Alan Jackson
May 01, 2024, 05:22:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Preferred Seating Tickets  (Read 11681 times)
IndianaNative

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »

When it was announced that Preferred Seating tickets would now be available on-line, various members made postings saying how happy they were that we wouldn't have to set our alarm clocks for midnight anymore to fax our ticket requests.  But when I look at the upcoming sale dates for Preferred Seating tickets, it shows the start time as 12:00 a.m. on a particular date.  So it appears that for the best chance for really great seats, we still have to log on to the AJ Store website at midnight to place our order.  Am I missing something or is this the way it still works?  Thanks.
CowgirlDee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:26 am »

Gosh please keep me posted..you are talking about the FortWayne show correct?
CowgirlDee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:04:02 am »

I just hate the whole trying to get good seats anymore! Now is it if you get preferred seating that you can not see where your sitting til the night of the show??? Then it's to late to say oh i'm in the 25th row I wanna another seat? At the bottom of the info sheet it says you may have better luck waiting til they go on sale to the public.. UH! Then someone who's not a fanclub member gets better seats! Grrr... Almost want to go through a broker.. they are making it that way anymore... What happened to the dayz when you could stand in line for days to get great seats? Lol and they were like $30 tops HA Wink Anyways.. any info on what ya'll out there are doing and how the seats have been for the Preferred tickets you are getting would help!
rodsandoval

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:52:27 pm »

Good Question!! So, I will be in Chicago b April. My doubt is: I buy tickets here or in Ticket Master? In Ticket master I can see where I'll seat..
crazyjjk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:17 am »

New here. Now you guys have me worried. This was the first time I was going to use the preferred seating hoping to get good tickets. Now I am seeing all this. Is going through preferred seating worth it?Huh??
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:15 am »

Preferred seating is generally reserved for the rows 2-10 for the first few days.  If they aren't sold thru the fan club, they will be released to ticketmaster, or who ever, to sell.  So, in my opinion, if you want to be in the first few rows, best bet is thru the fan club.  The other benefit is that there are no other fees as with ticketmaster.  The only downfall is that you can't see exactly where you are sitting for a few days.  First time I used the fan club, I got 4th row, center section, seats 1-4.  Was extremely happy about it.  Your choice though.  Leslie
crazyjjk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:44:02 pm »

Thank you. As I read what you are saying I will know where I am sitting before I pick the tickets up at the concert that day?
Mary_SC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:05 pm »

Once you purchase your tickets it will take approx. 15 days before you hear the 3rd and 4th time from the fan club. (It took 9 days  for me to hear back from the FC). You then have the option to email back to ask where your seats are located. But NOT before then. hope this helps.
BTW every time I have ordered tickets from the fanclub I have never been futher than 7th row back and that was in Atlanta back in 2007. I'd never order my tickets elsewhere.

"Livin' on love"
January

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:28 pm »

I think it is worth it - I got 8th row once but you aren't going to get even that from ticketmaster if the tickets have been on sale for any length of time - the scalpers are getting ridiculous with the seats they manage to get. The only thing with the fan club is if you can't go you are out because YOU have to pick up the tickets and show ID - I have joined several fan clubs just for the presale benefits - Alan calls it preferred seating and I always try to get in there right at the minute they go on sale but still it is a good deal even if you can't get in that quick. Leslie - did they change the rows to 2-10? I thought it was 2-25 - and crazyjkk - I believe the fan club seats are center section. Sometimes the venue will tell you where your seats are if you call them. I have always been lucky that Cindy has let me know.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:01:16 pm by January » Logged

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Lindilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 02:08:21 pm »

I bought preferred seating for the atlanta show. They went on sale feb 27th, but I didnt notice it til march 1st. Do yall think I will get descent seats?
Lindi

crazyjjk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 02:17:22 pm »

Thank you. I will be on at 1:00 EST tonight to get mine for Wilkes Barre PA
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »

Just a thought, but why do they have midnite as the time for ticket selling
and no live person there to monitor things?
I know I recently had an experience thru Martina's fc selling of tix and they
had someone there to assist... This person was posting replies to questions
as the fans were writing them. It really does diffuse the tensions.
Bangersisters

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »

It's midnight and not noon? Wow. I have to double check. That means 1:00 am for the east coast. I hope I'm home Sat night to order for Rochester. This fan club is so different, making sure your up to getting the best seats...LOL

Edit:
Actually the 13th would be Fri nite, but Sat morning. 1:00 am, do I have that right now?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:05:56 pm by Bangersisters » Logged
Bangersisters

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:21:46 pm »

In addition to my previous question does Alan have a specific seating arrangement. Such as End Stage vs Center Stage?
Thanks for any help.
vballcoach

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 09:41:27 am »

Does it show how much you are being charged at the time you order?  Just curious, waiting for the WV show to order for the first time.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: