Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 07:57:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet & Greet  (Read 15243 times)
5PMSUMWR

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:55:06 pm »

I was fortunate enough to win a "meet & greet" for an upcoming concert.  Can anyone who has had this opportunity in the past tell me exactly what to expect please??  THANKS!!
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:22:29 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  When you get your information from the venue, it will have instructions on where and when to meet, usually about 30 minutes before Alan goes on stage.  You will line up and go into the meet and greet tent, one at a time to meet Alan and they will take a photo of you with Alan.  When you leave you will be given an 8 x 10 autographed photo with instruction on the back as to where and when you can view your picture online.  Also, you will not be able to take anything into the tent with you, all belongings will be left outside on a table.  Hope this helps you prepare, it's a wonderful experience, one I certainly will never forget.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:25:00 pm »

Congrats!!  all I can tell you is they told me to go to the Box office Inside to tell them I got a M&G and then they tell you where you go and when, on a note. Usually it is after the opening act is through & they tell you exactly where to go & who to ask for. When we got there, I was about the last of ten or more and I was glad, so nervous ha. I saw Roger first & said hello! they tell you to leave your purse or whatever you are carrying with you at the door by the guard.. so if you don't wan t to leave it there, I would not take anything except the note of instructions and ID.. we walked a few steps in a circle and Alan was standing there in the middle and I talked to him a while with my back to camera, I just  then later slipped my arm around his waist, but it's up to you, to have the photo made..some shake hands, some young girls hug.. I was comfortable posing with my arm around his waist. The camera is in front of Alan and I smiled and stood for a second, then you go out and they give you a signed photo and they tell you where to go for the photo just made, online.. it may be in a tent if the Venue is outside... I just talked and said what I wanted but he asked me where I was from. I don't know that anyone ever says what they plan, be sure to tell him your name & where you are from, I forgot the name lol.. and to Thank him --a bit nervous but relaxed after noting how super nice Alan was...Enjoy the moment!!! so happy for you! I still have a smile on my face when I think of the Meet & Greet. Enjoy each moment! Congrats!, Jeri-
PS- I have to wait until next Year to try for another..or when I renew my membership( which is then) I wont forget , ever... He is more handsome up close too & super, super, nice!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:27:59 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:05:51 pm »

I think Terry and Jeri pretty much covered all the bases.  Jeri did tell me a couple of things that I made sure to do - I moved toward the end of the group so I could watch the others and what they did, I did introduce myself and I did thank him (several times lol!)  He was just so nice!  It was truly a wonderful experience that I will never forget.  Congratulations - and just take time to enjoy the moment!  Can't wait to hear about your experience!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
5PMSUMWR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 09:00:30 pm »

Thanks so much to each of you for the information on the meet & greet.  I still can't believe it!  I'm calm right now but know I won't be when it's my turn.  This is a dream come true!  I really appreciate all of the advice and I hope my brain and my voice won't fail me when I'm actually in front of him.  I'll be wearing a tee shirt from the bar in FL where a portion of the video "5 o'clock Somewhere" was filmed.  We'll see if that will at least give us something to talk about!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 01:05:08 pm »

AJTexasFan

Congrats! So happy you got to meet Alan! Yes! just enjoy the moment and it stays with you forever! I am so happy they have started these Meet & Greets, it was such an honor to meet my favorite Country Singer! So happy you enjoyed it too!

5PMSUMWR  Congrats too!!!
Enjoy the moment. It will stay with you forever. Alan has a way of making you feel relaxed, he is Super nice! so calm. The shirt idea sounds good. Alan will recognize that for sure! Just tell him what you want while there,like thank you or whatever you feel, I forgot to tell my name & thank you ha! I just told him how much I enjoyed his concerts and many other things, he didn't rush me and I was almost last to talk to him before he went on stage..when I stood to have my photo made with him, I was so happy being near my favorite Country Singer, my smile was huge, but Just sheer joy and admiration.! My friends all wanted to see my photo and they thought it was great and I was so lucky to meet him !. Enjoy it! You will relax, after you are there a while. be sure to speak or you will regret it later...

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
5PMSUMWR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:13 pm »

Approximately how much time do you have with Alan in the meet and greet?  I assume you stand and talk?  I've gone over and over what I want to say but I'm quite nervous!!  It's tomorrow night...the hours until it happens are ticking away.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 08:51:35 pm »

Congratulations!  Want to hear about the details later!

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »

5PMSUMWR, I do not remember exactly how long I spent with Alan, but you do have several minutes.  I was not rushed, but conscious that there were a couple more people behind me that needed to see him also.  I do not remember anyone being rushed out - everyone seemed to get to say what they wanted to him.  Just take a deep breath and enjoy the moment!!!!  Can't wait to hear about your experience.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 01:13:47 pm »

Congrats AJTexasfan. Enjoy !!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
5PMSUMWR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 03:09:43 pm »

Thank you everyone for your information and words of wisdom.  I am still nervous but I know what an opportunity this really is.  Can't wait to have it happen and then share my memories of it.  I KNOW it will be wonderful! 
5PMSUMWR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 11:53:44 pm »

The Raleigh concert was AWESOME!!  The meet and greet was QUICK.  I barely had time to shake Alan's hand.  They snapped our picture and it was over.  There were probably a dozen people in line so we went into the tent two at a time.  As quickly as one person moved from in front of the camera with Alan, another came up.  The entire process had to be speedy as we were not admitted immediately and then Alan had to change before going on stage.  I"m thrilled I got to shake hands and have my picture made with him!  They provide an autographed picture of Alan when you leave.

I also saw Cory who is in the Country Boy video!  He's the boy in the wheelchair with the sign that say's "Cory's 4 Wheel Drive".  He was the first to go inside for the meet and greet and Alan did autograph Cory's hat for him.  I know that was so special for Cory and it was nice of Alan to do that just for him.  

Alan certainly doesn't disappoint and tonight was no exception!  All I can say is he's a true Southern gentleman!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:03:38 pm by 5PMSUMWR » Logged
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 03:23:33 am »

5PMSUMWR, thanks for sharing your M&G experience.  I could not agree more with you that Alan does not disappoint and he is a true Southern gentleman! 

suem

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 09:46:49 am »

Awesome!  Bet you are still smiling!!!!
I was surprised that he would change clothes after the meet and greet.
His concerts are the best!  Looking forward to St. Augustine's!
I wish I lived in the southeast, I sure would be attending a lot more concerts.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:30:31 pm »

So happy for you!!!
Yes, Alan is definitely a Southern Gentleman for sure. Sounds like he was a bit rushed himself for this one, but just to shake his hand is awesome! Nice you got to see "Cory" Congrats and keep those great memories! Such a great experience!
Jeri-

It's Jerrie Hi!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: