Alan Jackson
April 28, 2024, 02:15:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta Concert Review!  (Read 16366 times)
Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:25:08 pm »

I am the happiest girl in the world tonight!!  But I will start from the beginning!
The VZW park was awesome, clean and staff was so nice.  When we got there, I rushed to my seats. I just looked at my husband and said "we are SO close!"
We had seats 3 rows behind the pit. Chris Young, and Josh Turner were both a hit! I was enjoying Alan's performance most of all though. I managed to get some good pics from my seat. I did notice however, that alot of fans were trying to walk down the aisle to take pics, and security was getting on to them. I thought that was just a shame. I saw alot of fans been turned away with a sad face, just wanting to take a pic.
Anyway, my husband was doing some observing, and noticed security was letting folks down by the stage, later in the concert. So he got me up there!!! I was about a foot away from Alan's feet! LOL! Got up there just in time bc my hubby tried to get the girl that was sitting beside us back up front, and they had closed access off to the stage! I got some awesome pictures! Then he ended the show, but came back out for an encore performance, great surprise! He sang great balls of fire, then started signing autographs!!!!!!!  Women were taking shoes off and everything, handing them to him. My husband came up behind me, and tossed me his Desert Storm hat, from when he was serving in the army. Alan took it from my hand, and SIGNED IT!!!!!!! I was thinking "wow, Alan is really real! LOL!  I am so happy tonight! I needed this so bad, and thanks to all of you for the tips, and thanks to Cindy for the great seats.  I am still on an adrenaline high.  Best night ever.
Lindi Lu

Cookie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 12:33:57 am »

Have to agree with Linda! I was in the Pit and it was great. I have been to ALOT of AJ concerts and this was by far the BEST SHOW I have seen him do. I loved the laid back relaxed format when Alan and The Strayhorns sat and performed. Also I think this was about a hour longer than any of his previous concerts. Was really great! I leave here for Nashville next week, spending 3 months there just for fun! I'm so excited!  Smiley Wink

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:04:58 am »

Lindi lu ,
Great review, sounds like you had the time of your Life! Isn't it a great feeling!! So glad you tried to get close..and did get your husbands hat from Desert Storm signed, Alan could not let that pass.So happy for you!

Next Concert maybe you will get in the pit area and isle seast and can see Alan again.. Better yet, a Meet and Greet!
So happy your hubby noted they were letting people go up there and you got his hat signed. I stood right at Alan's feet too and it is a thrill but meeting him was the greatest! You see he is super nice and so real..

I'm like you, no matter who sings, I can't wait for Alan to get up there. I did enjoy Little Big Town when they sang when Alan in Hollywood, FL..I think it was. I know they did in Nashville @ the Ryman.
So glad you and family enjoyed the Concert.. Sounded Great doing it unplugged..
Thanks for your Review! Cookie so glad you enjoyed the Concert too. It sure sounds like a great show with the StrayHorns!
Jeri

PS- Lindi- So glad you got that Hat signed!!!! so happy for you! were you sitting near Harriet? I hope she will be fine..
we need more reviews but everyone like Terry is busy traveling to other Venues to post. LOL Terry always posts in the Hotel.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:14:25 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:29:03 am »

Thanks for the great review Linda - it really makes me more excited for my concert in 3 weeks in Chicago.  I have 3rd row seats also - I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 02:08:10 pm »

Great review Lindilu, thanks for sharing with us.  Congratulations on getting to the stage and getting a signature!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »

Great review......I felt your excitement Lindilu.   Thanks for sharing,  thrilling getting an autograph.  Was his family there? Did you get your bus picture?  Thank you to your husband for his service to our country. 
Less than three weeks----Chicago!

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:26:34 pm »

Great review Lindilu.  I'm happy you had such a great time.  I understand the frustration for people wanting to go closer to get a picture, but at the same time, many times they use that as an excuse and once they are up close, don't leave and that's frustrating for the people that seats in the first few rows.  Many times the ones that sneak up there are drunk too.  Security was just doing their jobs.  They wouldn't let the fans in the pit go either.

Alan had on a beautiful RED western shirt with flowers, really looked GOOD!!!  Alan was having a GOOD TIME again last night.  

We're in Greenville, SC now and Louann is pacing the hotel room...LOL  (her meet & greet is tonight)

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 03:09:03 pm »

Terry,

So glad you guys made it ok..Sounds like a great Concert..
You are so right about sneaking up there, security are just doing their job... I have not tried to push it but security let me go from Row 3 and I guess he could tell I was older and not dangerous LOL.. There are not many drunks at Alan's shows and they stand out when they are..where children are , I do not drink.. However tell LA she might have  a drink to calm her for the M & G, not much now LOL Tell her to relax and just talk to him like if she knows him, but tell him exactly what she wants to ask. I didn't even introduce myself but Alan talked back & forth w/me.. He is super nice , so tell LA not to be nervous..He will be, if she is.ha!

Terry, you are so right about being on front row and people come up and stay blocking your view, we had that happen & stepping all over our feet. Very rude actions. My husband said why did we pay for front row when they sit in front of us
and wont leave. We could not make good photos even because of their heads. Security should only allow this for a while
I think. This was not with Fan Club tickets.. we have always gotten good tickets with them. Thanks to the Fan Club!

LA DO NOT BE AFRAID OF ALAN NOW ! He is super nice and Thanked Us for coming..super, super , nice..
Take care Terry, and thanks, Jerrie
PS- Where is Harriet, did she recover from the Concert yet? I was hoping she would give us a review like Terry.
Terry, we can always count on you, thanks!

[/B]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:26:04 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 09:55:46 am »

thanks yall, I had the best time. It just made my day that he signed my hat. It was an awesome show! Alan never fails! No bus pics or anything, but after I got his autograph, I couldve cared less. lol. I cant wait til he comes back our way. Next time, I am going to stay up til midnight, and try to get good pit seats! hahah!
Lindi

aballowe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 03:27:21 pm »

That's great!!! This was my first official concert.  I saw AJ at the Grand Ole Opry, but this was terrific!!!! I wish he would have played more!!!! I could listen to him sing 24/7.  Was sure waiting for Freight Train since that was the name of the tour, but he played Remember When....which makes me cry every time I hear it and our love song...Like Red on a Rose.  That was so special hearing our song....live! 
Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 03:54:53 pm »

Yea I know it, I remember him singing "Its just that way", but thats the only song I recall from the new Freight Train album. Of course I was totally outside of myself the whole time, so I dont really remember much about what he was singing. lol! I was just trying to take it all in.  U know.... lol

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 02:27:49 pm »

Lindi Lu, thanks for the review.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 07:49:56 pm »

Lindilu thank you for your great review. I am glad you had such a wonderful time.   Cookie, Terry and aballowe thank you all for your reviews.    WOW sounds like such a great concert.    Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 09:45:29 pm »

If anyone has a facebook account, you can add me. I have my all of my concert pics from Atlanta posted on there. Here's my email  [email protected]
Lindi Sutton

Got some awesome close ups  Wink

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:58 pm »

Lindu, You will keep that high for days and recall it anytime ha! . I did not listen to Concert much after my M & G either lol

Cookie, Terry and aballowe, Thank you all for the wonderful reviews, since we could not go. It really means a lot to hear all about the Concert. so Thanks!

Kathy, congrats on getting row 3 soon...You will love that! Three weeks will not pass that fast  for you ha! You will be so proud of the close seats. Congrats!
Thanks to all of you again,
Jerrie

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: