Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 12:28:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just can't afford these tickets...  (Read 4830 times)
bradbutner

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:55 pm »

I'm 43 years old here in Mebane, NC.  I took my college girlfriend to an AJ show as our first date in Winston-Salem, NC in 1999.  I married that girl!  About 3 years ago we went to see Alan in Raleigh and I took that awesome wife and my 2 daughters to see him.  It was absolutely the highlight of my kid's lives!  Their first big concert.  I saw that he was coming to Winston again a few weeks ago and, as a fan club member, I went to buy tix.  Y'all, it would've cost me almost $500 to take my wife and kids between the tix and fees.  Again, I'm 43.  I remember listening to Blue Blooded Woman on the radio and falling in love with this guy, so I'm a legit AJ fan.  But I can't spend $500 on a concert that lasts 2 1/2 hours.  I'm a diehard conservative and I'm not pouting about anything, but $500 goes a long, long way buying groceries, etc.  For the FIRST time in my life, I won't be able to surprise my wife with a "go back in time to our first date" and my girls to see Alan in NC.  This will be the first time I've missed him in NC.  God bless y'all.  Sorry for getting on my soapbox.  But it was sincere....
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:45:27 pm »

bradbutner, I don't response to forum messages as often as I used to. The subject of yours, however, made me feel compelled to do so. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment. It doesn't seemed that long ago when my family and I paid $33 per ticket (service fee/sales tax included) to Alan's concert. That was in '96, the very first concert of Alan we attended. Not exactly the best seats in the house, but, we still had lots of fun and thought the concert was well worth the money we spent to be in attendance (the last time we were at Alan's concert was in 2011....can't afford the ticket prices anymore). Not long after that, I remember reading about an interview Alan did where he expressed how he was feeling concerned about the ticket prices in his shows because he knows that it's their hard earned money that his fans are using to pay for their tickets.....or something to that effect. While I believe that Alan still feels the same way, I think, though, perhaps a big part of what's driving concert tickets prices, in general, go so high is the very willingness of fans/people to shell out their money for an opportunity to see their favorite artist(s) perform in person (I've heard of some people actually and intentionally going in debt to do so). I am not whatsoever advocating boycott nor am I condoning it. But, I think, however, it's time for the fans of pertinent music genre to start speaking up and let their voices be heard about these ridiculously high ticket prices.

No offense to anyone I may offend, but, there's also one thing that have been bugging me about the VIP tickets perks for Alan's concerts....or make that two. One, I've been seeing messages at this forum here from time to time from fans who has bought them either thinking the perks included a Meet and Greet with Alan or wondering if and hoping it is only to be disappointed that it's not. In my opinion, and with total understanding of high risks of danger for the artists' lives in this day and age, for the price they paid for their tickets, however, it should. The other thing is the inclusion of something free (?) from Alan's Good Time bar in Nashville. I can see this as a plus if you live in or near Nashville. But how about if you're from another state or country even? What good would that do you? Unless, of course, you're willing to spend more money to travel there to enjoy your freebie. I'm not sure that this has been well thought of. Or, there should at least be an alternative for those of us who are not able to afford to travel to Nashville.

Thank you for your post and for somehow bringing awareness to this concert ticket pricing issue. My apologies for my long winded response. Smiley

BHR

jdub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:04:30 am »

I agree the price of tickets is nearly impossible for some of us.  I cannot afford tickets but my daughter bought tickets for his September 2018 show that was cancelled.  This was my mother's day, birthday and Christmas give for 2018.  Sadly, the concert had to be cancelled.  I am glad that Alan did cancel.

In April, when Alan comes to Omaha, it will be a year that we have been holding on to our tickets.  As a big fan I was hoping that there was a meet and great or something special for those of us who are in the fan club. 
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 01:58:03 pm »

I agree the price of tickets is nearly impossible for some of us.  I cannot afford tickets but my daughter bought tickets for his September 2018 show that was cancelled.  This was my mother's day, birthday and Christmas give for 2018.  Sadly, the concert had to be cancelled.  I am glad that Alan did cancel.

In April, when Alan comes to Omaha, it will be a year that we have been holding on to our tickets.  As a big fan I was hoping that there was a meet and great or something special for those of us who are in the fan club. 

he has rescheduled those dates that was canceled last year  if you kept those tickets they are still good  when it  resheduled

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 02:08:08 pm »

bradbutner, I don't response to forum messages as often as I used to. The subject of yours, however, made me feel compelled to do so. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment. It doesn't seemed that long ago when my family and I paid $33 per ticket (service fee/sales tax included) to Alan's concert. That was in '96, the very first concert of Alan we attended. Not exactly the best seats in the house, but, we still had lots of fun and thought the concert was well worth the money we spent to be in attendance (the last time we were at Alan's concert was in 2011....can't afford the ticket prices anymore). Not long after that, I remember reading about an interview Alan did where he expressed how he was feeling concerned about the ticket prices in his shows because he knows that it's their hard earned money that his fans are using to pay for their tickets.....or something to that effect. While I believe that Alan still feels the same way, I think, though, perhaps a big part of what's driving concert tickets prices, in general, go so high is the very willingness of fans/people to shell out their money for an opportunity to see their favorite artist(s) perform in person (I've heard of some people actually and intentionally going in debt to do so). I am not whatsoever advocating boycott nor am I condoning it. But, I think, however, it's time for the fans of pertinent music genre to start speaking up and let their voices be heard about these ridiculously high ticket prices.

No offense to anyone I may offend, but, there's also one thing that have been bugging me about the VIP tickets perks for Alan's concerts....or make that two. One, I've been seeing messages at this forum here from time to time from fans who has bought them either thinking the perks included a Meet and Greet with Alan or wondering if and hoping it is only to be disappointed that it's not. In my opinion, and with total understanding of high risks of danger for the artists' lives in this day and age, for the price they paid for their tickets, however, it should. The other thing is the inclusion of something free (?) from Alan's Good Time bar in Nashville. I can see this as a plus if you live in or near Nashville. But how about if you're from another state or country even? What good would that do you? Unless, of course, you're willing to spend more money to travel there to enjoy your freebie. I'm not sure that this has been well thought of. Or, there should at least be an alternative for those of us who are not able to afford to travel to Nashville.

Thank you for your post and for somehow bringing awareness to this concert ticket pricing issue. My apologies for my long winded response. Smiley

BHR
    the good time bar in those vip tickets  is  a bar like they set up when you buy those vip ticket    its in the area  when you go for those tickets  they tell you where to go   read the bottom of those vip tickets  says venue  and liquor  laws well apply
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:19:17 pm by ajarkansasfan » Logged

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 09:06:44 pm »

ajakansasfan, thanks for explaining it. Just to be clear, and as I mentioned on my post, I have not been to any of Alan's concerts in a very long while so I'm unknowledgeable of what you had pointed out. What I had posted about the AJ Good Time Bar was based on the information on what the VIP tickets' benefits entails given at the tickets information page on this site and nothing was said there about it being at the venue itself. It's easy to take for granted that everyone knew about it already or others may have missed reading the notation on the ticket, but, it's always good to be informed. Thanks again. It's been very much appreciated.

BHR

bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 06:12:14 am »

I've been seeing Alan in concert for 27 years.
To say tickets have gotten more expensive would be an understatement.
I can remember paying $14.00 to see him at a county fair.

Ticketmaster's fees (25%) are a large part of this problem.
And those VIP packages...INSANE !!  I've had some of them think they have special privileges at the actual show. Wrong, your seat is the same as mine.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:16:31 am by bltn1955 » Logged

OMGMA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: