Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 03:49:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OT- Concert Review- George Strait, Reba & Lee Ann Womack-2/25/10  (Read 9668 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2010, 02:30:21 pm »

It was overall a great show & a long one when George Strait, Reba & Lee Ann Womack took to the stage for a concert at Atlanta's Philips Arena- and the crowd was loud & rockin'.
Lee Ann Womack opened the show for 30 min with some of her hits. She brought Willie Nelson in on a taped video screen to sing "Mendocino County Line" with her- a pleasant surprise as this is one of my favorite country songs.

Next came Reba who played an hour & 20 min & she was spectacular. Reba knows how to bring it. She is one of my favorite ladies of country.She called Lee Ann  Womack back on the stage to sing with her on the duet hit song, "Does He Love You."This song was my favorite Reba concert moment. Both Reba & Lee Ann have great vocals. Reba also got a rousing ovation when she launched into "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia". She came out for her encore in a sparkly red dress to sing "Fancy", her Signature Song.

George Strait strolled onstage looking like he had just stepped out of a magazine with his pressed & starched western shirt & Wranglers. He performed his hits for 2 hours. The stage was in the round but there were microphones all around the stage & he went from one to another so everybody got to see him. My favorite performance from George was "The Chair"- a great pickup song.

I will never forget this concert & wish all of you could have been there. And I am now looking forward to seeing Alan in April.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:55:55 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »

Sounds like a great concert!!  Thanks for the review Harriet.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:07:24 pm »

Harriet   Thank you so much for a great review.  I always though Reba was one of the best.  I am so glad you were well and could enjoy it.   Take Care     nelle      HUGS
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:12:15 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:40:55 am »

Harriet, thanks for a great review.  That was a long concert.  Glad you were able to go and enjoyed it.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »

Harriet thanks for the review. How wonderful that
you got to see three stars in one show.I would
love to see all of them.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 11:07:50 pm »

Thanks Harriet.....that's one concert I would have loved to have been at.  Three awesome singers!  Wish Lee Ann Womack would tour with Alan.

January

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:49:45 pm »

Oh I want to see this show so badly - they aren't coming anywhere near here..  ;> (

I am getting to see Toby and Trace and hoping for Band D with Gary Allan and of course crossing my fingers for the TBHCMSS - otherwise known as Alan Jackson!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 05:38:15 pm »

Wish they had done 2 shows here since the tics sold out in 45  minutes!!  I have seen Reba here and Lee Ann in Vegas but not George!  Darn!  Glad you got to go!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 09:44:57 pm »

Wish they had done 2 shows here since the tics sold out in 45  minutes!!  I have seen Reba here and Lee Ann in Vegas but not George!  Darn!  Glad you got to go!
We went to the box office at Philips Arena as soon as the tickets went on sale- we find we have better luck doing it that way- however it is not a long trip for us- about 18 miles.

January, I hope to see Toby & Trace in September. I am fortunate that Alan will be here next month but he did  not have a concert here last year so I thought we might be seeing him. And I'm very thankful I got to see the George Strait Concert.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:10:42 pm »

For those of you who missed George, Reba & Lee Ann they have added a Nashville date.
From All About Country:

George Goes 'Strait' For Nashville
Nashville Tour Stop Added
George Strait has added a Nashville date on his 2010 tour, featuring Reba and Lee Ann Womack, according to The Tennessean.

The Nashville show is April 28th at the Bridgestone Arena (formerly the Sommet Center).

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:10 pm »

Thanks Harriet.....that's one concert I would have loved to have been at.  Three awesome singers!  Wish Lee Ann Womack would tour with Alan.

Lee Ann opened for Alan in San Jose a couple of years ago.  And I agree --- I would like to see them together again.
January

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 04:12:09 pm »

I saw LeeAnn with Alan at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas in 2008 - it was great - but I was in row 16 - ......so it could have been greater......LOL

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40:11 pm »

Thanks for the review Harriet.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: