Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 11:20:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alans house for sale  (Read 12723 times)
countrygirl

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2010, 01:44:44 am »

Saw in the Country Weekly that Alans house in Nashville is for sale.
Whats up with this?
Has he bought another one in Nashville?
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:21:39 am »

It has been for sale for quite awhile now.  I don't know what he is planning.  Maybe because him and Denise are getting older and the girls are grown up he feels it is time to downsize.  It is a beautiful piece of property.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:19:35 am »

From what I've read, they are ready to downsize and are having another one built in a gated community somewhere around Nashville or in the area.  Would be hard to leave Sweet Briar though with all of the memories of raising the girls there.   But times change and girls grow up and move away.  Hope they will be as happy in the new place as there are in this one.  Leslie
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:17:00 am »

The house they are having built will be in a gated community, so guess we won't be able to drive by anymore!  sob, sob.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

January

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:46:35 am »

Downsize- that is funny - he is still going to have a house 3 times as big as most of ours...lol.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:07:32 am »

I guess it is all relative.  Downsize for him, upgrade for us.  Oh well, such is life.  Leslie
January

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:12:09 am »

LOL - very true and right now I wouldn't want to heat or have to clean one much bigger than what I have - I would like  a bigger kitchen and 1 or 2 more rooms.........

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 08:30:56 pm »

I don't want a house any larger than I have now either, too much to clean. As a matter of fact if I ever get lucky and move to a new house, I don't even want a kitchen.   HATE cooking.

I was going to add I suppose A. J. got tired of looking at us driving by his house and taking pics in the driveway!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:32:39 pm by Dot » Logged

"Gone Country"  From KY
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44:55 pm »

Dot, I think they probably thought it was pretty funny watching all the crazy things we did to get a picture!!!  LOL

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 12:09:46 am »

Maybe Alan is just doing a little tax planning --- remember those capital gain tax rates go up after 2010. Lips sealed
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 08:42:26 am »

I'm sure that's it, its all about the tax planning.  Must be a huge worry for someone like him.  Hope he has a good tax accountant and financial planner.  Leslie
ajfantamtx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:06 am »

Undecided ::)I do not think they will sell it. 
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 05:45:39 pm »

It is SO over the top that they may have a time selling it.  They need some new superstar to grab it up without a second thought!  There is a gated community where Oprah and others have houses, you just have to wait and sneak in fast when the gardeners go in ;-)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »

Gee, we would love to have one like the cabin on Alan's place, that rustic look seems to fit my being a Country girl LOL.

Glad we got to see Alan's House, if they are selling. some put them on the market and take them off a while and slightly drop the price and they sell later...

I'm sure Alan and Denise has someone to do everything for them, except write his Music! So glad he has a album out soon!!!
Take care, Jerrie-MS-FL

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:36:13 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »

It's hard to leave the home you've known as "home" no matter how big or small.  I'm sure he misses his home in Noonan just as much as he'll miss this one.

But we have to move on or just sit around and be depressed.  Life must go on and a good man like Alan and his family deserve a lot more beautiful times!
Alanfan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: