Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 05:12:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackson's "Freight Train" tour gets ready to leave the station  (Read 2780 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:38:33 pm »

http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/newsitem.asp?xid=3818

Jackson's "Freight Train" tour gets ready to leave the station
Monday, February 22, 2010 – Alan Jackson's Freight Train Tour will kick off in early April. The tour is being launched about one week after his new CD , "Freight Train," is released.
The tour start April 8 in Estero, Fla. and ends May 23 in Lexington, Ky. , hitting 15 cities. Josh Turner and Chris Young will open the shows.

"Freight Train," out March 30, includes eight Jackson original songs plus four more, including It's Just That Way, the first single, and a duet with Lee Ann Womack on the Vern Gosdin classic, Till the End.

Jackson said the title track "sounded different and just kind of stuck out. I guess when you really think about it, man, we've been rolling along here for a lot of years, just going like a freight train."

Jackson will launch the album with March 30th appearances on Today and the Late Show with David Letterman, an April 4th appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and an April 5th appearance on Ellen, his first on that show.

Tour dates are:

April 8 - Estero, FL/ Germain Arena

April 9 - Orlando, FL/ UCF Arena

April 10 - Alpharetta, GA/ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park

April 11 - Greenville, SC/ Bi-Lo Center

April 29 - Champaign, IL/ Assembly Hall (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)

April 30 - Moline, IL/ iWireless Center

May 1 - Rosemont, IL/ AllState Arena

May 2 - Fort Wayne, IN/ War Memorial Coliseum

May 13 - Manchester, NH/ Verizon Wireless Arena

May 14 - Uncasville, CT/ Mohegan Sun Arena

May 15 - Rochester, NY/ Blue Cross Arena

May 16 - Wilkes-Barre, PA/ Wachovia Center

May 21 - University Park, PA/ Bryce Jordan Center

May 22 - Charleston, WV/ Charleston Civic Center 

May 23 - Lexington, KY/ Rupp Arena
momof2gr8kids

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:39:53 pm »

OMG!
I think I may pass out!

It has been 5 long years since I've seen AJ in my own town...and he's going to be kicking off his tour here!
Can anyone say yeeeeeeehaaaaaw??

Ok, Kathy....breathe......

So happy now....words cannot explain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: