Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 01:36:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mama Ruth To Be Remembered At Funeral Service  (Read 5449 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:18:56 am »

Alan's beloved Mama Ruth will be remembered at her funeral service on Thursday, Below is a link to an an article in this regard from The Newnan Times Herald. It's a beautifully written tribute to Mama Ruth, with a photo taken last April at her 86th birthday family celebration, while announcing her scheduled funeral service. Hope you all will be able to read it. Please let me know if you can't.

Rest In Peace, Mama Ruth.

http://times-herald.com/news/2017/01/jackson-family-matriarch-ruth-will-be-remembered-thursday

BHR
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:52:01 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:50:17 am »

The Funeral Service and Burial ( a must read for all of Alan's fans):

http://times-herald.com/news/2017/01/mama-ruth-jackson-remembered-at-funeral-service

Rest In Peace, Mama Ruth.

BHR

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:13:25 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:36:58 pm »

Thank you BHR for the beautiful article.

We have all lost a dear friend.   What a beautiful picture of the family.

Blessings to all.

Marian

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:34:40 pm »

Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!
 God Bless Alan and his Family. This Video is so surreal. We were there watching" Mama Ruth" , sing along
w/Alan. We were to the left of her, amazing we didn't get in this shot. "Denise" was singing along too. She looked so Pretty.I remember Alan saying "this was Mama Ruth's & his Daddy's Song."

When I saw Alan introduce Precious Memories I, Mattie was there & it was at the Ryman
God Bless You Alan & Family,
 Thanks BHR for your article about Alan's "Mama Ruth", Alan indeed had talent within his" Mama's" family.

Strange coincidence is that My own Mother ran away & married my Dad also at 16 too! I would have died if my daughter had done that but those were very different times. also my mother's first job was in the cafeteria, where I went to school. I have "Mama Ruth's" cookbook and she and my mother made their cornbread dressing alike.

I wish we had talent in our family, no luck here . I did sing in our Church Choir for years in MS.I also took piano lessons for three years & I still can't play piano well,,,,
 Alan Indeed has a Gift for Singing and Songwriting Thank God! So glad he used his Gift.
 God Bless Alan and All the Family, such beautiful Daughters also. I read a Quote once that reminds me of
Alan's Family values. It went "I do not care how much money you have ,I care how you lived you life", his
was a family of good Values, like mine.
We had Love, Jerrie  Cool                                              
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:51:51 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:44:31 am »

Thanks BHR for the article  was very nice article

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: