Alan Jackson
March 29, 2024, 09:56:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First time concert  (Read 3856 times)
Deloris

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2018, 06:08:32 am »

Tuscaloosa,AL will be my first concert,I'll be 74 years old.What do I need to know,what is allowed inside,etc.

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:34:03 pm »

I hope You have a wonderful time! I have been to many concerts and I would Love to see Alan now.. Congrats!

Go to the venue online where you are going and it tells the process. Venues differ , I know we did not take
our Flash, on our Camera. Let us know how you enjoy Alan and The Strayhorns ok.. He is always good at his Concerts, and I'm misssing seeing him now.

We have attented so many and I always want to go to more. a Great Singer & Songwriter!
I met Alan in person and he is so Nice and looks better in person also  Cool
Enjoy! Jeri (Hometown MS)

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Deloris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:35:50 pm »

Thanks Jeri_Ms,I really appreciate you answering me.I will surely enjoy it,he is wonderful!!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:20:56 pm »

Deloris, welcome to the AJFC forum. I echo what Jeri has said and the links to your venue and their seating chart are below. I would just like to add couple of things. One, basing on the age you gave, if you are a hearing aids user ( I am), make sure to bring you a travel case or something you can temporarily store your hearing aids as you may find the loud sound projection at the concert a little too hard or harsh in your ears and your hearing aids may respond with ear splitting feedback (I had that happened to me). This is, of course, depending on where you will be seating at and especially if you're going to be at the PIT Section. By, the way, the PIT section may or may not have chairs to seat on. It varies on venues. On the seating chart, you'll be able to see how close the Floor Section seats are to the stage by clicking on the camera icons.

Secondly, as stated on your venue's website, only point and shoot type of cameras are allowed. That includes digital cameras with no interchangeable or removable lens, your camera capable cellphone and those cheap disposable type that you take pictures with and and later drop off at photo shops to have your pictures developed/printed, to name a few. Oh, make it 3. Since coolers and picnic baskets are not allowed at that venue, according to their rules, prepare to pay higher prices for drinks and foods, bottled water included, than you would outside the venue (you may not be allowed to bring individual beverage or snacks inside the venue either).

I think their rules page is pretty much self explanatory, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It will also be helpful for you to make a call to the venue if there's anything else you need to know, like, where and what time you'll need to pick up your ticket(s) and the parking arrangements. Lastly, make sure to head to the venue at least an hour early so you don't get stuck in traffic and or long line of cars going to the venue's parking lot and not be able to get a good parking spot or, worse, miss part of the show (these both has happened to my family and I). I hope this helps.

Enjoy the Alan's concert and have loads of fun. Do let us know here how it went.

http://www.tuscaloosaamphitheater.com/general-information.php
http://www.tuscaloosaamphitheater.com/seating-chart.php

BHR

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:55:09 pm »

The pit is all standing  no chairs at all          we know we cannot stand that long now  so we never do the pit     

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 05:49:57 pm »

Tuscaloosa,AL will be my first concert,I'll be 74 years old.What do I need to know,what is allowed inside,etc.

Hope you had a good time

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Deloris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 02:47:55 pm »

We had a great time in Tuscaloosa!As always,Alan was great!Fans, I am concerned about Alan!I have noticed this before on the tv shows,he gets short of breath and has trouble walking.He sat down a lot,at Tuscaloosa and I have heard,he could retire this year!Let's all be in prayer for him,I 'm not ready for him to hit the rocking chair.
Thanks to all of you that gave me advice,for the concert!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: