Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 05:05:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Hometown Mural  (Read 3357 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:23:44 am »

I hope you all can see/read the article from the link below. Alan's hometown of Newnan, GA is honoring him with a mural that I'm sure will get a lot of his fans flocking to the location to see and take selfies. I can see it now causing unwanted traffic jam for some of the residents of Newnan. My family and I live in this town and has been for number of years, by chance, so I will not miss viewing it.....and, yes, taking some pics.....for the world. The photo with the article is showing the progress the artist has made with it. I will post here the photo of the completed mural when it's done.

http://times-herald.com/news/2018/10/alan-jackson-mural-painted-by-artist-in-residence

Enjoy!

BHR

jdub

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:50:33 am »

Thank you for sharing, I look forward to seeing a picture of the completed mural.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:50:52 pm »

UPDATE: While our local paper hasn't posted yet the "almost " finished mural of Alan in downtown Newnan, I found this article from nashcountrydaily.com with an updated photo of the mural. I said "almost" because I'm not sure what else is needed done to complete it as the photo looks like it's already pretty much done. As the article said, it's supposed to get finished this week. If so, it may not get done maybe until next week unless the weather cooperates. We're currently having some effects from Hurricane Michael....stormy/windy weather of and on. If weather permits, my family and I may make a trip there this weekend and take a look at this beautiful mural and maybe take some pics. Click on the link below and take a peek at the photo of the mural. Below the article are 2 small photos of the wall. . . .a before and after shots. Click on them and enjoy the viewing the photo of the beautiful mural. Can you all guess where this design was taken from?

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2018/10/09/alan-jackson-gets-new-mural-in-his-georgia-hometown/

Love it!

BHR

bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 04:35:22 am »

Thanks for sharing   Cool Cool Cool

years ago a friend said of the photo..." That's one beautiful bike "
I said " That's one beautiful man "

OMGMA
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:51:14 pm »