Alan Jackson
April 28, 2024, 02:04:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's San Antonio Rodeo Concert  (Read 8458 times)
Piper

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:25:06 am »

Alan's San Antonio Rodeo concert was really fantastic!!  My husband and I have been fortunate to see him every time he has performed at our rodeo; and, this year was just like all of the others since the early 90's  ----  with a "sold-out" show and very enthuiastic fans.  Alan looked wonderful wearing his grey cowboy hat, bluish/green western shirt, jeans, and boots.  The first song of his set was "Itty Bitty" followed by innumerable favorites like "Remember When", "Gone Country", "Small Town Southern Man", and "Drive".  As always, he introduced each member of The Strayhorns saying their name and where they were from. Their backup music was fantastic.

When Alan sang "Good Time", it brought back many fond memories for me of my "Nashville Adventure at the Cadillac Ranch" back in June of 2009.  I was one of the lucky ladies to be invited to get on stage with Alan and hold up Terry's "Good Time" letters while Alan sang.  That was a "once in a lifetime experience" that I will always cherish and never forget!

All too soon, the pickup truck was backing up to the stage to get Alan.  As he stood in the back of the truck and waved to his fans as it drove around the rodeo arena, Alan also reached out and shook hands with some of the lucky fans in the front row.  Once again, Alan performed a wonderful concert and thrilled the cheering crowd.  The only thing that would have made the evening even more fantastic was if I had won a "Meet & Greet" thru the fan club.  Oh well, I can always hope for next year!

THANKS ALAN and THE STRAYHORNS
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:32:52 am »

Piper   Thank you for that great review.   Take Care and have a nice weekend.       nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 11:54:06 am »

Piper, thanks for the San Antonio review!  Can't wait to see him again at the Houston Rodeo in a couple of weeks!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
January

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:22:01 pm »

Piper - so glad you had a great time at the rodeo - was he clean shaven?  (Alan, dear, when you come to see me will you please not shave)

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:35:35 pm »

Piper happy to see you had a great time
at the concert.
Elaine

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:18 pm »

Piper, thanks for the great review!
glad you and hubby had a wonderful time..

AJ IS THE BEST
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 05:22:07 pm »

Great review Piper.  So happy you had a great time and got to see Alan.  Did you get any pictures? 

Livin' On Love in California
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:38 pm »

Piper so glad you got to see Alan in San Antonio..Missed seeing you post but thanks for the concert review for the show/..I would like to see him in the gray outfit sounds really nice and well shaved I hope.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 09:49:50 am »

Thanks for sharing your review of your San Antonio Rodeo concert, Piper.  It is always a great time at Alan's concert.  Glad you had a great time.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 12:11:06 am »

Piper, thanks for sharing a great review of the San Antonio Rodeo Concert.  Glad you and your husband had such a good time.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »

Piper, glad you had a good time at the Rodeo, you did a very nice review. A.J. always has a good concert.

Yep, I won't ever forget being at the Cadillac Ranch either, since I fell trying to get on stage, but with Terry's help I did get on. 

"Gone Country"  From KY
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 12:46:01 am »

Thanks Piper for the great review. Glad you and John had a wonderful time. Alan never disappoints.
Yes the memories of the Cadillac Ranch, what a time we all had.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: