Alan Jackson
May 21, 2024, 07:50:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans how do you like Alan's New Freight Train?  (Read 10567 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:36:39 pm »

Listening:

So, Everyone how do you like Alan's "Freight Train"  listened to it enough yet,,
*****I love! "Every Now and then"  and  think it will play well on radio also
(1)Hard Hat and A Hammer" I like this one, more uptempo! more terse to the common man, classic Alan. I love his odes
to the "Little Man"

(2) a winner to me as I said above-- Love it! the beat, melody and lyrics..Love it, Love It!
 Denise & Alan a great example..Instruments used, sounds great and that deep bass voice.."Every Now and Then" is a HIT! my opinon only

(3)After 17-will play well on radio and like the lyrics and melody, we can all identify.The Video is already special to us !!

(4)It's Just That Way-Simple -good air play on air and I like this one!My Favorite DJ plays it for me! Love it!

(5)Freight Train-Good uptempo for air play and Like this one! we all know Alan doesn't write for air play but it's nice & he gets Nominations that way! Love it on Radio!!! Great Song!

(6)TailLights Blue-Love it! good for  air play..Fans Listen to this carefully , you will love it! can't you imagine  this happening
as a love driives away, he says, "should've made a Taillight blue " as it made him feel blue to see her  leave. Love it! Love it!
(7)I Could Get Used To This Lovin' Thing- Love it and great for radio, sounds like the Typical Man!  Cute! Alan has to miss his "Nisey!"                                                                                                                                               -    8-Til TheThe End- with Lee ann womack- good tribute song/might not play as well on air often.  If your a Lee Ann fan you will enjoy it ! Loved her "I Hope You Dance."

(9) That's Where I Belong- should do good on radio, Summertime! Alan's talking about fishing , being out in the Ocean
for hours and the peace one finds , the solitude he loves it! "He fishes off jamaica", perhaps where he caught the marlins.
a great way to relax..I understand this one now. Great Song!

(10) Big Green Eyes- Yes! Love it! should appeal to the men who love green eyed girls. Great for air play! Love it!
Every women with green Eyes will think Alan is singing just for them---it's Denise, she has beautiful eyes
Alan said "all the girls have green eyes", so they must be pretty.Another Great Love Song By Alan!! Love it, Love it!

(11)True Love Is A Golden Ring sounds like an older classic -Not sure about air play ..have to hear more.

(12) The Best Keep Getting Better- Love it! working on a marriage, we all identify w/this! will get good air play.
Like fine Wine, Alan's Voice just keeps getting better w/age..Love this Song!!

Love them all, Great work Alan!!! Thank You! Thank You!

Now! In Concert, Our Country needs a Culture change, How about some "Love Songs" as only Alan Jackson can do..Like those from the High Mileage days-"I'll Go On Loving You"  being one of my favorites..Sing this sometime in Concert please...do a little change, Love it when the Guys add a little extra one from the past ..even if only one verse! How about it Alan & the StrayHorns? a little Jamming now and then.

Alan has written Songs about his whole family and Life, now Let's hear some about Our Country-The World- or Life- Life Experiences Like those in 17, which we all identify with..
Jerrie-FL

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:57:20 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

Have had the album since Monday & listened to it several times. The songs that are really standing out to me are:

Til the End- I think Alan & Lee Ann  sound great as duet partners. Their voices blend well & you know you've got a real country song here.

Hard Hat & a Hammer- I'm realy liking this one & esp. the fiddle part & the sound of the hammer. A neat song that honors the working man.

Big Green Eyes- This one has started growing on me by leaps & bounds. It has a lilting sound & a sort of different sound. I like it when Alan sings in the bass register & the sound of the bass guitar. This may turn out to be my favorite song & not just because I have green eyes. I assume Denise has green eyes & this is a good musical tribute to their relationship.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:10:15 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 10:22:53 pm »

[Big Green Eyes- This one ha started growing on me by leaps & bounds. It has a lilting sound & a sort of different sound. I like it when Alan sings in the bass register & the sound of the bass guitar. This may turn out to be my favorite song & not just because I have green eyes. I assume Denise has green eyes & this is a good musical tribute to their relationship.[/b][/color]
Harriet,

Yes, Denise has those beautiful Green Eyes. I ran to get the book of Denise's Alan signed for me, to look ha!  It's a woman's song for sure that Alan can do like no other. I have green eyes too, so does my sister haha! would be nice if we could have Alan  singing it to us in concert huh ha! j/kMy husband said" I like this one, I thought you were the only one w/green eyes" ha! Love it too! Yes , it's about Denise. Love the bass instrument sounds yes! also his deep voice!!

I got up singing "Should've made tail lights blue" it's another keeper. Brought back memories of my husband leaving for his work in the Military, it made me blue, every time that man left to go Flying on Flight crew. Others can identify I'm sure.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:41:52 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

Jeri, I agree- Taillights Blue is another good one. And also True Love is a Golden Ring.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:56:17 pm »

Tail Lights Blue still stands out for me.  But, I also love Every Now & Then (listening to it now), Freight Train, I Could Get Used to This Lovin' Thing & Till The End.   Heck, I like all the songs - the ballads & the toe-tapping ones.  Alan's singing them, so it's all good! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 05:19:12 pm »

I like the album ..I like True love is a golden Ring... I do  like the song Till the End...Freight Train Tael Lights Blue ...I like all the songs reallly ...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11:11 pm »

The whole album is really good. Thanks, Alan!

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 04:31:30 am »

"Freight Train" is my favorite. Because it's something new. I mean that trainsound on the tracks.
"Hard Hat and a Hammer". That's me before my retirement. Lot of memories.
"That's Where I Belong" Good radio song.
"The Best Keeps Getting better". Real Alan Jackson song.
"Till The End". Great love song.
"True Love Is a Golden Ring". Another Alan Jackson sound.
"Big Green Eyes". This song does me thinking on the album "Like Red On The Rose".
"After 17". Great Radio hit i think.
"Taillights Blue". "Every Now And Then". Two other good songs;
"I could Get Used To This Lovin' Thing". Good linedance song.

conclusion: Another Great Alan Jackson album.
thanks Alan

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:11 am »

Just time to go to Church and I heard Alan on The Crook and Chase Show, it was great! He sang "Freight Train" and hearing it on radio  is totally different. It sounds great and I really like the fast Tempo and the Song.Alan did  a great job on this one! His career has Indeed been like a "Frieght Train" not chugging along but going steady and hitting his destination on the mark w/so many hits!!!.. I think this one is a definite hit! and Alan has arrived once again!!!
Jean/B , you are so right about this one! Love it!!

My Mom remembered when William Faulkner used to hop a train in MS and take a ride into the City.. Yes - the writer.!. he lived near my Mom's when young..They named a town in MS for him.
"Freight Train" is a real great song! Sounds better on radio!!! Congrats Alan! Enjoyed the talk on The Crook and Chase Show. Love it! Yes Jean/B "Big Green Eyes" also "Like Red On A Rose" both are Great Love Songs that Alan does like no other can!!! How many Guys can lay their Heart out there, like Alan!!!
Love this new One!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:37:07 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:32:23 am »

Jeri_MS   I just love the whole album and it's hard to pick a favorite song. I think each song is great in it's own way. Thank you ALAN for another great album.  I am so thankful I have all your albums to listen to.  You are the greatest singer/songwriter ever.    Take Care      nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 02:42:31 pm »

I'm lovin' it. I get the songs stuck in my head and end up whistling the tune when I'm out walking. Hope no one's listening. Even my whistling is off key.
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »

I read or heard somewhere ~ Alan's girls all have green eyes too. So I think the song is about his women at home. Lots of estrogen in Alan's home. lol
suem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 12:53:32 pm »

Jeri, I've played the album several times and I love all the songs.  Haven't skipped any yet.
I love the love songs.  But I'm a sap so there ya go!  These are songs I can relate to.
Enjoying the album now.

dpannasch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 09:53:38 pm »

I have listened to this album many times and love all the songs. But my absolute favorite is "The best keeps getting better". Love the lyrics because the are so true. And also love that Alan stays true to the country sound! That Johnny Cash guitar sound in "I could get used to this lovin' thing" is GREAT!
bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:19 am »

Love it, love it, love it!!!  Every time I listen to it, I have a favourite song but just love "Taillights Blue", "Till the End" (as Alan says he's sure no other female singer who could have sang that with him!) "That's Where I Belong". What the heck, I could go on and on here! Great to hear Alan sing those beautiful love songs which only he can do! Of course love, "Freight Train" as my dad was a railroad man all his life so that song sure brings back beautiful memories for me!

Another FANTASTIC album!!

BTW, is anybody listening to "Alan Jackson's Freight Train Radio" on Sirius XM satellite radio! Just love listening to AJ's southern accent as he talks about his early days before he got a record deal.  If anyone paid their dues, I surely believe Alan did & I think he deserves all the fame & success he has achieved!  Love ya, big guy!!!

Carol Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: