Alan Jackson
April 28, 2024, 04:12:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft. Meyers concert  (Read 18477 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:04:29 am »

Louann, Debbie, and I just got back to the hotel after tonight's concert.  WOW was that an amazing concert.  Chris Young was great, Josh was wonderful and Alan OUTSTANDING!!!!

We had 2nd row almost dead center, just a little to Alan's right.  Alan had on a charcoal black shirt with gold grim, his wonderfully holey jeans and of course his hat  and boots.  He came out to Gone Country.  Alan has a new set, with  huge train tracks going up behind him, new video screens, new background, and new video pieces.  After he sang a few songs, Alan and all the band members except Bruce, Joey, and Robbie sat down on stools.  Alan sang a little of a bunch of his older songs while seated, talking about each one.  He was really talkative which was WONDERFUL.  He did sing "It's Just That Way"  It was a very exciting concert with Alan doing the sit down segment.  He was on stage almost 2 hours.  Louann  and I went over the front row seats as soon as we did the GOOD TIME signs.  Security was very lax about people being at stage.  Alan didn't sign autographs tonight but did touch a lot of hands, including mine, and I think he touched Louann's hand too.  I got some sort of a drink spilled on me when everyone was trying to get to touch Alan's hand.  Glad I didn't get stopped driving back to the hotel since I smelled like a mixed drink...LOL

Looking forward to tomorrow night's concert and seeing more friends again. 

Livin' On Love in California
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:09:00 am »

Thanks for taking the time to share Terry!  Sounds like a wonderful concert!  I'm getting way too excited about Sunday night!!!!  We are gonna have to make a new Freight Train sign!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

momof2gr8kids

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:42:54 am »

I was there too!  I was the lucky winner of the front row contest through the Fan Club.
My brother and sister in law took my purchased fan club tickets 2nd row, dead center! 

Like every show....there was no way I was actually going to SIT in that seat once Alan came on stage, though...and I went right up to the stage and stood just about right in front of AJ the entire performance.  I agree that the sit-down performance was the highlight of the show....I love hearing AJ talk about anything...he could sit and recite the phone book and I'd be happy...but for him to take us back in time was just such a special treat....We had a wonderful time....got an AJ guitar pic (THANKS AJ....luv ya!), a hand grab from AJ and lots of smiles and giggles from Mark M. who probably thought I was a lil bit crazy jumping up and down like I was in DA MAN'S presence...haha!
GOOD TIMES!  Loved those signs, girls!!! 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:17:15 am »

Terry,

Thanks so much for the nice review! I got up early today to read it, even though my hubby is off today ha!
I knew you would post one and I love the idea of the set change , also change of the way Alan sits and talks. I have
always thought Alan needed more interaction w/his Fans! So it's a dream come true for me.. Looks like it's was your favorite and the rest there also..So glad you got to touch Hands at least..
Glad you all enjoyed Chris & Josh. I have seen them before, Chris has a great new Song out now, so does Josh.. Like you
my favorite Singer is still Alan. ha!
Great seats for You! I love isle seats, center and not back that far.. Great place to be..
Love the Band sitting down on stools w/Alan too. I loved talking to Monty & love his CD w/Soldier Coming Home! Love seeing Roger the night of my M & G, His smile is terrific!

Love the outfits Alan wears. He can't look bad..He is super nice! Would love to hear him talk about his Songs etc..

You Girls enjoy tonight, and tell us all about it, when you rest up! Thanks so much for the review so soon Terry!
Take care and the UCF Venue Guards are so nice , so you should get something signed there, not sure..That is where I got Denise's Book signed..Sharon went up to the stage w/me. The guard helped me back to my seat as it was rather crowed, coming back ha! Tell us all about the Concert tonight, but rest up!
 Take care and  Enjoy the Concert Tonight!!! lucky girls! I was so sad Last night not being able to see these Concerts
I have not missed one anywhere near here or close , in years..My hubby being just out of hospital, was impossible.
Wonder if Alan missed us LOL.j/k My favorite DJ joked and said"I wonder how Alan will do his sets without You" Ha!
Enjoy The Concerts Fans! Terry Thanks!
Jerrie-

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:02:20 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »

Terry, thanks for the great review of Alan's Ft. Meyers concert last night. In the mid-late '90s, Alan added a portion in his shows he called "Unwired," I believe, where, yes, he and members of the Strayhorns sat on stools and did acoustic numbers. It became a favorite among a lot of his fans and members of his audience, my family and I included. Sounds like like he has added it back again in his concerts this tour. That's cool! I am more excited now and really, really looking forward to his concert here in Ga tomorrow. To those who also going to be at Alan's concert here tomorrow, See 'Ya All There! Safe travel everyone and take care.

BHR

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:35:29 pm »

Terry, thanks for a wonderful review.  I am so sad not to be there but spring break with my daughter and granddaughter somehow won out!  And all of you going to Atlanta and Greenville, have a fantastic evening with Alan!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:08:50 pm »

Terry, thanks for the wonderful review!!  All of you going to the concerts the rest of the weekend have a great time and let us know all about them!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »

Terry ~ Thanks for the quick review of the concert. Sounds like someone is in 7th heaven.

Mom of 2 ~ Congratulations on winning front row seats. OMG ~ How cool are you. Did anyone take pictures?
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 02:36:56 pm »

It was late when I did the review so wanted to add to it now before heading to Orlando.  We just got back to Louann's and only have a little time before leaving.  BHR, I believe it's called "unplugged" when they did the sit down segment.  Alan closed with "Great Balls of Fire" when he came back on for his encore.  He also sang a verse of "Sissy's Song" during the unplugged portion.  Well off to Orlando and another great show.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 03:15:55 pm »

It was late when I did the review so wanted to add to it now before heading to Orlando.  We just got back to Louann's and only have a little time before leaving.  BHR, I believe it's called "unplugged" when they did the sit down segment.  Alan closed with "Great Balls of Fire" when he came back on for his encore.  He also sang a verse of "Sissy's Song" during the unplugged portion.  Well off to Orlando and another great show.

Terry hi!
Thanks for adding to the great review! You Girls enjoy tonight. I love the sound of the cnages Alan is doing..Unplugged
is like Stripped, and that is great to hear Live. "Great Balls of Fire" was an old Jerry Lee Lewis number, remember? He was called "the Killer"  and really could play that Piano..It was about the Time Elvis was popular too. Jerry Lee is still performing or was a while back..I wish Alan would do "I'll Go On Loving You" from his High Mileage Days, it's a beautiful.Love Song.

Take care and enjoy UCF!!! You should get down front there. Alan may only sign at certain places. Did anyone of you get a Meet & Greet? I was hoping you would.. Take care and watch the traffic there, it is awful , mostly other drivers start to drive over us ha! Will miss Alan, Blow him a Kiss for me! ha! I hate to miss this one tonight and seeing him do a new Number.
Take care Girls, Jerrie
I hope someone gets a M & G that we know! Bring us some photos please!!!!....That Pizza Place there isn't bad, if you want to find an early Parking place. We got one right near the trucks and  catering or food truck.@ the back & side entrance For Alan..and Crew.I walked right by Robbie but someone said he had a horrible cold ... last time there. good I didn't try & shake hands ha! ENJOY !!!

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:52 pm »

Terri, thanks for the review!   Oh, I'm extra excited now.  I saw Alan & Strayhorns do the unplugged thing at my first AJ concert in 2003 in Milwaukee - it was great.  So nice to know they are doing it again, it's wonderful.  Can't wait to hear him do Great Balls of Fire. 
Have fun again tonight and look forward to all the reviews!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »

Thanks for the review.  I received two phone calls during the UCF concert tonight.  Dizzy called and I listened to "It's Just That Way".    And I just got off the phone with my daughter and she and Alan were singing,  "Where I Come From."  And it was so sweet she kept adding Love you Mom.  Oh I wish I could have been there.  First UCF concert I have missed.  It was our special time.  Chicago here I come!  Hoping security will be lax so I can get to the stage.  Oh it's so great Alan is back on tour. 

Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 11:39:47 pm »

Thats great Sue! I hope they have a good time! I am sitting in my hotel in atlanta, waiting for the show tomorrow night! I will be taking lots of pictures. I hope to get to the stage as well. We shall see! Gonna go out early tomorrow and see if I can find his haulers and bus at the amphitheater. lol

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 07:35:53 am »

Sue, that is great that your daughter called so you could share Alan with them!  I had been to all the UCF
concerts too....sad to miss this one.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 11:42:46 am »

Sue, that is great that your daughter called so you could share Alan with them!  I had been to all the UCF
concerts too....sad to miss this one.

Jinx,
UCF is where I met all the Fans, Dizzy & Twin Sister, Sue, You Jinx, Sharon, Louann & Debbie, Terry. Sue and her dauighter

sat behind us and my hubby made their photo for me.I should frame the best one for her to remember their specail night

w/mom & daughter. Her daughter is so sweet and pretty, like her Mom..Sue came up and sat by me a while at

St Augustine and Hubby made some sweet photos of us and her alone.

He walked down for me and made a side photo of Terry and girls w/the signs. It came out but was dark..Been to UCF
twice now.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: