Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 07:52:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feels Good To Be Back!  (Read 4237 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:31:11 pm »

Hello, Everyone! I've been away from the forum for awhile and had been having painful personal experiences. My mother passed away July 30. About 9 days before I received an email from my nephew that my mother had been admitted to the hospital and was placed in the ICU. I came down and was diagnosed with acute bronchitis just a couple days before so I couldn't travel back to my country of birth, the Philippines, and visit her at the hospital before she passed on. So distraught was I, pouring out my emotional pain in tears, I told my husband I wanted to be at my mother's funeral sick or not. I felt well enough and had the clearance from my doctor to travel (with a little warning that I could get a relapse doing so) when we did go. Then on the very same day we were burying my mother, m husband was informed by his sibling that their uncle passed away. We arrived back home last Friday and the next day I was sick as a dog. . .again. My doctor was right. . .I'm having a relapse of bronchitis. The meds I'm taking are helping and I'm slowly recovering.

To Tuckyblue2: I received your Personal Message on my email account regarding  password you needed while my family and I were in the midst of our recent travel to attend my mother's funeral so I couldn't send you a reply back. I also wasn't sure what password that you were asking for is for. . .you weren't very specific in your message. I hope you're reading this because I really do apologize for not being able to respond to your PM, under the circumstances I was in when I received it.

Take care everyone. Love you all.

BHR

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:11:40 pm »

BHR,
 So sorry for your painful times. I can identify w/You too. So sorry. Please get well and take care of YOU. Stay home and do this to recover. I have had asthma recently also  & I had a Mastoid Ear Surgery from infection. I took antibiotics that I had a severe Allergic reaction to & could not walk , sleep, or eat for three weeks. I went from 150 lbs to 103 and then had to have therapy to walk for eight weeks. I still walk w/a cane. Heck, I thought I was 50 LOL I aged some, losing so much in a short time, but my health is more important. Like You I will take care of ME now.I feel my real age now LOL.

Sad thing is, my hubby just retired for the third time, and we were set to travel & he  went to buy a loaf of bread & the store called me that he had been taken to the hospital, passed out & hit his head.. My car was there so for a while I was in shock as to "What do I do",, The man said he wasn't sure he had a pulse or not.. It was so scary... I called my daughter & she was at my door real quick,,,, she took us all to the hospital to see how my husband was, he was alive, Thank God, but he had to have a pacemaker. He is home now and ok, but when you get past 50, things can come up so fast...We enjoy our life just being together.

It was tough losing my Mom too, a fine Lady & Mother to us Girls, I still miss her but it does get better w/time. Hang in there & be with people all you can. Relax more will help your bronchitis, I have had it a lot w/ asthma. Rest is good & eating the right foods.

I am still walking with a cane but my sweet husband bought me a new outfit, took me to have my hair done, and then my makeup done to go to my grandgirl's graduation for her bachelors from University of Florida. It was a Great day for me..they helped me byo support..She is in the Medical field . I was so proud to get to go if I had to crawl LOL

BHR, I hope for you the BEST and You Take care Lady and let us hear how you are, when possible. Do what your Dr. says , as My Husband tells me. I will say Prayers for YOU Dear Heart.hugs to Ya!
God Bless You, Jerrie(HomeTown MS)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:22:34 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 05:27:35 pm »

Jeri, thank you so much for the prayers and the caring. My family haven't been having the best of times lately. First my FIL passed away early this year, then my mother and my husband's uncle and in between are serious family illnesses (both MIL and SIL) and my having had a bout twice with bronchitis. I'm doing and feeling much better. . .except for coughing. . .and will see my doctor next week for a follow up check. I do too have bad reaction to antibiotics, but not as bad as yours. I'm unable to function normally while I'm taking them. They make me feel woozy, drowsy and nauseous. As I've told my husband, 2016 has been the worst year in our entire married life yet. . .and we've been married for 45 years.

Sorry to hear of everything you and your husband have gone through with your health situations. I'm glad that you're both doing fine or better now. You're so right about how fast things could happen when you're over 50! We all just have to take extra care of our bodies to be healthy and stay that way as much and as long as possible. Thank you, again, for your kindness, friendship, caring and most of all, for the love and prayers. I appreciated all of them. Take care and love and prayers for you and your husband too.

BHR

CarolD36

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 07:53:31 am »

Just reading this.  So sorry for all you've been through, hope you are feeling better now.  Haven't been to this forum in a while, years ago we were very active here but it seems like things have slowed down a lot.

Still love Alan, haven't seen him in a few years since he hasn't come around here, wish he would.  I did finally get to meet Roger at the last one. 

Jerri, how are you doing? 

Take care! 

Carol (NJ)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:11:51 am »

CarolD, thank you so much for the kind words and caring. I have recovered from my illness but still could not shake off a lot of the sadness I'm feeling with losing the loved ones my family and I have lost this year and now, and most recently, my SIL added to the list. I briefly mentioned her on my post above. She had brain tumors and passed on Aug. 30th. She was my bridesmaid when my husband and I were married 45 years ago. We're trying to get our lives back to as normal as possible, but this year has been real tough and trying for my family and I. Thanks, again, for your caring and kindness.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: