Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 11:53:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: concert  (Read 3757 times)
perky

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2016, 05:26:44 pm »

Can anybody out there tell me if cameras are allowed at Alan's shows,we are going to the show in Milwaukee,Wi and have never been to any of his shows.

thanks
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 12:42:14 am »

most venues allow cameras

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:54:52 am »

I have been to many concerts and have found cameras everywhere.  I don't think there are any restrictions except for big commercial cameras. 

I'm jealous.  Enjoy the show.

Alanfan          aka Suzanne
perky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:22:26 pm »

Thanks Susanne,My wife and I are both getting more and more excited as this thing gets closer,Alan is about the only performer out there that we have wanted to see just for the simple fact the man keeps Country Music the way its suppose to be,we don't care for todays performers or music.
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:41:25 pm »

It pays to check venue for their policies, and mind you, that can change too, because, sometime an artist has their own restrictions.

I was so thoroughly embarrassed at a Vince Gill concert a few years ago, when an overly aggressive security person actually yelled at me and threatened to kick me out of the venue if I did not put away my camera immediately.  Yes, it was a DSLR, but security traded me like I was some sort of unruly hip hop or rap concert attendee.

In researching many venues, the prevailing consensus was any lens over 6 inches was considered a professional camera, and prohibited.  Even my second, longer lens was not 6 inches, so I did not worry.  I always check now, and have seen increasing amounts of rules banning any detachable lens, so now I just bring my point and shoot camera.  Watch for rules about flash usage too.  Common sense and manners should dictate that such is distracting to the audience and ultimately from the artist.  Mind you, even with a point and shoot, please check you settings before concert.  Many have settings that turn on flash, if necessary.  Personally, don't mind the flash in most cell phone cameras, as distracting,  as long as someone is not using it excessively.

So far, have not seen a venue that bans all photography ban cell phone camera pictures, except from artist.  A friend that attended a Bob Dylan concert said that he banned all cameras, even cell phone cameras.  Bob is eccentric that way, one year it's okay, next year maybe not.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: