Alan Jackson
April 23, 2024, 08:08:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acme Unplugged Series/Opry  (Read 3943 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2016, 02:51:49 pm »

As posted at the homepage. . . .

If any of you is traveling to Nashville for the CMA Fest or planning to for a vacation, Alan is performing in the Acme Unplugged Songwriters Series show at the Acme Seed & Feed tomorrow, Friday June 3rd. He will also be at the Grand 'Ole Opry on Friday, June 10th for a special performance as he celebrates his 25th year as a member of the Opry. Hope it's televised. Read the details on the tickets and schedules here:

http://www.musicrow.com/2016/06/alan-jackson-preps-two-special-nashville-appearances-next-week/

Bonus: Trivia Of The Day: "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2016/06/02/drink-up-2/

NOTE: I have not been here awhile and glad to see that some of the former regulars here are continuing to post in this forum. My family and I had been traveling a lot lately. . .and we're not done yet. . .but not entirely for leisure. My FIL passed away last January and we've been going back and forth to their out of state home from his illness to his death. Only few months later my MIL was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so the traveling continues. My hubby and I recently had our 45th anniversary and he gave me a big surprise that I had not expected but was very thrilled about. We went to Nashville for the very first time and toured the Country Music Hall Of Fame & Museum as well as the RCA Studio B Recording Studio and ended the day with a special candle light dinner celebration of our anniversary at a very nice restaurant. I asked my husband why he spent so much money on me. He said I have put up with him for 45 years, I fully deserved it. Smiley We enjoyed all three very much. Wish we could have stayed longer and have visited other places there too but with everything gong on right now with our family, we can only afford the couple of days of visit we took, which also gave us a little bit of respite and time for ourselves that were/are very much needed. Wish Alan was there then too. We also learn few days ago that Alabama will have a big display at he CMHOF this month. We would have loved to have seen that too. We only had one disappointment at the CMHOF, which is beyond their control, in sense. A big part of the CMHOF is currently or was being renovated so they had to temporarily remove a lot of their otherwise extensive displays there. But it was okay. We still enjoyed ourselves and maybe we'll go back there again one day and everything are back on their respective places and more. Take care everyone and enjoy Alan's concerts/shows, for those of you who are going.

BHR

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:53:02 pm »

BHR, So sorry all that has happened to you & yours. It seems a Lot of the
ones we posted with for Years, are losing Family now..I just went through this, with my cousin who was Minister Dr J. Craig Martindale SR from Mufreesboro died after our Hometown Homecoming. He rode Harley's with his Youth Group & somehow got  brain swelling from a mosquito bite & now he is gone. I have few people left.I feel so bad for his family, His daughter just had a daughter & his son had adopted a son. I wish "Craig" could have enjoyed them. I still miss him, he and I were the same age.

we had started to travel when I got ill & my husband also. I would love to go to Nashville to see Alan & The
StrayHorns, Love them! I hope he gets to St Augustine Amphitheatre later on. I miss his Music so Much. All they play here on radio is the younger set.. I Love Little Big Town & have seen them several times. It seems like Country is not playing the Greats now as much, a shame too.
BHR , so sorry for your loss. My Sister has Cancer also, but she's in remission,Thank God!

Take care, we always enjoy all the sights at Nashville, so much to see & do.. BHR we celebrate our Anniversary too, soon & we have been married 51 years..Our son was born when he was in Vietnam, a hard life but lots of Great Friends! We married too young LOL Great to see You Posting..BHR.Hugs , Jerrie(HomeTown MS)
CONGRATS to Alan on 25 Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have loved his Music !!!!Seems like he is 25 haha!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:58:04 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:01:59 pm »

Thanks, Jeri. My family and I are coping as best we can. Sorry to hear about your cousin too and my prayes and condolences also. Yes, this has been a terrible year so far for many of us here personally and as well as in the celebrities world, which the most recent loss is the legendary boxer, Muhammad Ali, among others. Hoping and praying things will get better soon.

UPDATE: First off a correction. On my previous post  I erroneously stated that the ACME UNPLUGGED SONGWRITERS SERIES will be held last Friday, the 3rd of June. That should have been tomorrow, the 7th of June. My apologies. NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS: If you all have not noticed or may have ignored the pop-up at the homepage (click on the news about this event), this songwriters series will be streamed live at Wranglers Network site (the screen view can be expanded to FULL for better viewing). Here's the link:

http://wranglernetwork.com/portfolio-view/acme-unplugged-june/

Enjoy!

BHR
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:06:26 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 09:53:51 am »

The Acme Unplugged is still available to watch again on the Wrangler.com site.   SO worth watching again and there for anyone who sadly missed it.  GREAT show!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: