Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 09:02:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you--Precious Memories  (Read 3336 times)
Jackie7

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:47:29 am »

Alan,  Thank you for the cd, "Precious Memories."  It came out just shortly after my wonderful Uncle Bob passed and really helped me cry and grieve.  Now, I want to tell you thanks on behalf of myself and my Gma Thelma.  She died on Tuesday, the 15th at about 9:15 p.m. and they played it for her a lot that day.  She loved country music, but only went and bought a few cds.  She usually listened to the oldies on the local channel. 

On Sunday, I visited her.  She was alert and had her wits about her, but her body was fading.  She has had cancer since January and God gave her most of the year.  I had been restless trying to sleep Friday and Saturday and knew she was afraid of letting go.  I went and hugged her, held her hand, kissed her cheek, and we both said, "I love you SO much!"  She had told me two weeks before that she thought she was going and that she'd be okay and the Lord would take care of her.  Well, I could feel she had gotten scared, so I told her Sunday, "No matter what happens, whichever way this goes, you're gonna be okay.  You're gonna be okay, Gram."  I was able to hold her and comfort her.  She was an amazing person.

They told me she went into a coma on Monday, then woke up Tuesday for a bit.  She was talking to the spirits of her loved ones that have passed.  They played your cd a lot for her that day 'cause she really liked gospel and your voice.  I want to thank you for helping her hear the truth and relax enough to let go so she could go peacefully and not be afraid.  Sincerely, Jackie

"All great truths begin as blasphemies."--George Bernard Shaw......................................."It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right..."--Billie Joe Armstrong
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 08:17:57 am »

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your gramma. They always say that they see the spirits of loved ones.  When my dad was dying, he said to us that he would be okay.  That he saw his dad again and will be with him.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:21:01 am »

So sorry for your loss Jackie.  It is hard to lose someone close to you, especially this time of year.  Am going through something similar now too.  Alan's music and his Precious Memories cd can be a great help during the tough times of sadness.  He has a special gift for that.  Leslie
AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:08:52 am »

So sorry Jackie
I know how you feel...

When My Grandma passed away in 8/4/2007
That was ALL I played.. It helped me get threw such a rough time in my life..
NOW when I listen to that CD..
I think about mam.. RIP ^j^
Its so hard to lose a Grandmother
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:17:27 am by AlanEJacksonFan » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: