Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 10:59:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: February Thread-Drop by & visit  (Read 55449 times)
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2010, 11:06:21 am »

Well everyone it has been awhile since I have been here.  It took me awhile to read to catch up with all the news.  I still haven't finished.  I just want to send my wishes to everyone who have not been well lately. Terry, Nelle, Jeri & husband and BHR with her SIL.  JeanB, glad that your wife's surgery went well.

The weather has sure been different this year.  We usually have alot of snow.  But this year, we only had snow before Christmas and we have hardly any left.  The weather has been alot milder here than normal.  I am not complaining.  But south of the border is getting it this year.

I finally finished my scrapbooks on Alan's articles that I have collected for years.  That took me quite a while.  Now I am working on transferring all my LP's (33-1/3, 45's and 78's) & cassettes to CD's. My husband bought me a unit at Christmas so I can do it.  The sound is coming out great.  Also my husband and I are planning to go to Europe this early summer.  Therefore I am planning the itinerary for that. We are planning on going for 3 weeks. Ten days probably in Holland to visit all my relatives (62 cousins plus aunt and uncles). I am waiting to here from one of my cousins when they are planning the family reunion (they are getting together this Monday to decide the day), then we can decide the exact time to go.  There is so much to see and I know we will not be able to see it all, so we probably will have to go back.  Our plan is to see a few things in the Netherlands - Amsterdam, Maastricht (hometown of Andre Rieu), Zeeland (Delta Works) & Groesbeek (Cdn soldiers cemetery from World War II).  The other countries would be Belgium (Brussels, Antwerp & Brugges); Luxembourg (no particular town, just sightseeing); Germany (Koln, Black Forest area, The Romantic Road in the Bavarian area);  Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna, Hallstatt); maybe Italy (Merano); Switzerland (St. Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt, Zurich,Lacerne, Lake Constance, Lugano, Lucerne).  We will have to make another trip to Europe to see just Italy and France.  If anyone has been to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium or Luxembourg and have any must do or see in the cities I have mentioned or others, feel free to give suggestions.  JeanB, I did receive your email on places to see, which I have taken some of my suggestions. We will be going to the castle in Fussen.  A lady I work with went to Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.  She loved the Netherlands and Belgium but did not like Germany at all.  She toured the whole country and was very disappointed with alot of it. I know she did not like the food and the menus were only in German, not English so you did not know what you were ordering.  Also, the highway signs were only in German.  She said she is glad she had a GPS.  I can speak and understand German a little, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Well I better go.  Take care all.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 12:54:40 pm »

Hello, Friends, haven't had a lot to say lately but was battling a cold & now much better. Just saw Alan's new video online & will be watching for it on CMT Monday. Really looking forward to a new album & the tour.

AnitaMartina-How exciting that you are planning a trip to Europe.

AJTexasfan- Agree with you about concert dates.

Dizzy- That gray shirt really looks good on Alan- you are so right.

BHR- Now we are having normal Atlanta weather- going up to 60 today. Bye, bye snow.

Elaine- Am also enjoying the Olympics. Looks like Canada has 3 Gold Medals now.

Nelle- Hope you are feeling better- I'm about over my cold & thanks for the well- wishes.

Jeri- Still wishing your Hubby will get a good report. We are fine now.

Sharon- Saw that snow in DC on TV- unbelievable. Hubby's brother lives there.

JeanB- Really enjoying the Olympics esp the skating as you know.

Hi Terry, glad to see you post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:58:49 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 05:48:39 pm »

Anita what a wonderful trip your going to have this
summer.My inlaws both speak German but still found
it hard with all the different dialects.My daughter
went all over Europe and had a wonderful time.
Harriet  I have been enjoying the Olympics each
day.
It is cooler but at least we have the sun today.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 09:00:40 pm »

Hi Guys!/meaning girls & guys..
I hope everyone is in fine shape and enjoying the Olympics or whatever your family is doing..

I took my husband to the hospital this past Friday and the Dr talked to me, he said the spot has not gone but not grown more either.They did his biopsy and put him to sleep.. in case some of you do not know.. Dr think & hope it's just a pancreas chronic thing , prayers that it will be.. He is not that strong yet today, but we came home. I feed him low fat food only. no processed food. frozen is ok.. veggie and some fish & chicken.. steak once in a while.. size matters, only a small steak.. has to eat snacks every two or so hours.. fruit etc... hard to think & plan what to eat..but we do .

Loved the Alan new Video, love the Song even more! It's so laid back & reflecting. something we all do, at some time in our lives. Sweet Song too.. I loved it when Alan said as he left the audience at Tupelo, MS, he said "Be sweet". that is what my Dad always said to us, when leaving too. Maybe it's a southern term, not sure..ha!
Everyone stay well and I will let you know if anything is on the test. etc..You will hear me screaming maybe..I am so concerned about this.. If it were me, I would not worry. Hubby , is such a good man to be ill etc.. he used to fight in the Military and was so strong. I mean on a team there.." Be sweet"
Take care, God Bless & say prayers for my husband.
Jerrie-FL-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2010, 09:20:54 pm »

I've been so busy at work, I'm usually falling asleep in my chair by 8pm every night.  Not a very exciting life, but only 6 months to go with that pace. 

Love watching the Olympics.  Try to catch as much as I can.  Disappointed I missed the final skaters in the men's singles - it was just on too late.  Yeah Evan!   Love Apollo & Shaun White - they both have so much fun with this whole experience. 

I'm way behind on my reading, so I'll just wish everyone well and hope that Spring shows it's shining face soon!  We are supposed to get another big storm Sunday night & into Monday.   Another wonderful drive to work.  YUCK!

Looking foward to the new album so much!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2010, 09:42:19 pm »

Jeri, I will keep your husband and you in my prayers. 

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010, 12:01:11 am »

Hope everyone is doing fine. 
I am waiting up to buy the Greenville tickets!  Hoping being at the computer will keep me awake.  As those of you who know me, I'm not a "night owl".  The things I do for a chance to see Alan Jackson.  I should be about 20 years younger!
The weather was beautiful, typical South Carolina warm this weekend.  No jackets needed and sunshine.  Rain in on the way.
Dizzy, I agree, I love that gray shirt in the video.  It is beautiful.
I got Jerry to plant my valentine shrub yesterday.  I asked him to come help me since it was so pretty.  I showed him where I wanted it, then he got the shovel and dug the hole, I put the plant in, and he covered it up.  After I watered it, he says, "you didn't want me to help, you wanted me to do it."  Sure I did and glad he did.  LOL!
Y'all have a good night.  I have an hour to go.......

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2010, 08:13:38 am »

Sharon, I am so happy for you....and all the others going to Greenville.  I am still hoping for a Florida venue!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:15 pm »

Jinx, Looks at the new tour dates listed - a lot in FL and we may not be able to go boo hoo. my husband is still
going to other Drs etc.. will tell you more later..2nd opinions etc.. I'm upset..sounds like a great run of stops for Alan on this latest Freight Tain CD..I wish him the Best , Love it! His new single is playing On Gator Country often now. Getting back up higher again."It's Just That Way"..,,, Wish we could go, but sometimes it isn't possible.
Jerrie-FL

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »

I just saw that, Jerrie.   Both Florida dates are when my daughter is here for spring break with my
granddaughter.   So I won't be able to go but I guess it's a good thing that they are my priority...ha!
I hope all will be well with your husband.  You have had quite a time lately.  I am sorry!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2010, 03:10:41 pm »

Jeri saying prayers all will go well
for your hubby.
Sharon glad to see your weather is
getting warmer.
Jinx sorry you can't make the Fl
concerts.
Cloudy this morning suppose to get the
sun this afternoon. Watched the ice dancing
last night.I sure enjoyed it.Watched the curling
this morning .Canada won.
Elaine

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 04:46:34 pm »

Jeri i hope everything will be okay with you husband.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I have been watching alot of the Olympics.  Dissappointed in our Canadian Men Hockey Team. They should have won last night. Hopefully they beat German.  But that will be a tough game.  Our ladies team is doing great.  I have been watching the curling and both our teams are doing very well.  Tonight is the freestyle skating.  The Canadian Team is in first place.  So I hope they win the gold.

Well I think I talked too soon they other day.  Our winter has been mild and hardly no snow.  Well  when I left work at 3:30 it was just starting to  snow.  We are suppose to get about 8 to 10 centimetres.  I hope they are wrong.  Its sure coming down heavy right now.  Maybe we will have a snow day tomorrow and I won't have to go to work. (yeah if that would ever happen.) I can't remember the last time that we ever had a snow day.  Maybe when I was in school.  It looks like a winter wonderland. 

Well I better get going, my soap is on. Y&R.  Talk to everyone soon.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »

Hello everyone,

I started with the Census today, so no more sleeping in for me...lol.  I will (at least for this phase) be working locally and not a 100 miles away from home this time.  I still have one client with my other job, but have done all his hours for Feb. 

Looking forward to planning a couple trips now that part of Alan's tour schedule is up. 

Weather here has been either cold and rainy or warm and sunny,  My trees don't know what to do!!  Last week it was near 70 and today it didn't hit 40 and it was windy.

I have two law classes plus two other classes this semester so have been really busy with that too.  My shoulder is finally back to normal.

Sharon, thanks for staying up to get the tickets. 

Have to go do homework and a friends tax return tonight.  Take care everyone, and I'll try and get back more often.

Hugs to all.

Livin' On Love in California
suem

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:39 am »

Hi all,
It's been ages since I've been on here.  So much happening. Like many I haven't been able to read all.
Jeri, I pray for your hubby.  Will be hoping for good news the next time you post.
Excited to see the Florida concert postings and other areas as well.  Feel a tad sad I won't be able to make it to Orlando.  Family reasons.
But I hope to make it to one in Illinois....the Rosemont or Moline.  Would like to do two but not sure I can be away from home for three days.
My oldest daughter who is pregnant with her second son is on bedrest for the past three weeks.  We are so thankful that the baby has not arrived.  But she's depressed because she can't do anything, ------bed and lying down, she can't even sit up...she can take a two minute shower and trips to the bathroom.  Now her days and nights sleeping are mixed up.  We help out with meals and taking care of the little guy as much as we can.  I'm exhausted with teaching and all.
Conferences are over so some of my stress has been relieved.
Kathy, are you counting the days until retirement?  
Harriet, I hope you get over your cold.
Anita,  can I come with you?Huh  Wow what a great trip!
Sharon, I'm so happy you will get to another AJ concert!
Terri, glad you are working with the census and can make the concerts. Are you a life long student?  Good for you.
Elaine, I've enjoyed watching the olympics, skiing and skating.  The talent is amazing
Take care all and hugs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:13:19 pm by suem » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2010, 11:11:47 am »

Thanks for all your nice comments & prayers for my hubby..It helps  believe me.. He is on so many prayer lists now.
Tomorrow is the day we decide how to proceed w/his illiness. will tell you later..I am doing amazingly well being strong for him. God is carrying me, believe me.. He is in charge now of our future..I had to turn it to God..I will be fine/not to worry.
Great Sue to see you & Terry and know you are ok. Terry , I hope all goes well with your work & school etc.. Don't get too stressed out! You are very strong, I can tell. Good wishes, anyway for you. can't imagine how you do all you do. Hugs
Sue, so sorry about your daughter too, this often happens. My DIL had to take it easy at the last w/the twins, but she just rested and took care of herself( this was during my mom being critical) Her mom helped some , but could not keep the older child much, too much stress. Friends came in to help and then my son when he got home. Sue don't get too over stressed, but I know you  love your little one too & daughter, like me. You just have to make sure  to take care of you first
like my sister does( you know why)  Saying prayers your children will be fine..Sue.. thanks for stopping  by. I had been worried about you but didn't want to put more on you by writing etc.Hugs to ya!God Bless you & yours!

The tour sounds so nice, so sorry we wont be able to attend due to hubby being ill. So glad some of you can go and enjoy things at least..Love Mattie's conception of the Video..it is nice and she may work for Ole Dad someday!! great career, if
you are good at that sort of work. My Sister's son went to UT also!

Back to the tour , would love to see Josh open for Alan , also Chris Young. I have seen Chris at St Augustine.. his new one is great~! so is the latest for Josh! can't wait to hear ALL the Songs on the album..
Gotta run now. Take care and God Bless Everyone reading,
Nellie , Harriet  Kathy and all others, take care too & hope you are all well, Dot Sharon & Jean/AZ & Jean/B and family in fact Everyone of you AJ FANS we talk w/all the time..
Jerrie-FL-MS

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: