Alan Jackson
May 21, 2024, 09:34:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Check it out  (Read 7516 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:04:35 pm »

http://blog.cmt.com/2010-02-19/alan-jacksons-daughter-mattie-finds-a-new-way/

http://www.countryweekly.com/alan_jackson/news/4553
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:25:38 pm »

Cute concept!   ...and Mattie is going to be a journalist!

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »

That is going to be a great video - Congratulations to Mattie for the concept and her journalist efforts!!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »

I was surprised to see the whole video. Are they playing it on the tv yet--GAC or CMT?
It;s cute and Alan of course looks great! Good idea Mattie !
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 07:51:32 pm »

Alan Jackson’s New Backwards Video

Alan Jackson’s New Backwards Video
Alan’s daughter created the concept for his new video.

countryweekly.com

The video for “It’s Just That Way,” from Alan Jackson’s upcoming album, Freight Train, will debut on Monday, February 22. The video was directed by Roman White, and filmed at a farmhouse in Spring Hill, TN as well as on location in Tampa, FL.

Alan is especially proud of the video, because the concept for the video belongs to Alan’s daughter Mattie. “We looked at a lot of treatments, but hers was the best. I was so proud when everyone picked it.” says Alan. “The song reminds me of [wife] Denise, and how we have been together forever. Sometimes we just look back and think of where we started and how it all happened and it's just like it was supposed to be,” he said.

The whimsical video features a backwards reality where adults play on a children’s playground, while kids supervise them, suited businessmen work on construction sites, and uniformed construction workers take classes at a university.

Mattie Jackson is a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She makes her debut as a journalist in the June issue of Paula Dean Cooking.
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 08:22:35 pm »

It's a cute video.  She did good!
but I was surprised by this part: Mattie Jackson is a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She makes her debut as a journalist in the June issue of Paula Dean Cooking.
Didn't she attend Wake Forrest last year?

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:27:19 pm »

That's strange.  If she did switch, I wonder why.

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:35:09 pm »

From All Access:

"MATTIE wrote in her concept, “The video depicts a backwards reality, with metaphors of nature's undeniable realities. And illustrates a love that is as pure and dependable as the sun rising in the sky.”"

Way to go Mattie!  You really nailed the core of the song!

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:46:20 pm »

Somebody thank you very much for the info.

Mattie Great job.You should be very proud of yourself.

The video is on CMT. I just watched it there.     Take Care  Everyone and have a nice weekend.     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 09:10:52 am »

Perfect video for that song.  Great job Mattie, keep up the great work, I'm sure you will.  Leslie
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 04:29:56 pm »

I just love the video !!!  Mattie should be very proud !! I'm sure Alan is very proud too !!!  Alan really looks good in it !!!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: