Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 11:16:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all! I'm a new fan club member  (Read 11196 times)
queenie1

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2010, 02:07:22 am »

Hi everyone,
     I finally did it!!  I've been an Alan Jackson fan for years but it took a tragedy in my life to join the fan club.  I recently lost my husband unexpectedly, and while questioning why things happened, "Small Town Southern Man" came on the radio.  While we are from NH, this song described our lives together.  We live in a small '"southern town" in NH, my husband was very strong in his faith, served in the military, I was his first love, and he lived for his family!!  ALL THE VERSES IN THE CHORUS OF "SMALL TOWN SOUTHERN MAN." 
     He had severe leg problems that made it hard for him "to walk or stand" which led to a blood clot that caused a massive coronary.  This song reminded me not to worry because "God has a place in heaven for a small town southern
man."  Alan Jackson got me through one more day!! 
     Thank you Alan, and to all who have listened to me today!
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:06:25 pm »

OMG Queenie, I am so sorry about your husband and I can totally understand how you could relate to STSM.  That has to be one of my favorite Alan songs and to me is so wholesome and understanding of the cycle of life.  It makes me think of my father who was raised here in Philadelphia, not southern, not small town, but who loved his family in his own strong, quiet way.

I think you will find much in Alan's music can be a great source of comfort.  Thank you for posting and sharing your story with us. I hope you continue to post.

Love.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:02:14 pm by AJsTricia » Logged

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:42:24 pm »

Queenie so sorry to hear you lost your hubby.
Glad Alan's song helps you.I know Alan's songs
helped me when I lost my hubby in 2006.Also
the gals from this board really helped.I hope you
will continue to join us.
Elaine

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:04:07 am »

Queenie, sorry to hear about your loss, but seems that Alan's songs can be very helpful during life's problems.  He has a knack for connecting with the everyday people on everyday events.  Welcome to the fan club and hope you enjoy the people here, they can be very supportive during hard times.  Leslie
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:13:54 am »

Queenie, sorry for your loss.  Alan's music can be very helpful.  Welcome to the fan-club.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
TAMTOE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:21 am »

HEY QUEENIE,

SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS.YOU WILL BE IN OUR THOUGHT AND PRAYERS..SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU IN THE FAN CLUB. ALANS FAN ARE THE BEST..ANYTIME YOU FEEL A LITTLE LOST JUST JUMP ON THE OLD COMPUTER,MOST OF THE TIME THERE IS SOMEONE THERE,IF NOT JUST READ THE POSTING IT WILL MAKE YOU GRIN AND MAKE YOU FEEL ALOT BETTER...

GOD BLESS AND HUGS,
TAMMY

TAMMY
GONE CRAZY IN CANTON GA.
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »

queenie1
After 46 hears of marriage, I faced the same loss of a dear, beloved father of 5.  You have a great attitude and will get through this with your faith and Alan's songs which are so true.  I love "Sissy's Song".  It keeps me knowing that he was called, and gave us all the knowledge that God had a place for him and that we have yet to get there.

Much peace to you. And Welcome to the Fan Club.
Alanfan
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 12:51:22 pm »

Queenie1 am so sorry you lost your husband. I lost mine too. I feel that listening to ALAN'S music so calming.  Welcome to the Fan Club and the board.  The fans are so great  and just like family.    Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 02:24:16 pm »

Queenie1 ~ Sorry to read how your husband died.  He was a wonderful man from what you said of him. Alan's music, is music for the soul and I'm happy the song, Small Town Southern Man reminds you of your husband. It us a beautiful song.

I'm a huge Paul McCartney fan and I believe it's because I'm one of the first generation fans. But it's Alan's music that always brings a sentimental smile to my face and heart.

Welcome to the fan club.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 08:30:21 am »

Welcome to the fan club Queenie.  Thank you for sharing about your husband and how you became a fan.  Alan's music does speak to the soul.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 04:36:05 pm »

Hi Queenie1, so sorry about your husband.
Welcome to the fanclubboard. A lot of nice people here. I'm Jean from Belgium.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
crazyjjk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 12:16:02 pm »

Queenie, I am saddenned by your loss but pleased where it lead you. I to am here under similar circumstances. Over        1-1/2 years ago my  44 year old wife who I loved dearly woke up one morning and did not know who I was. I rushed her to the hospital and they could not find anything. Some of her memory came back but she was not the same. With further tests it was found she had two lesions on her brain. One on each temperal lobe. She became extremely paranoid, accusing myself and a daughter of stealing from her, conspiring against her ect. She would accuse me of having affairs when I went to places like the dentist or doctors office ect. The paranoia caused her to finally leave me, though before I and the rest of our family lived in pure turmoil. Through this time of turmoil and after when she left, and the sadness of losing the person I knew as my wife, AJ's songs were one of the few things to bring any comfort to me. Took some time to heal but when he finally was coming back to the Northeast I figured it was time to join. I am going to both the Wilkes Barre PA show and the Watertown NY show.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:21:30 pm by crazyjjk » Logged
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 12:51:46 pm »

Hello and welcome,

I'm Jeri from near Jacksonville, FL. So nice Alan's music was what brought you to this room. Alan has some great Fans!
Alan's music has a way of healing by our identifying to the words. His Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning
helped heal our Country..I feel.

My Dad was also a Small Town Southern Man, so I can identify..in a sense
So sorry for your recent loss. God has a way of carrying us, at times such as yours.My condolences.
I hope you enjoy meeting Alan's Fans and would love to have you here!
God Bless,
 Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 06:36:39 pm »

Queenie, welcome to the fan club board.  So sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.  Alan's music always seems to bring comfort, whether to the individual or to the nation.   The Precious Memories album is a treasure that helps me get through every day life. 
So glad you decided to join us here - please come back & join in any time, through good & bad times.  We are always here for each other.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: