Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 01:57:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark McClurg Back With Strayhorns Replacing Monty Lane Allen?  (Read 5962 times)
motorcitynorth

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:41:23 am »

Saw some recent pictures and video of the 2018 shows. It appears that Mark McClurg was back with the band, playing acoustic guitar in place of Monty Lane Allen. Anyone know if Monty left the band permanently (if there really is such as thing  Wink ) or if he just took a few shows off? I know Monty has his own solo career as a southern gospel artist, so maybe he needed time off the road. Hope all is well with him either way.
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:04:58 pm »

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Not sure what the changes are about. If I hear anything I'll let you know.
motorcitynorth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:35:33 pm »

Monty answered the question in posting a picture of himself with Scott and Mark McClurg doing soundcheck last night, preparing for tonight's ACM performance:

Monty: "I’m actually not doing this show... I came out to do Sound ck:)....I’m not Retired. I’m just not full time Road anymore. I’ll still do a few shows though."

So look for Mark McClurg playing acoustic and singing harmony with the band tonight.
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 12:20:48 pm »

monty is doing a few shows this year

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »

So sorry to hear monty is not in ALL shows, I love his voice & Music.. Nice that Mark is back , however. MONTY, DON'T TAKE OFF TOO MUCH, I LOVE SEEING YOU WITH ALAN & THE BAND, JERRIE( HOMETOWN MS) Cool

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: