiddles in the beginning.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 04:37:59 pm »

He did this in Greenville - Awesome live

LouAnn,
I like this Song and I know it does sound better Live. I think it may climb faster on radio that the last one too, but I
love all of the Songs. I liked "It's Just That Way" but airplay here in Jax has not been the best. I have written and called to request, and lately it has stopped working. For a while it really was going fast.. then they started playing his older songs..
You know when they do that, they are not going to play it much anymore, only a few days at a time. I tried to request and it's a great Song too.
So glad you enjoyed the Concert in greenville,LA!! Congrats! How did you like your Meet & Greet? get to talk to Alan much..
Let us know ok.. what did you think of him. He looked much better in person to me..He is super nice !

Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:08 pm »

Watched Alan on Leno last night, and on Ellen today.  Ellen got him talking and he got plenty of congratulations for the Walk of Fame Star.  He gave a cc of the CD to the audience.  His family was there and he sang his "Hard Hat......"  He is just soooo cute!

Jay Leno said:  "Have you ever seen a tour bus with a finished basement?"  He was taken on a tour by Alan and really enjoyed the plush tour.  His whole family made a wonderful impression.  What a sincere group they seem to be.  They are all lucky.  There is something very attractive about a man who is not ashamed to show the "little boy" left in him.  I'm old enough to say that. Heh, Heh

Alanfan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: