Alan Jackson
March 29, 2024, 09:43:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy veterans day  (Read 3123 times)
dee572

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:39:26 pm »

Happy Veterans Day to all military and retired  military  families

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Duchess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:53:54 pm »

I want to wish my son  Sgt Joe a Happy Veterans Day today, I am proud of your 10 plus years of service to our country every day but this day is special.

Also want to wish my dear friends son Master Sgt Darin a Happy Veterans Day also, his mom is in Heaven but we both are so proud of you!

These two young men decided to honor their country by serving  at a time when their peers were going to college and they spent some of their best money making years serving in areas none of us would want to be.

My son  also was an honor guard for funerals in Calif  for a couple of years , he gave up his Sat off to practice to do this, proud of hi for doing this also.

Thanks to all of the other Veterans out there also, George Strait and George Jones are two country stars I know that served their country also.
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 06:36:08 pm »

Thanks to Both of you for remembering...We are retired, my Husband served in Vietnam during the Draft.My son was born the month he left. He was on Flight Crew.
My daughter was only a few months old, when he left for Japan. a bit less  than a Year or so upon his return. I shall never forget her running to Dad in uniform & dressed in her little sailor dress w/white tights, She Put her tiny Black patent shoes on his large uniform shoes & he walked  w/her on his feet, all over that Airport. So cute & a Great memory for his Return HOME! There were many Hugs, Kisses & Tears,,,she loved him so!

It's a Hard life but rewarding too.As a Wife I got an award upon my Husband's Retiring.

The day before Veterans Day here, I had the honor of shaking hands with a young Officer pilot. He remarked to me as I "Thanked Him For Serving" that "he was from Virginia and was about to leave for Overseas duty." He was so Young & handsome, I am so glad I met him, to Thank him. We shook Hands w/respect.
God Bless Him, All who have served & those now serving. Prayers to those who paid the ultimate price.
We will never forget the many who served, ever. We had our Green Light on to Salute the Veterans and
say to them and honor. "Thank You For Serving." God Bless All,  Jerrie(HomeTown MS)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:51:04 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: