Alan Jackson
May 01, 2024, 12:58:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: I just purchased tickets - when do I find out my seat numbers  (Voting closed: March 23, 2010, 12:31:09 am)
anyone - 0 (0%)
new member - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets Purchased  (Read 5780 times)
sahay1962

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2010, 12:31:09 am »

can anyone tell me how I find out my seat number?
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 01:26:32 am »

You will be getting a couple emails, one confirming your order, another one saying you will be getting tickets to the show.  Then in a few days, it can be up to 15 days, Cindy will email you a final time to let you know everything is all set.  When you get that final email it will say you can email her back if you want to know your seat location.  Do that and she will email you with your seat location.

Livin' On Love in California
sahay1962

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:33:33 am »

Thank you so much for letting me know.  I'm so excited Alan is coming to Champaign, IL.  I never purchased tickets from the fan club before.   Are they normally good seats?
nwarner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:15:43 pm »

I'm also confused on how this works, as it's the first time I've bought tickets thru the fan club.  The email I got was confirming my "merchandise" purchase and said it would be shipped in 3-5 days.  Why does it say that if the tickets have to be picked up at the concert?  I'm also wondering if I should have entered something to get a discount.....was I really supposed to pay $166 for two tickets for the Champaign, IL show?  I was also disappointed that midnight apparently didn't mean later tonight (Saturday the 20th).  I didn't order my tickets until this afternoon so maybe didn't get as good of seats, because I thought they were available at midnight tonight.  Wish they would be more clear somehow about the time the tickets go on sale.  I also thought that the fan club tickets were supposed to be available BEFORE they went on sale through Ticketmaster, but that's not the case either, as they went on sale thru Ticketmaster at 10am today.  I just found that out, so now am really worried that I either don't have seats, or don't have good ones.  Can anyone help me figure this mess out?Huh?!!!!!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:34:37 pm »

NWARNER, the ticket sale schedule is confusing especially for those who has not ordered tickets from the fan club before. The best way to get yourself "unconcfused" is to keep in mind and remember that midnight is always the start of any new day. So when you see in the sale schedule the date and then @ midnight CST, that means midnight before the ticket goes on sale at Ticketmaster. In this case, the ticket sale started midnight last night, not midnight tonight. Your tickets will not be shipped in 3-5 days, it will be processed in that time period. This is unless you ordered something else at the store which they would usually send by priority mail, which, yes, takes only 3 to 5 days to get to your home. After your ticket order has been procesed, you will receive another email from Cindy, as Terry explained on her post above, confirming this and that there's now seats assigned to you and that if you want to know where they are you have to email Cindy back and give the informations she asked for in the email. She will then email you your seat assignments. You'll get good seats, I'm sure. Not to worry.

SAHAY1962, yes, they are normally good seats. Guaranteed seating for the PL fan club members are rows 2-25, floor section, the section close or closest to the stage.

BHR

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:59:18 am »

I'm also confused on how this works, as it's the first time I've bought tickets thru the fan club.  The email I got was confirming my "merchandise" purchase and said it would be shipped in 3-5 days.  Why does it say that if the tickets have to be picked up at the concert?  I'm also wondering if I should have entered something to get a discount.....was I really supposed to pay $166 for two tickets for the Champaign, IL show?  I was also disappointed that midnight apparently didn't mean later tonight (Saturday the 20th).  I didn't order my tickets until this afternoon so maybe didn't get as good of seats, because I thought they were available at midnight tonight.  Wish they would be more clear somehow about the time the tickets go on sale.  I also thought that the fan club tickets were supposed to be available BEFORE they went on sale through Ticketmaster, but that's not the case either, as they went on sale thru Ticketmaster at 10am today.  I just found that out, so now am really worried that I either don't have seats, or don't have good ones.  Can anyone help me figure this mess out?Huh?!!!!!

You don't have to worry about the tickets being sold on the Ticketmaster website during the preferred seating on-line sales dates because the fan club seats are off limits during this time.  Once the preferred seating on-line sales dates expire, any remaining unsold fan club seats are then returned to the venue and can become available for sale to the general public.  I have purchased preferred seating tickets to several of Alan's concerts and, in my experience, the seats have always been in great locations near the stage.  Also, it is my understanding that no membership discounts are availablefor preferred seating tickets.  However, some of the extra add-on charges that apply to ticket sales to the general public usually are not included in preferred seating tickets, so fan club members still pay less for their tickets and yet get very good seats. 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 12:08:47 pm »

IndianaNative, using the PL members only discount code. . .not your PL membership number. . .will get you a little bit of discount from your ticket purchase. It won't be as much as with regular merchandize purchase at the fan club store, but, yes, you'll get one with your ticket purchase using the code. I did. Sorry, I had amiss including that info on my post above.

NWARNER, I just checked the ticket pricing at tikcetmaster.com for Champaigne, Ill and their price is only a dollar cheaper than the fan club's ($76 vs. $75). So, $166 for 2 tickets is kind of reasonable, though I don't understand why AJFC's prices (for some venue) is higher than Ticketmaster's. For instance, for fans like me who orderd tickets for the GA concert got charged $5 more than the Ticketmaster's selling price ($69.50 vs. $64.50). While on the other hand, the tickets for the SC concert were sold for the same price as the Ticketmaster's. I'd be curious to know how much fans who ordered directly from Ticketmaster paid for their tickets for these 2 venues. . .and maybe other venues too?

BHR
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:30:09 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »

Well, that's good to know about any PL discount on Preferred Seating tickets.  I wasn't aware of that. 

In regard to comparing ticket prices, it gets a little difficult due to the various "extra" chargess added by Ticketmaster such as Facility Charge, Convenience Charge and Order Processing Fee.  It's like the airfares --- you see an advertisement for $99 each way  --- you decide to buy a ticket expecting to pay around $100 --- you buy the ticket and find out that the final cost $150.  Very sneaky!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: