Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 06:31:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Concert in Watertown NY  (Read 10885 times)
sharonsma59

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:08:23 am »

Just saw Watertown NY on Alan's Concert schedule for this summer. I am thrilled to pieces as he has not been in New York State since 2008. Watertown is only an hour north of my home in Oswego NY. Of course, I know he had one of his boats for sale up here last summer. In fact it was front page news in our little city as it was docked here. Also heard he is buying a summer home in 1000 Islands which is not far from Watertown. Thanks so much Alan--people in central New York will be over the moon with appreciation for your concert.
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:35:37 pm »

My daughter's family spends their summers near Chippewa Bay at the Thousand Islands. 
We may have to visit this summer! 

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:21:17 pm »

Can I come too Jinx? LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:20:09 pm »

Wouldn't that be a blast?Huh?

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:07:16 pm »

Jinx I want to go too...that would be a  hoot..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 08:14:22 am »

a Concert in NY, in summer would be so nice! Congrats!
we were just there at the Met in the fall and it was super nice to walk around and see things. Is 1000 Islands anywhere near Manhattan? That is where we stayed in a hotel, in the midst of everything NY!

Jinx that would be nice to visit a place you are familar with in the summer, and see Alan at the same time.

With hubby not well , it will curtail some of our early concerts. later maybe... just have to wait and see how it goes.
Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 09:19:47 am »

Maybe we should plan a road trip!! LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

sharonsma59

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 07:53:17 am »

In answer to your question no--Manhattan is worlds away from Watertown NY. Watertown is very close to the Canadian border. It is about one hour north of Syracuse NY which is considered central New York being geographically located midway between Albany and Buffalo. It is a great place to be in the summer. During the winter not so much unless you happen to like freezing, snowy climates. For those of us who chose to live up hear we are a very hardy group. Snow and cold does not faze us in the least. Even when we are buried under many feet of snow in Oswego NY located on the shores of Lake Ontario. Actually this has been a great winter--only one big storm and most of our snow is now gone. Only had to take out the snowblower two times so far--shoveling took care of the rest. Great place to live--clean air and not too many people or traffic jams, very historic--Fort Ontario. Come visit us sometime--guarantee you will love it. Oh, btw we have a lighthouse also.
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:44 am »

Sharon, sounds a lot like my neck of the woods, southwest Michigan.  Would love to see it some day.  Leslie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: