Alan Jackson
May 06, 2024, 01:20:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan in Bergen-Norway  (Read 10765 times)
kimberly

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:30 am »

Alan put on a great show last Saturday, I enjoyed it so much inspite of the rain.
Yes, it poured the entire show and everyone was soaking wet. The concert was held in an open park, 17,000 people gathered there.. , and it was a standing concert only!!!
The entire show everybody was on their feet and sang along, I can see how much the Norwegian country music fans love him..
Alan wore a white western shirt and black trim on it, his cowboy hat, tan boots and of course his trade mark holey faded jeans..
He sang many of his old and new hits, 2 particular songs I never saw him singing in live concerts, Country Boy and Blues Man.. He mentioned how much he enjoyed being in Bergen with lots of boats stranded on the lakes, kind of reminds him back home in the States.. He also said he sold a lot of albums in Norway and thanked for the invitation..
He was really talkative that evening.. Jill Johnson opened for him.., she was good but not my kind of artist
I made some pics, but not sure if they're turning good or not due to the rain as it soaked my camera too..
ALAN THANKS FOR THE GREAT SHOW!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:01 am »

"Kimberly,"

Thanks for your review of Alan in Norway! So glad you enjoyed it, in spite of rain. sorry. He has lots of Fans all over the world.
17,000 in the rain is awesome.. I love the two songs you mentioned, Country Boy, his new one and  "The Blues man" is two of my favorites. Indoors when he sings "The Bluesman" he has his Blue Silhouette and it really is great!
Thanks for sharing about your Country and Alan's responses to the crowd!
I hope your photos & camera will be ok.,.

Thanks Again, Jeri-MS-FL

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:19:26 am »

Kimberly, thanks for the review.  Hope you're able to post the pictures.  How were your seats?

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:51 am »

;DJust looked at the pics of Alan in Norway! Fantastic! That was just great that 17,000 fans would stand in the rain waiting for Alan. Just illustrates how much AJ is loved by his fans not only in the US & Can. but also in Scandanavia, Europe & Australia....as a matter of fact...all over the world! Those pics were simply fantastic!

Carol
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:40:21 am »

Thanks for the review, Kimberly! WOW! What a great crowd of Alan's fans there. I, too, hope your camera is still in working condition and the photos you took turns out good. I just read an article from GAC about this concert and it also stated that Alan's Norwegian album, "NORWEGIAN FAVORITES" top their charts there. Alan definitely have lots of fans overseas. . . .he should do more international touring; his Aussie fans are awaiting for him to do a show in Australia, for one. Here's the GAC link:

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,3034,GAC_26063_5945339_,00.html

BHR

suem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:54:35 am »

Kimberly, thanks for a great review.  Wow rain and standing only----Wonderful that you got to see Alan in concert.  Hope to see your pictures!  From pictures I've seen on line, it looks like everyone was having a good time and singing along with Alan.
Thanks  BHR for the GAC article.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:40 am »

Kimberly, thanks so much for the great review.  Sorry you had to deal with the rain the whole time.  Hope your pictures turn out good in spite of the rain.  Sounds like such a GOOD TIME.

Livin' On Love in California
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:02 pm »

Kimberly, thank you for the great review and photos.  Special thanks to you and all of the fans for standing in the rain for the concert.   That is awesome.   Glad everyone had a super time.   

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 01:22:34 pm »

Thanks for your review Kimberly.
 So sorry for the bad weather conditions.
 But you don't care i think ! Am i right? lol.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 12:53:31 am »

Thanks for your review Kimberly.
 So sorry for the bad weather conditions.
 But you don't care i think ! Am i right? lol.

Jean

Well, you're right Jean I don't!!! lol

after checking on my camera I only got four pics that turned out good..

AJ IS THE BEST
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 12:27:04 pm »

Do NOT ever use the discardable cameras.   NONE of mine were any good when I used two.
I was broken hearted

LORSCOT

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 03:08:50 pm »

Hi there folks, my husband and I travelled to Norway to see Alan in Bergen. We had a lovely time there and ofcourse the concert was magic!!!!! We got right at the front just about the middle of the stage, so we had a great view. Just wish it hadn't been so terrible weather. Never thought we would see Alan coming to Europe, as not many of the Country Stars tour here anymore like they did when CMT was available here in Scotland back in the '90's
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:36:38 pm by LORSCOT » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: