Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 04:40:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooks and Dunn farewell !  (Read 7628 times)
winlonghorn

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:22:12 pm »

Sad day for country music fans because kix brooks and ronnie dunn are great performers wherever and whenever. They have stayed the ground and put all their best out there! I am truly sad to see this country duo call it quits as it is going to be a big loss to all of country music. :(I certainly am an avid admirer).
                       what are thoughts about an all country star tribute farewell concert for Brooks & Dunn by Tim Mcgraw hosting the event with Alan Jackson,Reba Mcentire,George Jones,Brad Paisley,Carrie Underwood,Loretta Lynn;etc. and donating proceeds to shriners hoispitals across america? Also suggested walmart participate by putting up christmas trees for toy donations to children at shriners hospitals as well as collecting toys at concert in Tennessee Titans football stadium write Tim Mcgraws management if you like the idea!        The e-mail address is ([email protected]).  I already suggested it to them.  Your Supporting E-mail would only Help make it happen next summer.  e-mail Them Now,so they have time to set it up.  Thank You!
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:37:32 pm »

People who want to make a donaton to the Shriner's Hospitals are free to do so without having any associaton with Brooks and Dunn, Tim McGraw or Wal-Mart Corporation.  When you dealing with the public, you have to be cognizant that everybody has their own special charity.  Tying yourself to one charity is not good business sense.  For every one fan or customer that you make happy, there are many other fans or customers that are not happy with being "forced" into one specific charity. 
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:25:42 pm »

I can understand what you are saying as we contribute to many. we just sent a big donation to St Judes recently. The charity established by Danny Thomas years ago and has done so much for children. I think I read Alan has donated to them also.

We also give to the American Heart asso and others. so people have their own charities they are loyal to. The shriners do great work, however.

They may very well do a farewell Tour themselves. I hear their music played on radio more than ever before recently. Make this farewell Tour Last, to Brooks and Dunn. we will miss you Guys! Some Tours last a long time--- maybe this will be the case.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:20:37 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
suem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:24:59 pm »

They are doing a farewell tour in 2010....Kix said they'd call it the last rodeo tour!
Saddened by the news.  Really enjoyed their concerts.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:34:52 am »

Yes...such a great duo...and they made such a great impact on country music. It is sad to see them go...even though, I believe, individually they will remain in the country music scene in one way or another.

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 12:59:29 pm »

I am going to their final concert in Nashville now rescheduled for September 2. 
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:08 am »

IndianaNative, I'll be at the concert too.  Our seats are so high up, they are going to look like little ants on the stage.
I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale, but since I don't belong to their fan club, I'm certain those tickets went fast.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 02:43:09 am »

I'm sure that will be a great show Dot and Indian Native.  Brooks and Dunn put so much energy in their shows.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: