Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 12:58:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legends of Country Magazine  (Read 2755 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2019, 08:59:09 pm »

I don't know if any of you have seen this new magazine. George Strait is on the cover and features Alan with a full page photo shot and a background story of his career that made him a legend in country music at the opposite page (pages 54-55). He is also mentioned in the magazine's "The Greatest CMA Moments of All Time" section on his premier performance of "Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning) in 2001 just weeks after the terrorists attack in NY. Photo taken of and from that performance disappointingly was not amongst the photos included with the article, however. And on the last section of the magazine, "Grand Ole Opry", where they featured country music legends who has preformed at the GOO over the years, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Vince Gill and newcomer, Thomas Rhett were amongst those who not only were mentioned but also were pictured. Not Alan, though and I think it's not only a shame but a bit disrespectful. They have a photo of a group of artists who where there during the event celebrating GOO's 75th birthday in 2000, but, I don't and can't see Alan in it. I'm almost tempted to write a complaint to the editor/publisher of the magazine.

I just thought I'll make you all aware of this publication, in case you'll be interested in reading it. I saw and bought it at a Kroger's grocery store. I've been trying to find a photo of the cover online but somehow couldn't. I'll try and post it here soon as I've found one.

BHR

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 05:45:29 pm »

Thanks For the Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to Jax with Alan... Hope my hubby can stay well to go. I want to take my other Grand Daughter, I have taken her Sister to see Alan perform. Wish me God's speed on seeing Alan!!

Take care to all, Jeri( Hometown MS) I Pray Mattie is ok and Families too. God Bless Them All

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:55:21 pm »

Hi Jeri,

That will be so nice for you to go see Alan in Jacksonville.  I hope your husband will be well enough to go with you.  Hope all is well with you.  I am not on here as much as I used to be.  But I do miss the conversations we all had on here a few years back.  Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc are all taking over.  I do talk to some on facebook that used to be on here too.   I kept more up to date on here with everything then I do on FB.  I just retired last month from work and I still find it hard to get on here and  on any social network and keep up to date with everything.  I just have so many other things to do.  But it is nice that I do see a few AJ fans on here that I recognize.  Well keep well, and hope to keep in touch once in awhile.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: