Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 06:49:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notable Alan Related News  (Read 3077 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »

"Gone Country" Goes #!

Twenty-two years ago Alan's hit, "Gone Country" made number 1 on the record chart(s). It is such a catchy song I thought he wrote it. Read all about it here:

http://theboot.com/alan-jackson-gone-country/

Keep the good 'ole country music coming, Alan!

A Beloved Young Fan Passes

Most of us, if not all of us, fans of Alan's I'm sure remember JDub, the young boy who has cancer of whom Alan granted a wish to meet him in person by giving him and his parents a special tour of the exhibit of his country music career memorabilias at the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2015. Sadly, JDub succumbed to this terrible disease the 24th of this month. Here's a sweet article from Nash Country Daily with photos and video of Alan and JDub at he CMHOF:

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2017/01/26/alan-jackson-remembers-his-little-buddy-joshuajohn-jdub-waldrop/

Condolences, thoughts and prayers of comfort to JDub's family and friends, , , ,and Alan too,

Rest In Peace, sweet JDub,

BHR

Large Mouth Bass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 11:45:56 pm »

So very sad when someone has to let go of their child,  but to know he is with Jesus is a blessing that will bring a peace like no other.  Alan your are a kind loving person who befriended a little boy and made his world shine brighter I'm sure!  You have lost your share over the last months, and yet you continue to brighten people's lives with your tour! I have Parkinson's but I did not let that stop me from standing in front of you at center stage in Pensacola on the 27th you made my night a lot brighter!  Thank you for the love you have for people that is truly from the heart!
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:42 pm »

What a Sweet thing for Alan to do for this sweet child. It's just the way Alan is that makes him so special. I'm so sorry for Alan's recent loss & his wife's mom passed a while back also. we all lose those we Love .

I remember being Home in MS while we were waiting for my mother to go. I had the pleasure of getting a Meet and Greet with Alan. he didn't know it but I was in shock to see him. he was bigger than Life to me. I put my arm around him to have our photo taken and I felt such comfort. I was so happy but  neglected to tell him how very much I loved his Music etc. He made me feel comforted by asking me questions etc He must have known I was scared to death..It was such a Happy moment in time for me, especially  with my mother about to pass on..I will never forget the time I felt comforted by Alan Jackson & he never knew.I still miss my Mother but time has a way of healing the brokeness. To all who have lost their recent loved ones, God Bless You and know God loves You.Thanks Alan, for your Comfort.You will Remain my favorite Singer/Songwriter Forever , You are THE BEST!  Cool Jerrie(HomeTown MS)

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: