Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 10:32:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP: Glen Travis Campbell (April 22, 1936 - Aug. 8, 2017)  (Read 3001 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:08:55 pm »

I'm very saddened to hear of country legend Glen Campbell's passing today after a courageous battle with Alzheimer's. I have always loved his music and still do and enjoyed watching his tv shows. Last year, I think it was, a group of country music artists gave him a tribute show and I was very disappointed that Alan was not among them. I though it would have been a great opportunity for Alan to have given Glen his gratitude one more time for the help he's given him leading to his successful career in country music. It was Glen Campbell who led the path to Alan's stardom when he offered him a job at his music publishing company in Nashville (a little mention of this is in the article on the link below) after the now infamous "by chance" meeting between him and Alan's wife, Denise at an airport when she was working as a stewardess for an airline in the early years of their marriage. Kind thoughts, prayers and condolences to the Campbell family and their friends.

Rest In Peace, Glen. You will be sorely miss.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/08/08/glen-campbell-rhinestone-cowboy-singer-dead-81-country-music/550274001/

BHR

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:21:41 pm »

Thank You BHR for posting this,
 I just heard "Glen Campbell had passed after a long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease".

My deepest Condolences to the Family , I loved Glen's music all the Years. He was great on that "Sears" Guitar. Later he was in Movies, On TV and really a Star, his family was with him until the end.so nice.

Glen had a long career & I watched it all, years ago. Certainly a "Heaven's sent meeting" with Alan & His "Nisey"

So glad he gave Alan Jackson a great start in the music business.
 I'm sure Alan has also Inspired many  in Country Music too. The openers for him at Concerts. etc..

So nice he had a Family to Love and even Grandkids! Hard to believe time goes by so quickly. He could sing great, Loved "Galveston""."Rhinestone Cowboy" etc."God Bless & RIP Glen Travis Campbell.

God Bless The Campbell Family too. Jeri from MS(Home Town)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 05:07:47 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
jdub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:45:10 am »

Thank you for the nice write up about Glen.  I can't say he was one of my favorites but I did enjoy his music over the years.  I don't know how much contact the two have had but I am sure that Alan and Denise will grieve with the rest of us.  I do wish we could have seen the two together before he passed.  As Alan Jackson fans, we will be eternally grateful for the help that he gave Alan in his early years.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: