Alan Jackson
April 30, 2024, 05:06:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Voice  (Read 10748 times)
IndianaNative

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:28:05 pm »

For Christmas gifts, I received Alan's CD and one of his caps from the Cracker Barrel collection.  Listening to the CD with songs from 1989 to 2009 really brought home to me how Alan's voice is getting better with each passing year.  His great voice combined with his writing of many of his songs illustrates why Alan Jackson is one of the greatest country music stars of all time. 
January

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:05:59 pm »

So very true - and as much as I like to look at the early Alan Jackson - (as well as the current Alan Jackson LOL ) - I like to listen to the current Alan Jackson a lot - he has improved with age - all the way around ;-)

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 08:28:25 pm »

I agree with both of you - I really like his voice now.  His song writing ability and his voice make a wondeful combination!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 08:45:58 am »

And he's not so hard to look at either!!!!!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 11:48:54 am »

I have some old AJ CD's and photos. I must say his new photos he has improved with age.. He looked good w/muscles but
now he is so darn handsome and in great shape.

His older music is great but his voice has gotten lower and so smooth. I love his old "I'll Go On Loving You" and the video is great. Loved "Blue Bloodied Woman"- "Blues man"( for Hank Williams) "Midnight in Montgomery" the list goes on & on.

Listen to "Rainy Day In June" you can see how great his Voice is! His Heart wrenching Songs are THE best! I love a few quirky fun songs too! Oh Yes, I really like"Little Man"

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 01:06:51 pm »

To many songs to start naming one,,,

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 01:08:15 pm »

Alan has a Golden Voice & he is a songwriter without peer. I really do enjoy all of his music.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:10:11 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 09:04:57 am »

I LOVE Just LOVE his Voice!
AND.. Hearing him Talk!!!!
You know Alan doesn't like his voice? Or to hear himself sing??
He once said the girls Like to play his cds..LOL
Are those girls Lucky or what?
I wonder if he ever just walks around the house singing???
Could You Imagine someone that famous being Your dad???

Just a Down to earth Country boy...
Singing his heart out...
I would be SO Lost If he ever retired...
when I 1st Heard "Don't rock the jukebox"
I Heard a winner...
Hes like the Energizer Bunny!
He goes on.. and on...

THANK--YOU ALAN!!!

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 02:10:14 pm »

I love all of Alan's singing - old & new.   On his early recordings, he was a great singer - but as he has matured and his voice has gotten more mellow, he has become one of the great vocalists.  He knows how to get the most out of any song!!!  Love it all!
AND - he is one good-looking, sexy man! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 09:23:48 am »

I agree with all of you, he has a great voice that has really matured better than most, and so has he.  Some of us don't mature as well as others, but he certainly has and so has Denise.  Leslie
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 12:45:35 pm »

I agree with all of your comments.  Alan is one of the few singers/performers that I have to say I have liked every since he started out. In country it is Alan, in pop music Neil Diamond and it pop/opera Il Divo.  But I have to say Alan is still my all time favorite.  One of my favorite videos is Little Man & Chattahouchie.  On the Canadian CMT, Alan's video was #20 for Chattahouchie" for Top 20 Videos of the Decade.  I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to see or hear him enough.  They don't play him on the radio or TV as often as I wish they would.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 09:39:18 pm »

He has  been my favorite for the his whole twenty years..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 09:52:35 pm »

Seems like I can not add much as all of the posts have read my mind.   Alan just does get better and better.  It does seem that we do not hear Alan enough on the radio but the dj's know him and respect his work.   Alan has stayed so true to his upbringing and beliefs.  As his fans we love him and never want to see him retire, though he certainly deserves it.
The video from "I'll Go On Loving You" will forever be etched in my mind.  Favorite songs are so hard to pick, but "Remember When" is so special, "Little Man" shows Alan feelings and forsight so many years ago.  "Monday Morning Church" was a great song and so love the CD "Like Red On A Rose".   Maybe country did not take to the CD but I would love another one like it.     Thank you Alan for twenty fabulous years of music, style and joy as we look forward to many more.   Bless you and your family.  You have done it all right.

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 09:07:15 am »

It's just that way, isn't it.  Leslie
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 04:29:41 am »

Agreed, agreed, agreed...
That voice is so sexy, the main reason I fell in love with him, I just can't get enough of it no matter how many thousands times I've heard it before...
Not to mention his looks and his Southern American drawl.... Wink

AJ IS THE BEST
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: