Alan Jackson
April 20, 2024, 12:22:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CONGRATS, ALAN! 2017 CMHOF MEMBER  (Read 4083 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:18:59 pm »

Congartulation, Alan on your induction to the Country Music Hall Of Fame. You're one of the best legendary country music artist who has kept the rich tradition of country music and still continuing to do so. This is a very well deserve honor bestowed upon you. Great to see Denise and your "kids" there, including your new son-in-law. Congrats. . . .again!!!!

CMHOF CEREMONY PHOTOS (THE TENNESSEAN):
http://www.tennessean.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/2017/10/22/cmhof-medallion-ceremony/106916582/

It's unfortunate that the live streaming of the ceremony was poorly done. It was hard to watch and, especially, listen to the with voice overs almost obliterating the speakers' speeches and didn't do the inductees justice. I think George Strait presented Alan the medallion, but, that was cut when they went into "intermission". It seems the performances of guests artists and musicians of the inductees' music and work were cut too. I'm guessing that they were actually recording the whole thing and then later on will release it on DVD, which I won't mind at all and will purchase it. That will be the most important and precious addition to my collection of Alan's CDs, DVDs and other memorabilia.

BHR
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:50:36 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

HOOTIE1951

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:56:49 am »

i,m with you about the presentation of a very important night. did not know if it was my computer or live streaming or just not wanting to show any of the show. very disappointing. i do hope we can get a chance to either see it again or purchase a copy of the actual show. i am a fan of alan,s and i am in the fan club. sure wish we could have seen more.    love you   alan
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:33:50 am »

BHR, It was slow but I saw a good bit of it..Loretta Lynn presented Alan with the medallion. It was so sad to see her so feeble, I love her.I saw Alan's speech after the presentation & it was Humble, Alan Jackson Style. His family were shown lots during this."Denise"looked so happy and I'm sure they were ALL proud of "Dad" . I was and I'm just a Fan. I admire his career of songwriting & Singing about Life.The world would be such a better Place if there were more like Alan Jackson!!! I also saw when Alan & "Denise" arrived for the ceremony. They looked so Happy & Great!. I can't wait to hear Alan's new Song..Sounds Great! Congratulations Alan Jackson, You made  Fans so Touched and Proud of You !

I'm sure many there admired Alan Jackson. He Looked So GREAT! His being humble, is his best Feature to me.
Congrats Alan & Thanks for Keeping it Country!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to the Band too!
I'm sure Your Parents are so Proud of your career! What an honor to have seen you once. Your Career has been a Godsend...
 God Bless You and Yours, Jerrie (HomeTown MS)

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:52:33 pm »

Thanks, Jeri. It must have been shown fast that I missed it. So happy to see Loretta Lynn there honoring Alan and now to find out that she was the one who actually presented him with the medal. That has to meant so special to Alan. Yes, it's sad to see Loretta so feeble now and the effect of the stroke she suffered on her. Lots of prayers being sent to her on her continues recovery. Here's are a couple of links to an article about the HMOF induction ceremony....one with a video of Loretta presenting Alan the medallion...and a photo of Alan and his family, including his new son-in-law, taken there that I just found online:

http://rarecountry.com/features/loretta-lynn-returns-to-the-spotlight-to-induct-alan-jackson-into-country-music-hall-of-fame/

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2017/10/23/photo-gallery-alan-jacksons-hall-of-fame-ceremony-with-george-strait-randy-travis-oak-ridge-boys-more/

http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/6616/sites/1446/2017/10/23102249/Alan-Jackson-and-Family_TA_07.jpg

BHR
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:06:06 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 01:04:55 am »

I don't think it well be       put on dvd to sell   I read that they were not going to show the whole show  the musicians and artist signing there songs   thata why we kept getting  that momentarly sign   I didn't like it either and  would have liked to see the whole show

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: