Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 02:20:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenville concert  (Read 12541 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:55 am »

The shows keep getting better and better.  Louann is still with us, she survived!!!!  Mattie was there with a group of her friends which made the evening special for Alan.  Alan wore the charcoal pin stripped western shirt.  Sharon survived her meet & greet with Josh and told her it was nice to see her again.  (we have met him the last 2 fan fairs) 
Alan added "Hard Hat and Hammer" to his list tonight and was again on stage for almost 2 hours....SURE DO LOVE THAT CHANGE!!!  I've heard nothing but good things from other fans after the shows.  Everyone is impressed with the new show.  We had fantastic seats again (thank you Cindy and fan club)  We had 2nd row seats for 3 of the concerts and 3rd for the other one, almost all in the exact same place, just to Alan's right.  Louann got a teddy bear signed, Sharon got her ticket signed and I got the newspaper article from last year's 20th anniversary party signed.  When Alan took my sharpie and signed the newspaper, he said, "I need to borrow this." and grinned (meaning the sharpie).  It was another amazing night and weekend.  It was great to see Deb and Bill, Mary and Clay again, and meeting Tammy.  Looking forward to next week in Hollywood. 

P.S. We didn't let Louann drive in GA...LOL

Livin' On Love in California
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 06:07:51 am »

Thanks for the review, Terry.  Glad to hear that Louann survived - hope she tells us all about it!!! The new format for the concerts sounds wonderful - can't wait to see one.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:26:41 am »

Terry ,
Thanks for the great review! we can always count on you to hear about all that happened. Sounds like you really gpt
great seats byo the Fan Club, that is great! You have to be tired driving all the way from FL to Atlanta,  to Greenville.
 This sounds like Everyone is pleased with the way theu are doing the show in Concerts.
Mattie was there, with her friends, Great! I know Alan had to enjoy her being there.
So glad Sharon enjoyed her Meet & Greet w/ Josh Turner!
Thanks for sharing your night with us at the Concert! So sorry we could not be there, especially since it sounds so nice.
Next week is Hollywood for You Terry! You are so lucky to get to be there.My husband is still like an out patient( ill) or we would be there for sure. Can't wait to see Alan get his Star...I'm sure the Family will be there. The radio stations Guys Alan talked with , said they would be there, so it may be a big crowd. Alan will be there for people to see his Star  for years to come..He has made a  great career and lots of awards all over..I'm so proud of him, as a Fan.
Jeri-FL

[/B]

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:52:23 am »

I am glad yall had a great time! I was just beside myself when he signed my hat in Atlanta. I hope he knows how much it means to us when he takes the time to do that! He said on Private Sessions yesterday, that he was doing a fall tour as well. So if he comes close to Alabama again, I will def be there. I was very impressed with his show!
Lindi

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:56 pm »

I am glad yall had a great time! I was just beside myself when he signed my hat in Atlanta. I hope he knows how much it means to us when he takes the time to do that! He said on Private Sessions yesterday, that he was doing a fall tour as well. So if he comes close to Alabama again, I will def be there. I was very impressed with his show!
Lindi

Lindi,

I know how you feel, it's a great feeling standing by the Stage and having Alan sign something for you,I got him to sign
Denise's book for me a while back..I'm tall , so I could reach over everyone and Alan just leaned over a bit and took the book.then handed it back to me. My husband was so busy looking at us, he didn't get a photo until the book was handed back LOL. I told him I was going alone, and he could make the photo ha! The younger girls were nice to me, surprisingly.
I know that has to be tiring for Alan. I am just happy now that I have one and to see them sit and talk to the Fans some is a dream come true..I can't wait to see that. I'm so glad Alan is interacting w/his Fans more that way..Love the way
his new Tour sounds. I hope we catch Alan in the Fall Tour at least.. I missed two, right here by us..
My hubby's was sorry we could not go, he is till going for tests and some are not too pleasant. the thyroid, he has to be asleep..
Sharon I hope you enjoyed the concert. but where is your Review ha! she may be on her way to another concert.
Take care Fans,
Jeri

[/B]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:22:36 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »

Haha Jeri, Im only 5'4, so i was struggling, but i meant I was gonna get up there! lol  I am 28, so technically I am no spring chickadee anymore, but yea, there was alot of "young" girls up front by the stage. Its funny, I took a picture, and in the picture he is looking dead at me. I was so tickled when I saw that! When I first got up there, me and another lady accidentally bumped eachother, and we just hugged eachothers necks, we were so happy to be that close to Alan. hahah! Anyway, I will quit posting in the Greenville section. LOL! I will try to put some pics up soon, and post the link to the album.
take care,
Lindi Lu

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »

Glad you all had a fun time with ALAN this week end.I can wait until 29th .Getting excited.   Have a safe trip home all of you.
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 07:12:07 pm »

Thanks for another great review!  I'm getting so excited for the Chicago concert!   Can't wait to see some pictures!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:52:23 pm »

So glad to hear the concerts are getting better and better !!!  Can't wait to see him in Champaign and Evansville !!!  Glad to hear he is signing things for the fans!!!  That is really the BEST feeling there is, when Alan takes something out of your hand, looks right at you, signs it, hands it back and looks right at you again !!!  What a rush !!! I ALWAYS say, Thank You !!  I REALLY appreciate that !!!  He really treats his fans good !!  I have been a fan member for years and I can say that Alan gets BETTER every year !!!  Thanks so much for everything Alan !!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 06:35:29 am »

After having a couple of days to reflect on the concert, I've got to say, this was the best yet for me.  Not because of the M&G with Josh.  That was special and wish I had know Mattie was in the line behind me.  Did see the DJ from our local country station (WSSL).  
The reason for it being the best is that Alan seems so relaxed with his fans and so appreciative of them.  He has segments of his concerts that are completely different from his usual concerts.  I almost feel like it is more of a "family" feel, with the fans.  
It was good to see Monty but also fun to see his family from Lockhart and Union who are all so proud of him.  
We had awesome seats as Terry said, 2nd row.  We were able to hold up our "Good Time" signs and also Terry had made a "Freight Train Radio" sign.  They had been listening to Freight Train radio all weekend in their car w/Sirus.  I don't have Sirius, so they didn't even want to ride in my car!  LOL!  
Always great to see Terry, Debbie and Louann. Had after show dinner/breakfast with Debbie & Bill at IHOP!  I was so glad, I only had 45 mins. to drive home yesterday.  Wishing safe travels to all the fans this week.
Thanks Cindy and staff for the hard work you do for us.  It shows.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:05:27 am by Luckylady44 » Logged

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 06:50:16 am »

Sharon,
Thank for your review! It sounds wonderful. Sorry you missed mattie. All of you got Great Seats, so that made it even better being that near Alan singing . Monty and is it Mark that both sings with Alan at times, they sound great with him.
Monty blends with him so well, you can hardly tell he is singing but it sounds Great!

Sounds like a great Concert, Glad you got to meet Josh but I know you would loved to have met Alan ha!
Nice that Montys family could be there. Sounds like a great time and Concert. so happy for you. I hope the Girls get home safely.. How did Louann do w/her M & G ha Terry said she was nervous..anxious to hear about her meeting him..
Thanks again Sharon for sharing , especially when it means so much to those of us who could not go. I hope Alan and the Guys keep this way of singing up..it's more intimate . I love it when the band cuts loose and  does a little jamming at times.
Jerrie-FL

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:13:45 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 01:33:59 pm »

Sharon and Terry thanks for the wonderful reviews
of Alan's concert.Glad you gals all had a great time.
Sharon nice that Josh remember you.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 04:10:39 pm »

Terry and Sharon Thank you both for your great reviews.  I am glad you had a wonderful time and that Sharon met Josh .
Take Care  Both of you.   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 02:26:34 pm »

Terry & Sharon, thanks for the reviews.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:29:57 am »

What else can I say??  great, great and great!!!!
thanks for sharing...

AJ IS THE BEST
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: