Alan Jackson
May 07, 2024, 08:54:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooks & Dun going their separate ways  (Read 19065 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:31:31 pm »

From CMT News:

Brooks & Dunn Splitting Up in 2010
Saying, "It's Just Time," They Make the Announcement on Their Official Web Site
August 10, 2009; Written by Calvin Gilbert

Brooks & DunnBrooks & Dunn will be going their separate ways sometime next year. The duo made the initial announcement Monday afternoon (Aug. 10) in a message on their official Web site.

"After 20 years of making music and riding this trail together, we have agreed as a duo that it's time to call it a day," the statement read. "This ride has been everything and more than we could ever have dreamed .... We owe it all to you, the fans. If you hear rumors, don't believe them. It's just time."

A new greatest hits compilation, #1's and Then Some, will be released on Sept. 8. The message on their Web site assured fans that duo will "come see you all one more time in 2010 with the Last Rodeo tour."

Brooks & Dunn have dates scheduled through Oct. 24 in the U.S. and Canada. Their next tour date is scheduled for Friday (Aug. 14) in Aberdeen, Md.

After releasing their debut album, Brand New Man, in 1991, Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn scored 20 No. 1 singles on the Billboard country chart. They've also won 19 CMA Awards (including 14 in the vocal duo category) and 24 ACM Awards (including 15 as the top vocal duo). They also won two Grammys for best country performance by a duo or a group for "Hard Workin' Man" and "My Maria." To date, they've sold more than 30 million albums.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »

I feel sad to see this. To me they were the Gold Standard for duos. Have seen their very good show twice. Wishing the best to Kix & Ronnie as they go their separate ways next year. Sad

Patti

patriciasellars
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:20 pm »

It makes me sad to hear that they are going different ways.  What a great Duo, THEY CAN DUET and DID AND DO.  I wish them both the best.  I hope I get to see them next year before the split.

Sad

Patti   
Livin on Love in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:52 pm »

It really makes me sad to read this Duo  is splitting. I love them both. Kix is a fiesty one and really fits good with the laid back type Singer that Ronnie is. They have made a great Duo, years of winning awards and making some good music. This is sad.. so sad

I wish Ronnie would do the song of Ray Charles that is on video as "Stripped". Ronnie does a great job on this song called "You Don't Know Me" Love that, you can look it up on most radio stations site that have a  vault of all kinds of music, -its under "stripped" Just a great job by Ronnie and full screen a great video!

Kix has lots of business going for him. a new Vineyard in Nashville where you can visit w/family, even  go to a wine tasting. Love the "sarrah red wine", I think it is.I know it's sold at exclusive restaurants in Nashville.

Sorry for this to happen , they are so great & years together. I wish them so much success w/ their ventures in life. I'm so glad I got to see them play together on the Tour w/Alan in FL. It was a great Concert w/military salute etc..Ronnie sings from his Heart & this Concert touched so many ,at that Concert on the Alan Tour!

God Bless You Guys!Jeri-Fl  (So many hits and a life of Music together and I appreciate them all. This is unexpected for sure.)
What A Career together!!! It's also fun too remembering every award with Brooks and Dunn over the many years!!
PS- They can't leave us, without an Encore Concert on TV perhaps.
Does anyone remember their "Believe " Video. It is such a great song & Video, they did this so well together. just that few chords
Kix did on guitar, really made a difference in the Song. They were just a  perfect match, and what a Delight to hear!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:44:38 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:36:04 pm »

This is indeed sad to hear. They are a unique duo, in all sense of the word, that beat the odds of making a successful career in country music where if it was today that they started their career, it would have been even more doubtful that they would have gained the kind of success they garnered the last 20 years. Kix and Ronnie didn't know each other when they both first hit Nashville, as the story goes. They were both looking for solo career in country music. Tim Dubois, the former Arista Nashville CEO, I believe, who also helped launched Alan's Country Music career, suggested for them to be a duet act instead of going for solo careers. A little hesitant and unsure at first, they both decided to give it a try. Twenty years later, they've been the best duo act ever to appear on the country scene since the Bellamy Brothers. Their success is nothing short of phenomenal. They will be miss by many. . .as a duo, that is.

The best of luck to you both, Kix and Ronnie, wherever the road takes you next after the curtain falls at the end of your last concert show next year. You both had a good ride. Hope to be able to catch one of your last concerts.

BHR

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:43:56 am »

This is indeed sad news, I love Brooks & Dunn.  I hope they are both blessed with individual success as much as they have been blessed with the duo success.

Livin' On Love in California
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 06:22:10 am »

I was surprised  to read this too.  What a great duo and what success they have had.  Wishing both of them the very best of the music business.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JoAnn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 06:50:28 am »

This is surely sad news.  Wishing both of them the best of luck in their future.

Jo Ann
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 07:57:55 am »

SAD NEWS INDEED !  BOTH ARE GREAT TALENTS -  WILL MISS THEIR GREAT SHOWS -  BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH  OF THEM
IN THEIR FUTURE  PLANS.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 09:57:15 am »

Thanks for sharing Harriet.
Sad news indead ! A lost for countrymusic.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 11:08:14 am »

I am so sorry that BROOKS and DUNN are not going to sing together any more. They were my favorite DUO from the start.   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 02:37:32 pm »

Have enjoyed their music.Sad to see the partnership
end.Good luck to them in what ever they do in the
future.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 06:40:27 pm »

Sorry to hear this.  Enjoyed their music very much.  Glad I got to see them when they toured with Alan a couple of years ago.  I wish them both good luck in their separate endeavors. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
cballa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 11:55:14 am »

I am really sad to hear about this also. They are awesome together. I have seen them several times in concert and they are great together. I wish them both the best in whatever they decide to do.
DianeE

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:32 am »

I'm also very sad to hear this. They're the best duo out there. If Ronnie keeps on as a solo artist though, I feel sure he will be nominated at some point as Male Vocalist. I just think his voice is terrific.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: