Alan Jackson
April 30, 2024, 02:37:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW OPRY POLL GLITCH ALERT  (Read 5369 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »

I posted this earlier under the previous NEW OPRY POLL thread. I found something terribly wrong on their polling system. . .at least for this particular one. Here's again what I said on that post, for those of you who has not or did not read it:

Thanks for alerting us, AJ#1COFAN. I just went there and did a little checking. Something is, excuse my choice of words here, screwed up, it would seems, with their voting system. Here's what I did after going to the link I posted: I clicked on WWY then voted, which of course, took me to the result page. At this point you will see 3 tabs at the top of the page, the 1st is for the this forum's site, the 2nd is for the Opry site and the 3rd is for the result page. I clicked on the 3rd tab to close the result page and voted again. Surprise! The number of votes went up again. I tried it another time and it did it again. So, AJ friends, now we know how come 'I Hope You Dance" keeps persistently staying on the top. Someone, a fan of Lee Ann, must have found out about this too and spread the word to her other fans. I don't know about you all, but if that's the kind of game they're playing, why shouldn't we be able to play the same game too? Do we or don't we? I'm leaving that to your own judgments.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

BHR

I feel really bad now for even having started that thread and for that I'm truly sorry. JINX, you are right. Alan would not want us, his fans, to join in that kind of poll voting dishonesty charade. But even though it's just a poll, it's should still have been set securely so fans can only vote once a day for the duration of the poll. the way it is now, it's only not fair to the fans of those artists, whose songs are on the list, who are trying to vote honestly, but it is also an utter disrespect to these artists themselves. I will personally email and notify the GOO webmaster/site contact and put this to their attention.

Again. . . .my apologies.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:32:15 pm »

Thanks, BHR- well I'm going to keep voting & let's get Alan a win. Why not? I have no guilt feelings whatsoever because if everyody is doing it it is a level playing field.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »

BHR  You have nothing to be sorry for. How could you have known this would happen.   Thank you for always helping everyone and for posting so that we can help ALAN win what he deserves.   Don't  worry, you and your husband have not been feeling well which is the important thing to now is to get well.   ALAN understands everything is not fair.  It could have happened to anyone posting that link.   Take Care     HUGS    nelle  

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:30:08 pm »

BHR - Thanks for clarifying this ... thought I was losing my mind.  It's sad that we are hard pressed these days to find something that is fair.  I'm sure we all experience this in our everyday life, but it all works out in the end.

"GLAD TO BE AN ALAN JACKSON FAN IN COLORADO"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:21:24 pm »

No reason to apologize BHR.  You simply discovered the problem and that is a good thing!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:30 pm »

I'm so glad you notice this!  I  called the Opry a few days ago when I noticed that my votes were going toward Womack's song and although it appeared to be corrected, it still didn't look right.  I thought nobody cared since it might be considered just an insignificant little poll.   

However, it really concerns me that a poll, however insignificant, could be so carelessly constructed.  Who knows how the results might later be used.

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 10:05:15 pm »

I'm so glad you notice this!  I  called the Opry a few days ago when I noticed that my votes were going toward Womack's song and although it appeared to be corrected, it still didn't look right.  I thought nobody cared since it might be considered just an insignificant little poll.  

However, it really concerns me that a poll, however insignificant, could be so carelessly constructed.  Who knows how the results might later be used.

Thanks you all for your kind understanding. This really just upset me a bit. Will explain. . . .

Oh, my word! AJsTriscia, I actually had not noticed the voting points going to Lee Ann's song so I went back there right after I read your post. Thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe this. And here I am being accusatory of Lee Ann's fans voting dishonestly.
MY BIG APOLOGY TO ALL OF THEM. It would seems the origin of the problem is with the opry.com website itself and it sounds to me like it's either their new site was hacked or part(s) of it was/were not set up right (if any of you wish to contact the Opry about this problem, like I did, I suggest you visit the site, scroll all the way down and click on CONTACT US; either send a message through there or use the phone number given on that if you wish to call instead). I did another testing and voted 5 times. Here's how the vote numbers were added for WWY and IHYD:

First Vote: WWY - 1; IHYD - 24
Second Vote: WWY 1; IHYD - 4
Third Vote: WWY - 0; IHYD - 4
Fourth Vote: WWY - 1; IHYD -38
Fifth Vote: WWY -1; IHYD - 34

AJsTricia, as you can see, the problem is still hasn't been fixed. So, I highly recommend that everyone here stopped voting until it's fixed. . .if they ever do it. I agree with the importance that should be given these polls. The problem is many people do not understand that these polls actually affects the music artists career's success and the kind of music they're putting out there much like the charts do. And this is what has upset me about this. Believe it or not, just like with the charts, music artists and the people who work with and around them also puts some attention to these polls, even the ones made up by fans in the forums, because that's how they know what is working and going to help improve their careers and what is not by listening and paying attention to what the fans wants to see at their concerts and music videos and hear more of from the music products (albums, records, etc.) they put out there as suggested by these polls. The artists themselves may not be checking the polls sites themselves but the word gets around to them and they keep that in their minds, I'm sure, when it comes time to make a new album, put together a concert show or shoot a new music video or something. So, yes, polls should not be taken too lightly. It's another way to show and give your support to your favorite music artist and their music.

Thank you all, again, for your kind understanding. I just try and do my best.

BHR
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:10:39 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:13:32 pm »

BHR, you are so right about how the polls are used.  If you want to call, the Opry gave me the name and no. of the web person to call about the glitch, which I didn't do bec I thought the problem had been fixed.  If you want the number,  send me a message on this site.

And they should know that only one vote per day is the best way to go. Good idea of yours.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:31:26 pm by AJsTricia » Logged

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: